5A Division I Region II Semi-Finals: Longview vs Denton Ryan

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (9-2) vs Denton Ryan Raiders (11-0)  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Denton Ryan in a close one
    • Denton Ryan in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/26/2020 at 08:00 PM

5 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

My apologies, I hate seeing these really talented east Texas teams get beat by teams they shouldn’t.  

This Longview team was talented, but no where near what Ryan was.

Was today winnable? Of course. But Ryan capitalized on our mistakes, because they’re a damn good football team. 

Our QB play has been our downfall all season. I’m not criticizing him, but we all knew we were waiting for our freshmen to get to varsity next year in that regard. It says everything that Jordan was the best option to go with this season. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Zero.

If he did....hed know that there isnt a team in ETX that runs the amount of formations and packages that Longview does.

He wants a sophomore QB who was on the freshmen B team last year to have the playbook opened for him similar to 2018 Longview. I mean my god, it was only the best QB in our programs' history running that offense.

I can't... 😂😂

I bet he watched today... That's what he does. Sees one game, crowns himself as the guru of football, and thinks he knows jack about our program.

And he doesn't. It's fun to watch him try, though.

There’s definitely some plays we could’ve and should’ve called. But you could tell King doesn’t trust Allen (or any QB for that matter) against the wind. And to be fair, one of Allen’s passes literally went forward then ended up going completely side ways with the wind.

Still think we should’ve thrown in some screens or continued throwing to Hale some. Just get SOME relief off of Haynes and Kaden.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

There’s definitely some plays we could’ve and should’ve called. But you could tell King doesn’t trust Allen (or any QB for that matter) against the wind. And to be fair, one of Allen’s passes literally went forward then ended up going completely side ways with the wind.

Still think we should’ve thrown in some screens or continued throwing to Hale some. Just get SOME relief off of Haynes and Kaden.

Yep. Said it early on. King, for better or worse, is scared to throw into the wind. Even with Haynes he was against Westfield. 

And yes, Ryan was pinning their ears back so a screen would've done well. As would've a draw or two. 

1 minute ago, LoboFan07 said:

Yeah I mean we all said it...

Hale was severely underutilized after that 1st quarter. I really didnt get it....they had no answer for him and even Bowman was getting burnt by Hale. A soph doing this to big time SR OU commit.

Man oh well, at least Hale now makes it over to a struggling basketball team that desperately needs him.

4 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

This is exactly what I am saying. You don’t have to go completely away from your identity and sling it around all game just enough to keep the defense honest and take some pressure off the run game. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Yeah I mean we all said it...

Hale was severely underutilized after that 1st quarter. I really didnt get it....they had no answer for him and even Bowman was getting burnt by Hale. A soph doing this to big time SR OU commit.

Man oh well, at least Hale now makes it over to a struggling basketball team that desperately needs him.

This too is what I am saying just as a fan watching today’s game. I also am of the opinion Hale is a better athlete than Bowman, straight up!

• Like 1

Just now, JohnnyFootball said:

You know what the wind was doing to passes, right?

Yes, I did understand it was super windy in Mesquite today, and I can say it can kill a passing game like it did Carthage’s in 2018 against Liberty Hill. So, to your point, if you’re going to throw it they need to be shorter more manageable throws for the QB.

I think a few rollouts and throwing a medium depth pass to Hale running a crossing route going the same way as the rollout of the QB would’ve been good. Just some short out routes and slants would be a good change of pace to help the rushing attack. 
When it comes to the running game I’d like to have seen Meredith get some opportunities outside the tackles and then throw some screens to him and even just some passes to him coming out of the backfield. Just try to get him into space, let him make one cut evading that first defender and then see what he can do. 
I just think there are lots of things Longview can do even when you don’t have a Haynes King at QB. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Yes, I did understand it was super windy in Mesquite today, and I can say it can kill a passing game like it did Carthage’s in 2018 against Liberty Hill. So, to your point, if you’re going to throw it they need to be shorter more manageable throws for the QB.

I think a few rollouts and throwing a medium depth pass to Hale running a crossing route going the same way as the rollout of the QB would’ve been good. Just some short out routes and slants would be a good change of pace to help the rushing attack. 
When it comes to the running game I’d like to have seen Meredith get some opportunities outside the tackles and then throw some screens to him and even just some passes to him coming out of the backfield. Just try to get him into space, let him make one cut evading that first defender and then see what he can do. 
I just think there are lots of things Longview can do even when you don’t have a Haynes King at QB. 

Bravo

• Stinks 1

58 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Zero.

If he did....hed know that there isnt a team in ETX that runs the amount of formations and packages that Longview does.

He wants a sophomore QB who was on the freshmen B team last year to have the playbook opened for him similar to 2018 Longview. I mean my god, it was only the best QB in our programs' history running that offense.

I can't... 😂😂

plus hk was around the program since was a baby time got to hs he knew the system top to bottom

Just now, Sportsfanatic1 said:

You "imply" on every thing you say in almost all threads that Surratt is your man hero. Now, prove me wrong?

Ha!! Surratt is definitely my man hero, but this afternoon and evening in all of my posts have I ever said anything about Carthage did X so Longview should’ve done the same. I have only said I would like to have seen Longview use the pass to keep the DR defense honest, that’s all.

Just now, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Ha!! Surratt is definitely my man hero, but this afternoon and evening in all of my posts have I ever said anything about Carthage did X so Longview should’ve done the same. I have only said I would like to have seen Longview use the pass to keep the DR defense honest, that’s all.

Okay, go pay his house payments and leave the Longview people alone.

• Like 1

Just now, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Okay, go pay his house payments and leave the Longview people alone.

You’re wild, that man does not need me to pay his mortgage! 🤣
I have only supported the Lobos and stated I want for them to win lots of state championships. Many of the Longview guys have agreed with what I’ve said. I have not been demeaning and only posted opinions about how I think the offense could be tweaked for improvement.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

You’re wild, that man does not need me to pay his mortgage! 🤣
I have only supported the Lobos and stated I want for them to win lots of state championships. Many of the Longview guys have agreed with what I’ve said. I have not been demeaning and only posted opinions about how I think the offense could be tweaked for improvement.

Okay. Email John King with your thoughts. The team plus the fan base just took a loss. It's not very smart to be telling how a couch potato should run the O. JMO

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Mine was more the 28 points (Diggs pick, not yours) and not having a chance at all.

Dropped interception by Longview that turned into points at the end of the half for Ryan completely changed the game, imo.

Lobos go into half winning instead of down 6, who knows. But ifs ands & buts don’t matter after that second half performance.

You’re right. Ryan is the better team. No doubt about it. 

That pick was a gift, I was in awww when he dropped it