4A D1 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP Lindale vs Argyle

Jakeelee05

State Championship  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/19/2020 at 01:00 AM

16 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

That may be a little excessive.

Just like one of our guys predicted Carthage would beat Gilmer by 14 knowing full well in the back of his mind it’d most likely be at least double that margin of victory. 
Argyle is really good, but their receivers would have a very hard time creating any separation from our DB’s and that CHS front seven would shut down the AHS rushing attack. They’d also get plenty of heat on Rogers logging multiple sacks throughout the game. I truly don’t think it’d be close. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Just like one of our guys predicted Carthage would beat Gilmer by 14 knowing full well in the back of his mind it’d most likely be at least double that margin of victory. 
Argyle is really good, but their receivers would have a very hard time creating any separation from our DB’s and that CHS front seven would shut down the AHS rushing attack. They’d also get plenty of heat on Rogers logging multiple sacks throughout the game. I truly don’t think it’d be close. 

Okay

10 hours ago, Crapola said:

New. But, I am—and I see this crowd takes the talk pretty seriously 😌 

Nonsense like CDAWG calling Argyle students brats? If you’re gunna play ref at least call this game fair meow lol 

I’m glad my old HS won state but I don’t see it as some kind of personal victory for myself. Nor would I actually taunt another town and team over it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Congratulations to Argyle and Carthage. 
I don’t give 2 diddly shites which of them is hypothetically better. Both are champions today. 

They are, I do love for my Bulldogs to win state though!! 

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Meaning Carthage still wins by 28 or 35 points if it’s a game where SS doesn’t hold them back. 

Carthage would shut Argyle down. 

Nobody would beat these Dawgs with a ground game; and as was evidenced by this game, they wouldn’t have a prayer trying to throw the ball, either! 

36 minutes ago, SDCAVEMAN said:

There must not be much to do in Carthage other then extol on the virtues of a speculative and hypothetical game.  Leave it.  It won't happen.  You guys are as bad as LBJ.

Nothing like LBJ. 8 rings, big difference.

But also yea there isn’t much to do here. 

11 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Guys y’all are not giving the Argyle OL the credit it deserves.  They have 3 Power 5 guys on the line plus a Power 5 TE.  They would hold their own with anyone, including Carthage.  I think Argyle could score on Carthage D, but I don’t think the Argyle D is good enough to hold the Carthage O for 4 quarters.  My final score prediction would be something like 38-28 Carthage.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Guys y’all are not giving the Argyle OL the credit it deserves.  They have 3 Power 5 guys on the line plus a Power 5 TE.  They would hold their own with anyone, including Carthage.  I think Argyle could score on Carthage D, but I don’t think the Argyle D is good enough to hold the Carthage O for 4 quarters.  My final score prediction would be something like 38-28 Carthage.

Lindale got some pressure on Rogers throughout the game. 
Carthage defense would’ve had him on the run.

Argyle’s OL is definitely very good. Would’ve been a fun game to watch.

Great season for both teams.

On 12/21/2020 at 9:58 AM, CarthDawg77 said:

Maybe you just can’t explain it. But I’ll go a step further... WHY couldn’t we understand it?

My feelings have nothing against the players or their coaches.  Like I said, my feelings would not be understood.  I would rather leave it at that.

Nobody in 4A is even close to Carthage this year. I think Argyle is the 2nd best team in 4A but Carthage is on another level! Seriously any Argyle fan that thinks they could beat or even hang with Carthage needs to put the kool-Aid away! It is what it is!✌️

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TCU44 said:

Nobody in 4A is even close to Carthage this year. I think Argyle is the 2nd best team in 4A but Carthage is on another level! Seriously any Argyle fan that thinks they could beat or even hang with Carthage needs to put the kool-Aid away! It is what it is!✌️

I see you are sober now....😂

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

44 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I see you are sober now....😂

Hey, we do have to give TCU credit for coming on here and providing his honest, objective opinion after watching all the games.

I told the board my thought is he has enjoyed coming on here the last few years and razzing us, especially Carthage fans just to ruffle a few feathers and laugh. However, when it became obvious to him he rolled in here and basically offered congratulations and ate a little crow. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TCU44 said:

Great post, I saw on Twitter some experts were saying in a hypothetical game Carthage would defeat Argyle by 7. I politely disagreed and stated I believe Carthage would win by at least 28.

Thanks for the post.