5A Division I Region II Semi-Finals: Longview vs Denton Ryan

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (9-2) vs Denton Ryan Raiders (11-0)  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Denton Ryan in a close one
    • Denton Ryan in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/26/2020 at 08:00 PM

4 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

You sound like a moron.  Longview underachieves more than any program in east Texas annually.  And it’s usually because they’re out coached.  Continue to live in your bubble though where John King is the best ever.

Oh let me guess....Scott Surratt would've led this team to the ship this year and beat everyone including Ryan by 40+....am I right?

Broken record from you every year. Get out the pastures of Panola County and learn the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quick said:

I want to give a shout out to out Defensive Coordinator, John Berry today and this season overall. Brother, you done a phenomenal job and I seen the difference in your playcalling from the last time you were here. Keep up the good work.

Longview has a good defense every year.  He must be a phenomenal coach.  I just never understand how Longview can be so bland offensively so often

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ANTI said:

Oh let me guess....Scott Surratt would've led this team to the ship this year and beat everyone including Ryan by 40+....am I right?

Get out the pastures of Panola County and learn the game.

You're wasting your breath, bud. That guy was one of the ones who said Longview would never win state under King. But unlike other doubters, he won't admit that he was wrong when Longview DID win state. It is actually really hilarious. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

You're wasting your breath, bud. That guy was one of the ones who said Longview would never win state under King. But unlike other doubters, he won't admit that he was wrong. It is actually really hilarious. 

He opened up the offense and won one.  That’s fantastic!!  You should want another.  I also came back that year, ate crow and congratulated you personally too. You just failed to acknowledge it

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

You sound like a moron.  Longview underachieves more than any program in east Texas annually.  And it’s usually because they’re out coached.  Continue to live in your bubble though where John King is the best ever.

Your wrong, the underachieving title in East Texas belongs to Lufkin. We are quite consistent in that area.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 3

9 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

How many Longview games did you watch this year? 

Zero.

If he did....hed know that there isnt a team in ETX that runs the amount of formations and packages that Longview does.

He wants a sophomore QB who was on the freshmen B team last year to have the playbook opened for him similar to 2018 Longview. I mean my god, it was only the best QB in our programs' history running that offense.

I can't... 😂😂

• LOL! 2

1 minute ago, PackAttack said:

Your wrong, the underachieving title in East Texas belongs to Lufkin. We are quite consistent in that area.

Dont you get it?

Any year Longview doesnt win a title BOOM, underachieved. 

Still stuck on his comments about King though. 3 title games, 1 title in the highest classification....I mean a freakin 94-7 district record with an overall of 188-39 and the conversation is "Longview doesnt have a HC"?

😂😂

I mean he's not perfect, no coach is but good lord...😂😂

6 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Zero.

If he did....hed know that there isnt a team in ETX that runs the amount of formations and packages that Longview does.

He wants a sophomore QB who was on the freshmen B team last year to have the playbook opened for him similar to 2018 Longview. I mean my god, it was only the best QB in our programs' history running that offense.

I can't... 😂😂

you can put them in position to succeed instead of constantly running into the teeth of a team that is known for eating up the run.  NFHS is your friend.  I don’t have to go watch a game

• Stinks 1

1 minute ago, ANTI said:

Dont you get it?

Any year Longview doesnt win a title BOOM, underachieved. 

Still stuck on his comments about King though. 3 title games, 1 title in the highest classification....I mean a freakin 94-7 district record with an overall of 188-39 and the conversation is "Longview doesnt have a HC"?

😂😂

I mean he's not perfect, no coach is but good lord...😂😂

John King could have his choice of almost any head coaching job in Texas or Louisiana.  He is highly regarded in both of those States.   

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I mean, why not check your homie?

He knew what he was doing. Dude thinks Surratt is the only one in the state that can coach.

Well, he is truthfully just disappointed in the style of offense deployed by the Lobos.

He did accurately point out when King had his son at QB he trusted him enough to open the offense up and it paid off with a state championship, which I attended wearing dark green in support of the Lobos.

Gtee said some of the same things maybe a few pages up in this thread.

I do agree with you King is a good coach, and has been a very stable force for Longview for many years. King has a ton of wins, district championships and playoff wins over the years and a lot of boys have earned scholarships to play football in college all under King. 
I do agree with DB in that I wish King would be more aggressive or throw the ball more often in order to better capitalize on that strong rushing attack the Lobos have always possessed. 
King has shown the willingness to do that in the fairly recent past.

Speaking for myself, I want to see Longview win title after title and I believe the potential is there. I also believe with some tweaks offensively the Lobos can do that.

I wrote earlier this afternoon after the game I think Longview is not 18 points a lesser team than Denton Ryan. I believe even with the current QB the game can be played a little differently offensively and get to a better result.

• Thanks 1