Pine Tree vs Nederland

Chorizo

This is a tough game for PT.  Nederland is a tradition rich school.  Lots of playoff experience. 

BUT... so was AMC.. and the Pirates took care of them.

NED is much better than AMC I think. 

Tough game.  Wouldn’t be shocked either way. 

PT by 3. 

• Like 1

This will be a Saturday afternoon "matinee" scheduled for a 2pm kickoff at SFA's Homer Bryce Stadium with Pine Tree as the home team.

Nederland is the District 12-5A D-II champion. They defeated Houston Sterling 37-0 in Bi-District play.

Pine Tree is the District 9-5A D-II runner-up that advanced with a 34-28 win in over A&M Consolidated.

QB DJ Freeman leads the Pirates and was just named the "Smoaky.com East Texas Offensive Player of the Week" for his 135 yds rushing...240 yd passing and 3 TD performance in the win on Friday night.

I believe he's the key to another Pine Tree win this week.

R. J.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Valhalla said:

What is the furthest that PT has ever been in the playoffs?

THIS current round (Area) is it.

Three other times (1950, 1963   & 1976). So the second round is it in recorded history...yeah that's it in at least the past 84 years.

So should they win this week it will make the farthest advancement in the school's history !

R.J.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Ned cancelled hoops late last week because of covid at the high school. Hopefully it don’t roll over to football this week. 

It didn't affect Nederland last week in football as they hosted and won at home this past Thursday night !

Of course, IF (that's a pretty BIG IF) it hits the Bulldog Football team then they'd have to forfeit a second round playoff game ?

Let's be honest...THAT's not really likely to happen...imo !

R.J.

1 hour ago, Chorizo said:

The basketball team got quarantined because of one player tested positive last week,was my understanding anyways!!!

Thanks for the clarification.

Now fill us in on the Bulldogs.

You know...some of the strengths and weaknesses of the 8-2 season.

Much appreciated in advance !

R.J.

Well defense has played better than expected this yr,young o line,sr qb in first yr at the position,but fast and a helluva overall athlete!two running backs have started for 3 years,starter is extremely fast and shifty and racks up the yards,top wr is a flat out stud but a lil undersized,but with that being said he will go d1,just a jr but has been on varsity since his freshman year!!Two very good linebackers!!I haven’t been to everything this yr due to covid and my youngest graduated last year!My oldest was qb 16,17,18 and youngest was qb last year 19’...So definitely been a lil different this season lol..All  in all though like years past,dogs will be undersized overall with great discipline and great coaching!They are always scrappy and will fight for each other until the last whistle blows every game no matter what!!!One last thing,the top 4 or 5 players will go both ways when needed even the qb!!!!

• Like 1