5A Division I Region II Semi-Finals: Longview vs Denton Ryan

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (9-2) vs Denton Ryan Raiders (11-0)  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Denton Ryan in a close one
    • Denton Ryan in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/26/2020 at 08:00 PM

1 minute ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

See, he could have went to Guyer or Arglyle. It's something we all have to deal with until the UIL gets off their behinds and goes to work for a change.

I'm not sure what you'd like to change....there's loopholes to the rule for sure but w/o getting into the kid's personal life too much his guardian took custody of him legally (with the state) and is a teacher at Ryan HS....it is what it is...

5 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

3rd different high school he has been to. Ruled ineligible last year and had to play in the jv. 

I don't really stress out about that stuff but its weird as heck how he was ruled ineligible for Skyline, but eligible for Ryan.

Wonder what the difference was. 

1 minute ago, ANTI said:

I don't really stress out about that stuff but its weird as heck how he was ruled ineligible for Skyline, but eligible for Ryan.

Wonder what the difference was. 

His paperwork with the state was still being processed is my understanding....since his was still in the eyes of the state under the custody of his mother, he wasn't eligible as his mother still resided in another ISD

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

I'm not sure what you'd like to change....there's loopholes to the rule for sure but w/o getting into the kid's personal life too much his guardian took custody of him legally (with the state) and is a teacher at Ryan HS....it is what it is...

I know there's exception's to the rule. But there's to much recruiting going on in this state. And you know it Matt.

1 minute ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

UIL to get off their tails and investigate. They are some of the laziest people around. That goes for ALL sports.

The UIL can't investigate every single transfer, thats what the DECs are for (local control)...but DECs are made up of school administrators, so do you want your tax dollars going to hire private investigators that work for ISD's to personally go out and investigate every transfer that happens?? I know I dont....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Congrats on getting your pick correct. 

Still think we’re one of the top teams in this Class, even if it did end by 18 points. 

Ah, is what it is. We’ll be back.

• Like 1

Just now, LoboFan07 said:

Congrats on getting your pick correct. 

Still think we’re one of the top teams in this Class, even if it did end by 18 points. 

Ah, is what it is. We’ll be back.

sometimes I get a few right....just never got the disrespect angle that was being presented....Ryan was simply a better team

2 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

sometimes I get a few right....just never got the disrespect angle that was being presented....Ryan was simply a better team

Mine was more the 28 points (Diggs pick, not yours) and not having a chance at all.

Dropped interception by Longview that turned into points at the end of the half for Ryan completely changed the game, imo.

Lobos go into half winning instead of down 6, who knows. But ifs ands & buts don’t matter after that second half performance.

You’re right. Ryan is the better team. No doubt about it. 

4 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

The UIL can't investigate every single transfer, thats what the DECs are for (local control)...but DECs are made up of school administrators, so do you want your tax dollars going to hire private investigators that work for ISD's to personally go out and investigate every transfer that happens?? I know I dont....

Your right. I say get with the program if your a coach. "If you can't beat them join them!"

Just now, LoboFan07 said:

Mine was more the 28 points (Diggs pick, not yours) and not having a chance at all.

Dropped interception by Longview that turned into points at the end of the half completely changed the game, imo.

Lobos go into half winning instead of down 6, who knows. But ifs ands & buts don’t matter after that second half performance.

You’re right. Ryan is the better team. No doubt about it. 

It's Ryan's to lose. The pressure is on them.

39 minutes ago, ANTI said:

No...

We're losing a lot of defensive firepower....could see nearly 20 sophomores on varsity next year so there will be plenty of youth... BUT we'll be in the hunt as usual.

2022 is a completely different story though. 

I think so about next year...

Longview always looks so "scrimmage playbook" everytime I watch them. Even with the amount of games we win every year the offense still is very predictable and stopable if the other team has the horses and the balls to mix it up with us. Only time the playbook was open was '18 and '19. King is a awesome coach and a motivator but he is very stubborn. Sometimes we just can't impose Lobo will on everybody. A little finesse is sometimes needed. 

Looking for 2 ships b4 the GOAT leaves...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gtee2 said:

I think so about next year...

Longview always looks so "scrimmage playbook" everytime I watch them. Even with the amount of games we win every year the offense still is very predictable and stopable if the other team has the horses and the balls to mix it up with us. Only time the playbook was open was '18 and '19. King is a awesome coach and a motivator but he is very stubborn. Sometimes we just can't impose Lobo will on everybody. A little finesse is sometimes needed. 

Looking for 2 ships b4 the GOAT leaves...

I'll say this...next year...the offense will not be the problem at all. The O will be damn good even with us losing Haynes and the programs' top scorer ever Kaden Meredith.

Just a lot of firepower we're losing defensively. I mean I'm not worried about the front 7 at all. They'll be good again and for years to come but the secondary is a ? 

I know we have youth (sophs and JRs next year) that will be very solid DBs long term but I have to see if they can overcome that youth as players.

Also losing both K/Ps so that'll be big to replace.

But 2022 for sure is a year you definitely up your expectations...2018 style.

Just now, DB2point0 said:

I said it when Longview beat themselves in the semis against guyer years back and I’ll say it again.  Longview needs a coach.  King can only win when he has superior athletes.  

You sound idiotic.

You don't win a state title with just talent...especially on the 6A level. 

One of the best coaches out there. Does he do bone head stuff? Yeah....lot of smart people out there that do dumb things but his resume speaks for itself.

6 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

How does Longview not have a decent qb every year?  Surely king has somebody he can coach up.  

I mean....some of the best programs in the state dont have an all world QB every single year.

Katy is prime example. Lake Travis was a bit down at the QB position this year....bunch of examples.

1 minute ago, ANTI said:

You sound idiotic.

You don't win a state title with just talent...especially on the 6A level. 

One of the best coaches out there. Does he do bone head stuff? Yeah....lot of smart people out there that do dumb things but his resume speaks for itself.

You sound like a moron.  Longview underachieves more than any program in east Texas annually.  And it’s usually because they’re out coached.  Continue to live in your bubble though where John King is the best ever.

• Thanks 2