Rains AD HD FB

Coach0001

• 1 month later...

Could be a good job.. Good kids that work hard. May not win state in football but be very coachable. Wonder if they go with a an old school offense guy like when they had success With Little and Smith.  Or, stay the course and get a spread power rpo guy, Will be interesting. 

20 hours ago, Slickarick said:

Could be a good job.. Good kids that work hard. May not win state in football but be very coachable. Wonder if they go with a an old school offense guy like when they had success With Little and Smith.  Or, stay the course and get a spread power rpo guy, Will be interesting. 

I agree...great facilities, hard working kids and great location if you are a fisherman!!! What more can you ask for?!!!! It's about the most appealing job in the area now that LO has imploded and most of the other schools are average, at best, around them.

9 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

I agree...great facilities, hard working kids and great location if you are a fisherman!!! What more can you ask for?!!!! It's about the most appealing job in the area now that LO has imploded and most of the other schools are average, at best, around them.

Most appealing job in the county! 🤣

I'm curious to see what direction they go. Will they look for hungry up and coming Coordinator looking for his 1st Head gig or will they go after a safe experienced choice? There a few head coaches in the general area at smaller school that I think would do a great job at a place like this. Just don't know how many would be interested in leaving their current situation.

5 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

Wonder if a 4A assistant at a Tyler area school might be interested in moving back to his home area?? Don't have a clue if he would be interested just know he's a good guy and good coach...and from that area...

If it's who I'm thinking of he has head coaching experience too

1 hour ago, Slickarick said:

One Connot know if he would be interested. Success at struggling programs and built a winning culture at both schools. Would love to know the list they already have. 

We haven't had a lot of success against him until this year. I think he is a great coach and would do a great job but IDK if he is interested in leaving the swamp.

22 hours ago, supermaroon said:

We haven't had a lot of success against him until this year. I think he is a great coach and would do a great job but IDK if he is interested in leaving the swamp.

I had heard before Briles went to MV that this Rebel had been a potential candidate at MV, hadn't heard much about that opening either.  He has had quite a bit of talent graduate in the last few years.