5A Division I Region II Semi-Finals: Longview vs Denton Ryan

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (9-2) vs Denton Ryan Raiders (11-0)  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Denton Ryan in a close one
    • Denton Ryan in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/26/2020 at 08:00 PM

On 12/23/2020 at 2:47 PM, MattStepp said:

I dont get the lack of respect angle at all......because some have the audacity to pick Longview to lose to the consensus #1 team in the state all of a sudden there's no respect? I'd say among the metroplex folks Longview has more respect than most out of area teams...this is literally the first time I've picked against them this year lol

Man, we are primarily talking about the lack of respect as far as coverage goes and that includes your boys at FoxSportsSW and the Dallas Morning News. If, we had've lost to Lancaster, y'all would STILL be talking about it today. When we bowed out to Dallas Jesuit unexpectedly last year in the 2nd round, we couldn't stop y'all from posting all types of highlights, commentary news articles both in the newspapers and online. 

All we are saying is this, bring that SAME damn energy you had last year when we lost to Jesuit IF we beat one of your beloved Metroplex area schools especially when we are in the same district with them. Y'all will talk, talk, talk all week and year long about certain area schools who appear to be head and shoulders above anyone as far as talent goes and then for some odd reason when Longview ends up busting y'alls favorites butt, y'alls microphones stop working, you get carpal tunnel syndrome when it's time to write an article where we come out victorious and your local TV affiliates act as if football season was never here to begin with. 

1 hour ago, Quick said:

Man, we are primarily talking about the lack of respect as far as coverage goes and that includes your boys at FoxSportsSW and the Dallas Morning News. If, we had've lost to Lancaster, y'all would STILL be talking about it today. When we bowed out to Dallas Jesuit unexpectedly last year in the 2nd round, we couldn't stop y'all from posting all types of highlights, commentary news articles both in the newspapers and online. 

All we are saying is this, bring that SAME damn energy you had last year when we lost to Jesuit IF we beat one of your beloved Metroplex area schools especially when we are in the same district with them. Y'all will talk, talk, talk all week and year long about certain area schools who appear to be head and shoulders above anyone as far as talent goes and then for some odd reason when Longview ends up busting y'alls favorites butt, y'alls microphones stop working, you get carpal tunnel syndrome when it's time to write an article where we come out victorious and your local TV affiliates act as if football season was never here to begin with. 

The less I hear Tepper or Stepp talk the better....

50 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

You should hear them about Arygle over Carthage that routinely wins the State championship. Obvious bias and this is coming from a fan who doesn’t care for them lol.

Like I have told people DCTF knows where their cash flow comes from which is the DFW. It’s a business I understand you gotta get paid damn some stuff is blasphemous on some of their predictions or rankings LOL. A lot of DFW bias

• Thanks 2

After having lanscaster as top 3 team in state told me all I need to know about DCTF, strength of schedule doesn’t matter LOL. If you can put up 80 a game on some of the WORST teams in Texas every year then you are a top 3 team in the state in their eyes 😂😂😂. Let Longview Tyler or Lufkin play that schedule Lancaster played and bet you every single one of them would be all up our neck about how we ain’t played nobody!! But if it’s Lancaster or any other DFW teams plays that schedule then it’s considered straight domination lmao 😂😂😂. @Quick

• LOL! 2

11 hours ago, Quick said:

If you see that from the statewide outlets you have a great points, but you can't expect the DMN to talk about Longview much...they dont cover Longview and will pander to their subscriber base. Just like the LNJ or any other local outlet, I can't speak for FSSW as I dont work there but we talk about Longview plenty at DCTF and you can guarantee that if Longview beats Ryan tomorrow they'll get much deserved credit....

9 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Like I have told people DCTF knows where their cash flow comes from which is the DFW. It’s a business I understand you gotta get paid damn some stuff is blasphemous on some of their predictions or rankings LOL. A lot of DFW bias

I dont think you understand our business model very well if you think our cash flow comes just from DFW lol 

Yes we are based in DFW, but I know both Tepper and I make it a point to ensure the state is covered and I think we do a good job at it. Was Lancaster mis-ranked?? Absolutely....thats a miss and I personally had concerns about Lancaster being ranked so high...but it was a miss, nothing more, nothing less

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

You should hear them about Arygle over Carthage that routinely wins the State championship. Obvious bias and this is coming from a fan who doesn’t care for them lol.

Where have you heard us at DCTF say that?? Tepper and I both have been getting the business from Argyle people all week because we both were asked who we thought would win an Argyle/Carthage game and we both said Carthage lol 

Just now, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Was talking previously years. This is no denying this. I don’t even like Carthage and I noticed it.

There may have been a year or two we had Argyle ranked above Carthage early on etc and I'm sure you can cherry pick a time or two here and there...but thats probably more of a product of a slower start from Carthage in that year and Argyle being really sharp early (which they tend to be)...early season rankings are always super fluid....

Considering Argyle's post-season success matched up with Carthage's, it's foolish to think those years we've placed Argyle above Carthage or talked about them more...just seems like people remember their perceived slights much more, which is probably more human nature than anything else

• Like 2

Reminder on ways to follow tomorrow's game....

Longview radio - 106.5 JACK FM

Denton Ryan radio - 88.1 FM KNTU (If Ryan has a broadcast, it'll be on this one)

Radio - TexasSportsProductions.com

Dallas/Fort Worth - CW33.com or CW33 on TV (Only if you're in the Metroplex)

East Texas - KETK.com or KTPN (Only if you're in East Texas)

Outside of DFW/East Texas - TexanLive OR NFHSNetwork

2 hours ago, MattStepp said:

I dont think you understand our business model very well if you think our cash flow comes just from DFW lol 

Yes we are based in DFW, but I know both Tepper and I make it a point to ensure the state is covered and I think we do a good job at it. Was Lancaster mis-ranked?? Absolutely....thats a miss and I personally had concerns about Lancaster being ranked so high...but it was a miss, nothing more, nothing less

Not that your cash flow comes from there but it’s your biggest market and you can’t deny that. Houston is big for you, east Texas and west Texas  don’t bring much in for you as much as those places, so you are gonna plaster your big market teams more just like the NBA and NFL would, it’s purposely done because they are your money makers. But like I said I respect your work, but trust me I understand that everyone has someone to answer to someone unless you are the owner. So we all to cater to someone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Where have you heard us at DCTF say that?? Tepper and I both have been getting the business from Argyle people all week because we both were asked who we thought would win an Argyle/Carthage game and we both said Carthage lol 

Mr. Chad Elsey is silly, how in the world could anyone with an objective eye and honest assessment of the teams ever believe Argyle would beat Carthage by two touchdowns this season? Hilarious.

• Like 1