4A D1 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP Lindale vs Argyle

Jakeelee05

State Championship  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/19/2020 at 01:00 AM

4 minutes ago, Crapola said:

Lol maybe. Maybe not. The boys play then move on with real life. Can’t argue hypotheticals. 

I hope they all become accomplished adults that do t have to dwell on their high school successes 😅

Ohh yea, you are definitely an Argyle fan through and through. That sounds just like the rest of them. If you don’t think this is something they will cherish forever you are crazy. Is it everything? Absolutely not. But it is something they can remember forever. 

4 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Congrats to Argyle on winning the championship. You earned it by beating every team by a convincing margin. 
No use in arguing who is better, Carthage or Argyle. 
Every one on here has their own opinion. 
It would be a great game. 
QB even

RB Carthage

wide receivers Carthage (speed)

O line even

Defense not even close Carthage

special teams Carthage

My opinion Carthage by 10

You forgot coaching. Carthage +

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crapola said:

Lol maybe. Maybe not. The boys play then move on with real life. Can’t argue hypotheticals. 

I hope they all become accomplished adults that do t have to dwell on their high school successes 😅

Hypothetically, I don't care what you think! You have no clue on what it takes to make it in life. Spoiled brats remain spoiled brats all through life, but congrats on winning tonight! 

3 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Ohh yea, you are definitely an Argyle fan through and through. That sounds just like the rest of them. If you don’t think this is something they will cherish forever you are crazy. Is it everything? Absolutely not. But it is something they can remember forever. 

Iol did I say it wasn’t? Or that they wouldn’t? I said I hope they keep accomplishing.... 

You gave a passionate retort to a slight I never made 😌

Congratulations to Argyle on a great season and a great performance in the State Championship game! That’s a great team! Well deserved.

Congrats to Lindale on a wonderful season that had a lot of people in East Texas rooting for them! Best performance Lindale has ever seen, and the kids and coaches should be very proud.

• Like 7

You are posting on a HS football forum like the rest of us. Don’t get on your high horse and play that game. We all know what your getting at. Just enjoy the victory. No need for all the nonsense. Again congrats to the young men in Argyle. Something they can remember forever. Something not many people get to experience. It’s all life experiences. And this is a great memory and experience to have.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JBizzle said:

Congratulations to Argyle on a great season and a great performance in the State Championship game! That’s a great team! Well deserved.

Congrats to Lindale on a wonderful season that had a lot of people in East Texas rooting for them! Best performance Lindale has ever seen, and the kids and coaches should be very proud.

Let this be the Spark that ignites another program into the best of Texas High School Football! Take what you learned from this experience & build a solid foundation to become another Great Football program!🏈😋👌

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

You are posting on a HS football forum like the rest of us. Don’t get on your high horse and play that game. We all know what your getting at. Just enjoy the victory. No need for all the nonsense. Again congrats to the young men in Argyle. Something they can remember forever. Something not many people get to experience. It’s all life experiences. And this is a great memory and experience to have.

New. But, I am—and I see this crowd takes the talk pretty seriously 😌 

Nonsense like CDAWG calling Argyle students brats? If you’re gunna play ref at least call this game fair meow lol 

I’m glad my old HS won state but I don’t see it as some kind of personal victory for myself. Nor would I actually taunt another town and team over it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Congratulations to Argyle and Carthage. 
I don’t give 2 diddly shites which of them is hypothetically better. Both are champions today. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Crapola said:

New. But, I am—and I see this crowd takes the talk pretty seriously 😌 

Nonsense like CDAWG calling Argyle students brats? If you’re gunna play ref at least call this game fair meow lol 

I’m glad my old HS won state but I don’t see it as some kind of personal victory for myself. Nor would I actually taunt another town and team over it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Congratulations to Argyle and Carthage. 
I don’t give 2 diddly shites which of them is hypothetically better. Both are champions today. 

Agree. I said the same. Could care less about a hypothetical game that won’t happen. I’m not saying I agree calling the kids brats, and he admitted he got a little carried away. I don’t think people are taking in that serious. It’s just talk, that’s it. But when you get on here and get up on that high horse just rubs people the wrong way pretty quick. Anyway it’s all good. Both Argyle and Carthage state champs. Have a good one.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VonG said:

Congratulations Argyle on your state championship. Congratulations Lindale on a great season. I believe Lindale can build on this and try again next year. 

Agree. They will lose Jenkins, but this is definitely something to build on. As long as Lindale is in 4a DI and plays in R3 they are gonna have a lot of success. Great to see that program having success after being one of the smallest schools in the state in 5a. They were just out gunned in that higher class. Now they are able to compete with teams their own size. A lot different. Great season to get the ball rolling!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Agree. They will lose Jenkins, but this is definitely something to build on. As long as Lindale is in 4a DI and plays in R3 they are gonna have a lot of success. Great to see that program having success after being one of the smallest schools in the state in 5a. They were just out gunned in that higher class. Now they are able to compete with teams their own size. A lot different. Great season to get the ball rolling!

Lindale will be going back up pretty soon. Their city limits and isd boundaries are growing rapidly. I was glad to see they at least competed for one.

Congrats to Argyle. Lindale ran into a buzz saw today. Was proud that Lindale got it together and was a game adversary in the second half. Also proud that the Lindale faithful easily outnumbered the Argyle folks, even though Argyle is much closer. Fortunate that neither of them had to line up with that machine that Carthage is... they were hands down the best HS team to step on that field today. Cheers 🥂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

I think Carthage could make them 1 dimensional on offense. I think they would take away the run. Carthage D is just tough to score on. But it would be the best game of the season. 

Meaning Carthage still wins by 28 or 35 points if it’s a game where SS doesn’t hold them back. 

Carthage would shut Argyle down. 

9 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Trick plays up 42-14? Ok, lol. Now I do wish Carthage would have a chance to run roughshod over this team.

Dude, Argyle is gonna Argyle a little bit. They just can’t help it. 

Carthage put up a gentle 70 yesterday, as in they weren’t running trick plays up 42-14 or even passing the ball after it got to 49. The 55th & 56th points were scored off a long Courtney TD run. 

8 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Congrats to Lindale on a fine season. 

Also congrats to Argyle taking advantage of Carthage dropping and LV not having a QB. Fine season to you as well. 

Oh my gosh! These things are true, but Argyle did do the job they were required to do this year to win state. Argyle is a very good team.