The Smoakhouse Forums

Pine Tree vs Nederland

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THIS current round (Area) is it. Three other times (1950, 1963   & 1976). So the second round is it in recorded history...yeah that's it in at least the past 84 years. So should they win

So..... Jax (we) played Nederland and Pine Tree. Nederland hammered us in Tomato Bowl. PT only beat us 49-42.  The difference?    4 turnovers vs Nederland.... Zero turnovers vs PT. there y

This is a tough game for PT.  Nederland is a tradition rich school.  Lots of playoff experience.  BUT... so was AMC.. and the Pirates took care of them. NED is much better than AMC I think. 

7 minutes ago, LCM said:

Nederland is playing Fort Bend Marshall

I had changed it after looking at bracket.

Going to be interesting to see where PT goes post-DJ Freeman. 

He’s a generational player that most programs only see a few times in their history. 

No secret that how DJ went.... so went the Pirates. 

The biggest difference IMHO in 2020 PT and RECENT PT past was a much improved defense. 

Congrats to PT again on a great season.

But my Mavs are ready to take our spot back 😂.  See y’all in 2021!  

• Like 1
On 12/20/2020 at 1:10 PM, Mavchamp said:

Going to be interesting to see where PT goes post-DJ Freeman. 

He’s a generational player that most programs only see a few times in their history. 

No secret that how DJ went.... so went the Pirates. 

The biggest difference IMHO in 2020 PT and RECENT PT past was a much improved defense. 

Congrats to PT again on a great season.

But my Mavs are ready to take our spot back 😂.  See y’all in 2021!  

Pine Tree will return 3 Offensive starters & 5 Defensive starters along with 21 Letterman in 2021.

Of course, replacing DJ Freeman and 7 other offensive starters will be major league keys. Plainly stated, losing 8,000 yds passing along with 3,000 yds rushing over the past 3 years from the QB position is going to be a huge task...indeed !

The Pirates though have a nice foundation in place for building...it's just going to depend on that defense to be next years strength.

R.J. 

• Like 1