State Football Championships Spectator Info

Eagleborn

On 12/13/2020 at 4:27 PM, JBizzle said:

I really feel like some people just live to complain. I understand it’s not perfect. During a normal year, having all the games at AT&T is awesome. This year there’s some changes due to Covid, but I think the big thing for Friday is the big 12 using the field between games.

What else are you gonna do for this price? 

It is frustrating when you can’t get tickets to the game. There were general admission tickets for sale last week that were better seats than those made available to teams.

I get this is a weird year. I do feel like they should have cleared out the stadium after each game. This would have been a fairly simple/painless process by only opening certain sections for each game.

oh well. It is what it is and just happy to be there!

According to a post by Shiner ISD on Facebook, the 2A schools were only given seats in the end zone.  To me, that is completely wrong as I had the option to purchase hundreds of general admission tickets within the 30s for several days before the state finals were set.  It appears now that the nose bleed section is the only thing available.  Better than nothing, I guess.  I know with 3 games and 6 teams things can get very tricky, so maybe they should have spread things out a bit more and played some games on Saturday???

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

According to a post by Shiner ISD on Facebook, the 2A schools were only given seats in the end zone.  To me, that is completely wrong as I had the option to purchase hundreds of general admission tickets within the 30s for several days before the state finals were set.  It appears now that the nose bleed section is the only thing available.  Better than nothing, I guess.  I know with 3 games and 6 teams things can get very tricky, so maybe they should have spread things out a bit more and played some games on Saturday???

Big 12 championship is Saturday

2 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Big 12 championship is Saturday

Correct.  I knew from your tweets that they were going to have a walk-through the day before, which is why the stadium is being cleared and whatnot.  My point was to maybe not host all games at one site.  I LOVE the one-site format as a fan of the game any other year, but it's been one of those years.  I'm sure that was certainly on the table for the UIL and they had to make difficult decisions along the way. 

2 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

Correct.  I knew from your tweets that they were going to have a walk-through the day before, which is why the stadium is being cleared and whatnot.  My point was to maybe not host all games at one site.  I LOVE the one-site format as a fan of the game any other year, but it's been one of those years.  I'm sure that was certainly on the table for the UIL and they had to make difficult decisions along the way. 

this would have been the year to split it....if they dont split it this year they'll never split it

• Like 2

It's just a different kind of year guys...be thankful there is still championship games being played...like I said I got good seats in the 200 and 300 level mid field...I always sat in the 200 level in the past years and its a great view of the field...this will be the first playoff game this I won't be on the sidelines taking pictures, it'll be fun just watching the games, lol...hopefully next year will be back to normal...I'm sure all the athletes are still just as excited to be playing at AT&T

Playoff Collage.2.jpg