4A D1 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP Lindale vs Argyle

Jakeelee05

State Championship  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/19/2020 at 01:00 AM

7 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Lindale could be the weakest team to ever make it this far. 

Lindale is a real good team. It don't surprise me that they're here. But like someone said earlier, they're just getting out matched in this game.

On 12/17/2020 at 7:59 PM, Crapola said:

Idk if Argyle’s faced an RB as talented as Jenkins this year. My bets are: 

Argyle getting shell shocked in the first half for a tight score: 14-21 or vice versa— then taking the second half for a +14 victory. 

or 

Argyle completely shutting down Jenkins in the first half, then he finds his groove in the second half against a tired Argyle defense to make it a nail-biter. 

Either way, Argyle keys on Jenkins which should make opportunities for other Lindale play makers like their QB Peterson. So if my 2nd guess is correct, the big plays will come from the passing game or from Peterson’s legs until Jenkins acclimates to Argyles speed on D.

I think Argyle is a better team across the board with talented depth chart. However, Lindale’s resilience and come-from-behind victories make them very dangerous. I think Argyle wins, but it wont be a blow out. Jmo 

Now watch me be completely wrong lol

4 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Lindale takes KO & drives in for score.  28-7.

They were so close to having a TD on the 4th down play before the half. Hit the receiver in the hands. It would be 28-14. Just an uphill battle for Lindale. The have made some mistakes, and Argyle has capitalized. Argyle has a pretty good D this year. Lindale needs a stop here and go score. If they can get it to 28-14 we might have a game. But right now the Argyle Eagles are just too much. Lindale having a hard time with the balance of Argyle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aggie98 said:

Kilgore had a suprisingly good team, but we would not have been competitive with LBJ or Argyle. IMHO.

I agree. Kilgore and Lindale to me were very close and similar. But neither was a regional champ caliber in most seasons much less state championship game