Mart vs Windthorst - 2A Div. II State Championship

Crawford

2 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Nope.  That Windthorst coach knew he would not win it in OT against Freeman.  He had Mart on the ropes after a 75 yard drive.  They came to win and that’s what they did.

I meant the smart play for Mart on the extra point attempt.  Just let them kick it and make it or miss it, then play for the win in OT.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I would have given that kicker the defensive mvp.  He had two fumble recoveries and about 10 tackles.  He was also the center and the punter.  😂

Yeah, but unfortunately, if that missed fg would have been the final play for Windthorst, that would be the only thing folks would've talked about. But with that said, I'm glad it turned out the way it did.

2 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Marts qb’s dad won a state tile at Mexia in 1989. Talented family. 

And his cousin, Quan Cosby, won one for Mart in 1999 and was runner up in 2000. Cosby still the fastest kid I’ve ever seen at the HS level, and probably the 2nd best, pure overall athlete I’ve ever watched, second only to Dwight Smith of Carthage.

Just now, Nick2011 said:

Coach didn’t let him run the ball enough tonight in my opinion 

He was banged up pretty good coming into this game. So I understand not running him. What I don’t understand is your pass play was a screen. Didn’t feel like that was a threat. Windthorst was too well coached for that. 

10 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

Yeah, the few times he did throw down field it was successful but like you said they kept trying the screen and little #50 was eating it up. 

It was obvious, they road in on the coat tail of #10. They didn't add any wrinkles to the offense. Coaching won that game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crawford said:
29 minutes ago, mommacoug said:

The curse of 2020 strikes again 😂

I was rooting for Mart, they are a neighboring town.

But I'm happy for those Windthorst boys. I didn't get to watch the game. Hopefully they post them so we can rewatch them. I already heard this was a great game to watch.

I wish someone could post a replay of this gameI wish someone could post a replay of this game

2 hours ago, mommacoug said:

But I'm happy for those Windthorst boys. I didn't get to watch the game. Hopefully they post them so we can rewatch them. I already heard this was a great game to watch.

It was similar to 2018 Carthage vs MH with no OT.  Worth the watch for sure.

6 hours ago, mommacoug said:

It was very good! The best game so far of the ones that have been played.