5A Division I Region II Semi-Finals: Longview vs Denton Ryan

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (9-2) vs Denton Ryan Raiders (11-0)  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Denton Ryan in a close one
    • Denton Ryan in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/26/2020 at 08:00 PM

3 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

I thought you asked Lufkin and John Tyler not Lancaster and John Tyler. But go off 

Point is....you said Lancaster is no different from Lufkin.

But you admit Tyler High has been more successful than Lufkin.

Well....Lancaster has been more successful than JT as shown above....so how are they no different from Lufkin?

8 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Point is....you said Lancaster is no different from Lufkin.

But you admit Tyler High has been more successful than Lufkin.

Well....Lancaster has been more successful than JT as shown above....so how are they no different from Lufkin?

Just saying man. Nobody thinks about Lancaster when they think of dominating programs. Longview is in that category. Lancaster is not. Lufkin is not. John Tyler is not. Y’all didn’t blow out world beaters last week. It was a solid win. Congratulations. But HP, Denton Ryan, and probably even Lone star would’ve beaten Lancaster by 2+ scores. Me and a JT fan predicted a blowout before it happened. Nothing they done looked impressive. HP beats some of those Dallas ISD schools in the past by less than Lancaster does lol. They flex on those schools and make themselves look like a state contender. Like I said, solid win, but they weren’t a serious threat. 

They are a track and field school. Plain and simple. Their football trophy case doesn’t look much better than ours 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

What's Longview's record vs DFW area teams how many times have we lost to one in playoffs over other area teams 

Losses...
1924 - Highland Park, 1931 - Rockwall, 1934 - Greenville, 1967 - Richardson, 1972 - Plano, 1974 - Plano, 1976 - Sherman, 1980 - Plano, 1986 - Plano, 1991 - Dallas Carter, 2001 - Allen, 2003 - South Garland, 2005 - South Garland, 2006 - Garland, 2010 - Denton Guyer, 2014 - Mansfield Lake Ridge, 2015 - Mansfield Lake Ridge, 2019 - Dallas Jesuit

Overall, 35-18 against Metroplex squads. Funny enough, we didn't pick up our first playoff victory over a Metroplex team until 1975.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LoboFan07 said:

Losses...
1924 - Highland Park, 1931 - Rockwall, 1934 - Greenville, 1967 - Richardson, 1972 - Plano, 1974 - Plano, 1976 - Sherman, 1980 - Plano, 1986 - Plano, 1991 - Dallas Carter, 2001 - Allen, 2003 - South Garland, 2005 - South Garland, 2006 - Garland, 2010 - Denton Guyer, 2014 - Mansfield Lake Ridge, 2015 - Mansfield Lake Ridge, 2019 - Dallas Jesuit

Overall, 35-18 against Metroplex squads. Funny enough, we didn't pick up our first playoff victory over a Metroplex team until 1975.

The stat god has spoken 🙌🏻

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

I dont like OU but I cant lie....he'd look amazing in that Riley offense and their WRs tend to find success in the league.

Like you said though....Riley is weird when it comes to ETX lately. He came to the Lobo den a few times to watch Haynes but never pulled the trigger.

Love my Longhorns but they're too out of wack...dont want them wasting his talents. Hoping Goram-Welch finds success there.

Yeah, it's something I really don't understand or tolerate. Bob's people always managed to find plenty of talent in East Texas, especially from around Longview. Whatever is the source of the disconnect, Riley needs to get it fixed. There's waaaay too many skilled (and overlooked!) kids in this region. There is absolute no reason to concede it to UT/A&M or anyone else. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

Will we finally get respect from dfw media if we win it Saturday? Doubt it get some excuse 

Nah...  outside of a few DFW guys who cover a lot of 9-0-3 games, there's always gonna be a Metroplex bias. Just comes with the territory. 

I dont get the lack of respect angle at all......because some have the audacity to pick Longview to lose to the consensus #1 team in the state all of a sudden there's no respect? I'd say among the metroplex folks Longview has more respect than most out of area teams...this is literally the first time I've picked against them this year lol

4 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

I dont get the lack of respect angle at all......because some have the audacity to pick Longview to lose to the consensus #1 team in the state all of a sudden there's no respect?

Has nothing to do with anyone picking against us. It has to do with the margin of victory that everyone seems to think.

If Highland Park were in our shoes and facing Ryan this week, would y'all pick them to lose by three scores? Of course not.

• Like 1

Has nothing to do with anyone picking against us. It has to do with the margin of victory that everyone seems to think.

If Highland Park were in our shoes and facing Ryan this week, would y'all pick them to lose by three scores? Of course not.

No I'd pick them to lose by two scores...because I think Highland Park is about a score better than Longview

Exactly. I bet lanscaster would be closer score and they had y’all losing to them LOL 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

On 12/21/2020 at 1:40 PM, BulldogBacker12 said:

One player that I was really impressed with last year from that state title game was DJ Arkansas. He played a hell of a game. There was a lot of hype around Bowman and the 2 Sanders kids, but I thought Arkansas was one of the best players on the field that night. He is back this year. Signed with Rice.

Arkansas is a dog.

But that dang Billy Bowman....we MUST contain him. To me, he is the engine that makes that offense go. That dude can flat out play.

And his dad is on the coaching staff too? The QB Henigan's dad is the HC?! Man I hate dealing with coaches sons...its almost like they have no choice but to succeed.

Defense better be ready.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Tep and DMN had us losing. You had us winning by 2. Yep.

exactly thought ya'll would win the game....didnt think ya'll would blow em out but thats credit to Longview..but I was on the record picking Longview....so it wasnt an all encompassing "they" 

• LOL! 1

Just now, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Bold move I like that. Not saying Longview doesn’t have a legitimate shot but Ryan is #1.

Just to clarify I picked Ryan....by 16...but I picked Longview to beat Lancaster last week...as evidenced in the link...