Coach Art Briles has resigned at Mt. Vernon

sportsfan4life

18 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

He was at MV four years total. Two full seasons as a HC, took over for Meeks after a few games in 2016. 

I was mistaken by a year or two but the larger point is he is a really good coach no matter if he has any rings or ever wins any rings. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

I've heard that a couple on staff guys have turned it down but my source is a cousin teaching in the elementary school there so she might not know what she's saying.

"turned it down" maybe indicating they are not staying due to talent drop ? or the briles name on the resume helped them earn a better gig. Either way not good if true. I know i would want my shot. Even going 2-8 , 3-7 still get thay rebuilding grace. 

49 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

"turned it down" maybe indicating they are not staying due to talent drop ? or the briles name on the resume helped them earn a better gig. Either way not good if true. I know i would want my shot. Even going 2-8 , 3-7 still get thay rebuilding grace. 

They have several talented guys returning so im not sure they will have a "talent drop" necessarily but the bigger issue will be replacing the qb if they want to continue running a spread/passing offense. I think that is the intriguing part of the potential hire is which direction offensively they want to go.

7 minutes ago, chevyman said:

They have several talented guys returning so im not sure they will have a "talent drop" necessarily but the bigger issue will be replacing the qb if they want to continue running a spread/passing offense. I think that is the intriguing part of the potential hire is which direction offensively they want to go.

Did they not bring in any transfers to run the JV last year?!?! 

1 hour ago, PatsFan said:

Did they not bring in any transfers to run the JV last year?!?! 

No transfers for the jv. They had a couple of talented kids on that jv but nobody that just stood out. Some of their best players next year will be from the junior class. 

26 minutes ago, mvtigerbacker said:

Mount Vernon has hired from within- Brad Willard former OC will be the new AD/ HD football coach - Willard has had coaching stops at Baylor, Colleyville Heritage , and Red Oak

I think that was the right move. A young guy too. Good for him and family.