4A D1 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP Lindale vs Argyle

Jakeelee05

State Championship  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/19/2020 at 01:00 AM

1 minute ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

With 5 minutes left up 28? Ok. Like I said no crying over running up the score. I don’t care for sure. Just kind of makes me wish they would play a team that would push their shhhh in.

They just trying to get score close to that game that was earlier today.

• Like 1

Argyle is taking care of business, congratulations! Argyle would not have a chance against Carthage. Carthage would make the Argyle brats one dimensional, stopping the run, and tee off on the QB. You better be glad we dropped in enrollment, our we would own D1 this year! Glad Argyle is not the bridesmaid this year!

• LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

With 5 minutes left up 28? Ok. Like I said no crying over running up the score. I don’t care for sure. Just kind of makes me wish they would play a team that would push their shhhh in.

I’d paid anything to see that game go down. 
Both are state champions... hard to argue hypotheticals 

1 minute ago, CDAWG68 said:

Argyle is taking care of business, congratulations! Argyle would not have a chance against Carthage. Carthage would make the Argyle brats one dimensional, stopping the run, and tee off on the QB. You better be glad we dropped in enrollment, our we would own D1 this year! Glad Argyle is not the bridesmaid this year!

Haha those brats will all graduate though 😘

Just now, DAWG91 said:

They just trying to get score close to that game that was earlier today.

100% believe that. But Carthage did it in 3 quarters. And I loved the way they were able to call time out with 11 minutes left in the 4th and let their starters have a curtain call. I’m definitely not crying over running up the score. I don’t care if teams score 100. Just a nice thing to do in that situation to give your starters a chance to have a standing ovation. Surratt has done that a few times. It’s a cool feature.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

Brats??

4 minutes ago,  CDAWG68 said: 

Argyle is taking care of business, congratulations! Argyle would not have a chance against Carthage. Carthage would make the Argyle brats one dimensional, stopping the run, and tee off on the QB. You better be glad we dropped in enrollment, our we would own D1 this year! Glad Argyle is not the bridesmaid this year!

19 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

Jesus. Regal has been saying all year he’s not the coach’s son. The broadcast said earlier that he moved to Argyle as a sophomore to play basketball. 

QB - Rogers........coach - Rodgers.........according to Maxpreps 

And what a season for Lindale. Who would’ve thought at the beginning of the season yall would be playing in the state title game. Hell of a run. Hold your heads high. Nothing to be ashamed of in this game. Y’all had literally the best season in y’all’s history. Use this as momentum for next year. Keep building! All of East Texas was rooting for you guys. Just wasn’t y’all’s night tonight. Great season!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

And what a season for Lindale. Who would’ve thought at the beginning of the season yall would be playing in the state title game. Hell of a run. Hold your heads high. Nothing to be ashamed of in this game. Y’all had literally the best season in y’all’s history. Use this as momentum for next year. Keep building! All of East Texas was rooting for you guys. Just wasn’t y’all’s night tonight. Great season!

Kinda reminds me of a little team just north of Lindale on highway 69 that made it their first time back in 14. Got beat bad....but 2 years later... SC

• Like 1

Just now, CDAWG68 said:

But they would not host their second trophy tonight, if Carthage did not drop to D2. 2 football championship is cute, let me know when you think you get close to number 8!

Lol maybe. Maybe not. The boys play then move on with real life. Can’t argue hypotheticals. 

I hope they all become accomplished adults that do t have to dwell on their high school successes 😅

I will just congratulate Argyle. Not sure what good a Carthage vs Argyle conversation does. I think anybody can see that there is a pretty clear athletic, size, and speed advantage for 1 team over the other. I won’t even get into the coaching aspect. Both are champions. Both deserve credit. I’ll just leave it at Argyle had a great season, and congrats on state title #2. You guys were definitely the best team in your division. Got over the LV hump and had a championship performance in the title game. Not much else to say.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cotton84 said:

QB - Rogers........coach - Rodgers.........according to Maxpreps 

Congrats to Argyle on winning the championship. You earned it by beating every team by a convincing margin. 
No use in arguing who is better, Carthage or Argyle. 
Every one on here has their own opinion. 
It would be a great game. 
QB even

RB Carthage

wide receivers Carthage (speed)

O line even

Defense not even close Carthage

special teams Carthage

My opinion Carthage by 10

• Like 1