Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

5A Division I Region II Semi-Finals: Longview vs Denton Ryan


Longview Lobos (9-2) vs Denton Ryan Raiders (11-0)  

48 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Denton Ryan in a close one
    • Denton Ryan in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/26/2020 at 08:00 PM

Recommended Posts

Just now, LoboFan07 said:

Mine was more the 28 points (Diggs pick, not yours) and not having a chance at all.

Dropped interception by Longview that turned into points at the end of the half completely changed the game, imo.

Lobos go into half winning instead of down 6, who knows. But ifs ands & buts don’t matter after that second half performance.

You’re right. Ryan is the better team. No doubt about it. 

It's Ryan's to lose. The pressure is on them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think Ryan gets the win. I seriously wonder how Carthage would Match up against both these teams? I know they’re smaller but damn Carthage was really good this year!

Not trying to post too much in your guys thread, I know I’m just a small school fan 😂😂😂. But I don’t have anybody to follow anymore now that Carthage is done. Not ready to be done with HSFB. So the Lo

Posted Images

Just now, Sportsfanatic1 said:

It's Ryan's to lose. The pressure is on them.

HP has a great chance to beat the team we saw today, imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ANTI said:

No...

We're losing a lot of defensive firepower....could see nearly 20 sophomores on varsity next year so there will be plenty of youth... BUT we'll be in the hunt as usual.

2022 is a completely different story though. 

I think so about next year...

Longview always looks so "scrimmage playbook" everytime I watch them. Even with the amount of games we win every year the offense still is very predictable and stopable if the other team has the horses and the balls to mix it up with us. Only time the playbook was open was '18 and '19. King is a awesome coach and a motivator but he is very stubborn. Sometimes we just can't impose Lobo will on everybody. A little finesse is sometimes needed. 

Looking for 2 ships b4 the GOAT leaves...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Lobos will be more than fine. You have to have a QB go do more in this class, and we don’t have one this year.

How does Longview not have a decent qb every year?  Surely king has somebody he can coach up.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gtee2 said:

I think so about next year...

Longview always looks so "scrimmage playbook" everytime I watch them. Even with the amount of games we win every year the offense still is very predictable and stopable if the other team has the horses and the balls to mix it up with us. Only time the playbook was open was '18 and '19. King is a awesome coach and a motivator but he is very stubborn. Sometimes we just can't impose Lobo will on everybody. A little finesse is sometimes needed. 

Looking for 2 ships b4 the GOAT leaves...

I'll say this...next year...the offense will not be the problem at all. The O will be damn good even with us losing Haynes and the programs' top scorer ever Kaden Meredith.

Just a lot of firepower we're losing defensively. I mean I'm not worried about the front 7 at all. They'll be good again and for years to come but the secondary is a ? 

I know we have youth (sophs and JRs next year) that will be very solid DBs long term but I have to see if they can overcome that youth as players.

Also losing both K/Ps so that'll be big to replace.

But 2022 for sure is a year you definitely up your expectations...2018 style.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DB2point0 said:

I said it when Longview beat themselves in the semis against guyer years back and I’ll say it again.  Longview needs a coach.  King can only win when he has superior athletes.  

You sound idiotic.

You don't win a state title with just talent...especially on the 6A level. 

One of the best coaches out there. Does he do bone head stuff? Yeah....lot of smart people out there that do dumb things but his resume speaks for itself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I said it when Longview beat themselves in the semis against guyer years back and I’ll say it again.  Longview needs a coach.  King can only win when he has superior athletes.  

Longview is just fine . Excellent program that exceeded expectations. Defense was superior . Not expecting some growing pains is ridiculous. Lobos will be outstanding in a couple of years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

How does Longview not have a decent qb every year?  Surely king has somebody he can coach up.  

I mean....some of the best programs in the state dont have an all world QB every single year.

Katy is prime example. Lake Travis was a bit down at the QB position this year....bunch of examples.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ANTI said:

You sound idiotic.

You don't win a state title with just talent...especially on the 6A level. 

One of the best coaches out there. Does he do bone head stuff? Yeah....lot of smart people out there that do dumb things but his resume speaks for itself.

I am getting out of here before the Carthage is better than Longview talk begins.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ANTI said:

You sound idiotic.

You don't win a state title with just talent...especially on the 6A level. 

One of the best coaches out there. Does he do bone head stuff? Yeah....lot of smart people out there that do dumb things but his resume speaks for itself.

You sound like a moron.  Longview underachieves more than any program in east Texas annually.  And it’s usually because they’re out coached.  Continue to live in your bubble though where John King is the best ever.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ANTI said:

I mean....some of the best programs in the state dont have an all world QB every single year.

Katy is prime example. Lake Travis was a bit down at the QB position this year....bunch of examples.

Serviceable would be good.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I am getting out of here before the Carthage is better than Longview talk begins.

I already know that's the dead end road he was headed down. He does it every year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

You sound like a moron.  Longview underachieves more than any program in east Texas annually.  And it’s usually because they’re out coached.  Continue to live in your bubble though where John King is the best ever.

Oh let me guess....Scott Surratt would've led this team to the ship this year and beat everyone including Ryan by 40+....am I right?

Broken record from you every year. Get out the pastures of Panola County and learn the game.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quick said:

I want to give a shout out to out Defensive Coordinator, John Berry today and this season overall. Brother, you done a phenomenal job and I seen the difference in your playcalling from the last time you were here. Keep up the good work.

Longview has a good defense every year.  He must be a phenomenal coach.  I just never understand how Longview can be so bland offensively so often

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ANTI said:

Oh let me guess....Scott Surratt would've led this team to the ship this year and beat everyone including Ryan by 40+....am I right?

Get out the pastures of Panola County and learn the game.

You're wasting your breath, bud. That guy was one of the ones who said Longview would never win state under King. But unlike other doubters, he won't admit that he was wrong when Longview DID win state. It is actually really hilarious. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ANTI said:

Oh let me guess....Scott Surratt would've led this team to the ship this year and beat everyone including Ryan by 40+....am I right?

Get out the pastures of Panola County and learn the game.

I know enough to call a vanilla offense what it is.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

You're wasting your breath, bud. That guy was one of the ones who said Longview would never win state under King. But unlike other doubters, he won't admit that he was wrong. It is actually really hilarious. 

He opened up the offense and won one.  That’s fantastic!!  You should want another.  I also came back that year, ate crow and congratulated you personally too. You just failed to acknowledge it

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...