The Smoakhouse Forums

Mart vs Windthorst - 2A Div. II State Championship

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a lot of beer being drunk in Windthorst today. But that has nothing to do with the game.

I think Mart got out coached!

#2 for W was an impressive WR......pretty sure he would play for a lot of 6A’s.  

2 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Yep, Mart made to many mistakes and Windthorst made the most of them. I think Mart was surprised at how physical Windthorst was. 

The physicality of Windthorst was the biggest surprise for me.  They were not scared one bit.  Gutsy drive to win it and great play call on the 2 point conversion.  We will see this game on replay in years to come.  Congrats!

• Like 3
Just now, PantherNation2015 said:

The physicality of Windthorst was the biggest surprise for me.  They were not scared one bit.  Gutsy drive to win it and great play call on the 2 point conversion.  We will see this game on replay in years to come.  Congrats!

Yeah they brought it to Mart and I think it caught Mart off guard. They were used to man handling all of their opponents. 

• Like 1

Windthorst kicker should go thank whoever was offside by Mart on that missed fg. It got him off the hook. lol 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Crawford said:

Windthorst kicker should go thank whoever was offside by Mart on that missed fg. It got him off the hook. lol 

Think there were two that jumped. Crazy how these things go.

4 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I would have given that kicker the defensive mvp.  He had two fumble recoveries and about 10 tackles.  He was also the center and the punter.  😂

• Like 1
Just now, regaleagle said:

the smart play would have been to not contest the extra point and try to win it in OT.

Nope.  That Windthorst coach knew he would not win it in OT against Freeman.  He had Mart on the ropes after a 75 yard drive.  They came to win and that’s what they did.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I would have given that kicker the defensive mvp.  He had two fumble recoveries and about 10 tackles.  He was also the center and the punter.  😂

He did get Defensive MVP

1 minute ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Dude was scrappy 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Nope.  That Windthorst coach knew he would not win it in OT against Freeman.  He had Mart on the ropes after a 75 yard drive.  They came to win and that’s what they did.

I meant the smart play for Mart on the extra point attempt.  Just let them kick it and make it or miss it, then play for the win in OT.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Yeah, but unfortunately, if that missed fg would have been the final play for Windthorst, that would be the only thing folks would've talked about. But with that said, I'm glad it turned out the way it did.

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

Marts qb’s dad won a state tile at Mexia in 1989. Talented family. 

Coach didn’t let him run the ball enough tonight in my opinion