5A Division I Region II Semi-Finals: Longview vs Denton Ryan

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (9-2) vs Denton Ryan Raiders (11-0)  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Denton Ryan in a close one
    • Denton Ryan in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/26/2020 at 08:00 PM

2 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

How do you get tickets???

Tickets go on sale Monday, also on sale Tuesday, at the Lobo Athletic Office.

Tickets will also be sold at the gate. Highly doubt we sell out again this week. 

We did have a nice crowd on Friday though. Imagine it will pick up a bit this week. 

6 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Tickets go on sale Monday, also on sale Tuesday, at the Lobo Athletic Office.

Tickets will also be sold at the gate. Highly doubt we sell out again this week. 

We did have a nice crowd on Friday though. Imagine it will pick up a bit this week. 

I was expecting the famous lobo horn at the game was it not allowed mesquite memorial stadium

On 12/19/2020 at 7:49 AM, in10sz said:

Every game from here on in is like a ‘Final’...just in R2.  I’ve never seen a Region so packed as this one is. No disrespect to R1, 3, or 4, but the ‘survivor’ of R2 should win it all. This game will test LV’s D secondary to the max...LV will have to shorten this game by sustaining drives. It will be tough, but I think a W is possible.

Go Lobos!!

Even though I agree somewhat, District 3-5A has 3 teams left that are pretty salty. Colleyville Heritage, Red Oak and Summit. Then there’s Lubbock Coronado who scores in buckets. Coronado May be he best of Region 1 but 3 teams from one District is impressive. Heritage is 8-0:and Coronado is 12-0.

51 minutes ago, randomuser said:

Even though I agree somewhat, District 3-5A has 3 teams left that are pretty salty. Colleyville Heritage, Red Oak and Summit. Then there’s Lubbock Coronado who scores in buckets. Coronado May be he best of Region 1 but 3 teams from one District is impressive. Heritage is 8-0:and Coronado is 12-0.

I still believe after all the smoke clears...Red Oak comes out on top in that region. It looks like Summit has finally arrived. I had them as a top 15 5AD1 team coming into the season and earlier in the year...I looked stupid for saying that. But that win over Tascosa yesterday was big for them. 

2 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Damn. I guess cause they are so close to the neighborhoods 

They are just 💩 heads. No bags allowed in either. If you have any stuff, it has to be carried in by hand. They don't even allow clear bags like every stadium in Texas.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

They are just 💩 heads. No bags allowed in either. If you have any stuff, it has to be carried in by hand. They don't even allow clear bags like every stadium in Texas.

LOL! I've been hearing Wildman (Our Train Horn Man) say that for a few years!

1 hour ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

🥴🥴 that’s crazy LOL. That doesn’t make sense what are they really scared of? They acting like we at the airport or something or they must want us to buy that corn dog basket with a drink 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• LOL! 1

Going to need a near perfect game, no turnovers, no penalties, etc. And even then, it may not be enough. Ryan is REALLY good. I picked them at the start of the season to be in the championship game. They’ve been my pick to win it since about midway through the season. 

I hope I’m wrong, and we pull it out. Go Lobos! 

• Like 1

Ryan is very good, but they’re not unbeatable the way some are trying to make them out to be.

It was a one score game in the Lone Star game in the 4th. It finished a one score game between Guyer and Ryan.

They’re good but man, everyone is making them out to be absolutely unbeatable.

16 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Ryan is very good, but they’re not unbeatable the way some are trying to make them out to be.

It was a one score game in the Lone Star game in the 4th. It finished a one score game between Guyer and Ryan.

We aren't those teams either they ain't played em bos yet we are hungry and their in the way for rematch with hp 

20 hours ago, dfwfootballfan said:

One of the coolest posts I've read on Smoaky.com since joining many, many years ago. Not the typical East Texas chest thumping, but real, objective insight...I love it. Good luck Lobos! 

That's actually standard operating procedure for him. 

• LOL! 2

9 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I was expecting the famous lobo horn at the game was it not allowed mesquite memorial stadium

Well, Lancaster seemed to have some sort of loud @** horn when they scored. Of course, I am having to listen to it via our radio station.  *Sighs*

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quick said:

Well, Lancaster seemed to have some sort of loud @** horn when they scored. Of course, I am having to listen to it via our radio station.  *Sighs*

That wasn’t a horn, that was their band lol literally half the time just out there blowing wind in their instruments

• LOL! 2

7 hours ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

What’s wrong with a stadium having their own rules?

8 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

So you feel more confident about this game than the Lancaster game?? Cause Lancaster  is no where near the level of Ryan. You feel Lancaster is better than Ryan? I’m just trying to make sure I’m reading this right.  

5 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

What’s wrong with a stadium having their own rules?

They are more than welcome to have rules.  We have rules, also. Those rules do not need to inflict unnecessary trauma to the teams playing in said stadium, though. Every single person that walked up to the gate had to turn around and empty bags with blankets and slickers and carry them in by hand. It was too inconvenient. That was the purpose of the clear bag policy. So you could see inside of it. I do not know who they thought they were protecting. Everyone of us could have had a knife or gun in our pockets, that were NOT checked. No metal detector to walk through. But that danged ol clear bag with a blanket was a federal offense. 

For example: Not everyone has pockets for keys, wallet or even an extra mask in case you bust the 1st one. 

So yes, everyone is allowed rules, but I can also complain about said rules when it inconveniences me and the masses.

Go Lobos!

• Thanks 1