5A Division I Region II Semi-Finals: Longview vs Denton Ryan

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (9-2) vs Denton Ryan Raiders (11-0)  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Denton Ryan in a close one
    • Denton Ryan in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/26/2020 at 08:00 PM

24 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

You’re wild, that man does not need me to pay his mortgage! 🤣
I have only supported the Lobos and stated I want for them to win lots of state championships. Many of the Longview guys have agreed with what I’ve said. I have not been demeaning and only posted opinions about how I think the offense could be tweaked for improvement.

I even congratulated them on their title.  Was glad to see another east Texas team bring one back.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

You're wasting your breath, bud. That guy was one of the ones who said Longview would never win state under King. But unlike other doubters, he won't admit that he was wrong when Longview DID win state. It is actually really hilarious. 

Naw. That was me that said that regarding John King and I wholeheartedly own that. But, did we not have a loaded team in 2018?

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

I even congratulated them on their title.  Was glad to see another east Texas team bring one back.  

Biggest Lobo hater on the board....why in the hell would any of us accept any type of congrats from the likes of you? 

Keep it movin'. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Quick said:

Naw. That was me that said that regarding John King and I wholeheartedly own that. But, did we not have a loaded team in 2018?

Quick, my brotha. I cannot stress this enough, especially in football.

Talent is only a piece of what you need in order to win it all. You cannot win a state championship, especially in 6A, with bad coaching. You just cant. In basketball, you can stack your team to a ship ..we see it all the time in the NBA but in football....its not that simple.

I don't care whats on the team...I mean that '97 team was loaded...why didnt they win it all?

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

Talent is only a piece of what you need in order to win it all. You cannot win a state championship, especially in 6A, with bad coaching. You just cant. In basketball, you can stack your team to a ship ..we see it all the time in the NBA but in football....its not that simple.

I don't care whats on the team...I mean that '97 team was loaded...why didnt they win it all?

Man, don't get me started. But, I will. The week of the Katy state title game Coach Bero changed ALL of our plays - gutted. That is the truth if it's never been told.

5 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

He opened up the offense and won one.  That’s fantastic!!  You should want another.  I also came back that year, ate crow and congratulated you personally too. You just failed to acknowledge it

I haven’t read past page 17 but there’s an idiot every year that their team doesn’t win state and it’s the coaches fault. John King is a hail of a coach and the db in your moniker has to stand for #### bag. Come on man, Ryan was better.

• Thanks 1

Even though I hate reading comments bashing coach King ,he knows that comes with being the head ball coach. And I just wonder how much football people who have the answers know and what exactly their back ground in football is beside playing 2nd team oline. The people (fans) that I’ve known that questioned the coaches were usually backups in HS but have all the answers because they “played” HS football. And say ole db point 1/2, what’s your highest level of playing football and expertise? Beyond  being a back up or probably played college ball at Oklahoma Panhandle State to question a guy that’s won 200 games in HS? 

But as I said that comes with being a coach,  but what really burns my sphincter muscle is grown men coming on here jabbing at a 16 year old “kid” that happens to be the QB of the Lobos. For jabbing at him I wish his dad would find you on Birdsong or 80 and beat your brains in. For the record, I have zero ties to Longview but year after year I read the same #### on here about King and his kids. You folks are straight up COWARDS!!

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

True

Why didn't 2004/2005 win it all? Those two teams were loaded with future NFL players 

• Like 1

My opinion on the game is as followed, this game was definitely winnable for lobos had they not kept killing themselves, 7-7 almost half when lobos gave up a long TD on 3rd or 4th and long, they had momentum in first half stopping DR on 4th down and short inside the 10.... #8 was not used enough and when he was he was making DR pay on a few plays... lobos O got shut down second half and kept punting from their goal line giving DR Excellent field position, and even then lobos made em earn what they got.... #1 for DR is a helluva athlete all over the field... im rooting for lobos to get better this off-season and give em a run for the money again next year... #BEASTTEXAS ✌

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, randomuser said:

Even though I hate reading comments bashing coach King ,he knows that comes with being the head ball coach. And I just wonder how much football people who have the answers know and what exactly their back ground in football is beside playing 2nd team oline. The people (fans) that I’ve known that questioned the coaches were usually backups in HS but have all the answers because they “played” HS football. And say ole db point 1/2, what’s your highest level of playing football and expertise? Beyond  being a back up or probably played college ball at Oklahoma Panhandle State to question a guy that’s won 200 games in HS? 

But as I said that comes with being a coach,  but what really burns my sphincter muscle is grown men coming on here jabbing at a 16 year old “kid” that happens to be the QB of the Lobos. For jabbing at him I wish his dad would find you on Birdsong or 80 and beat your brains in. For the record, I have zero ties to Longview but year after year I read the same #### on here about King and his kids. You folks are straight up COWARDS!!

Where’d I ever say anything negative about the kid?  I didn’t, so get done preparation H for your sphincter and cool it down.  Matter of fact, I said it’s on the coach to put them in position to succeed.  And I’ve mentioned my thoughts about King many times, not just after games.  That’s just when it burns you guys up the most.  Just because somebody has a differing opinion doesn’t make them dumb or a coward.  I guess the random in your name stands for random DA?

8 hours ago, JETT said:

My opinion on the game is as followed, this game was definitely winnable for lobos had they not kept killing themselves, 7-7 almost half when lobos gave up a long TD on 3rd or 4th and long, they had momentum in first half stopping DR on 4th down and short inside the 10.... #8 was not used enough and when he was he was making DR pay on a few plays... lobos O got shut down second half and kept punting from their goal line giving DR Excellent field position, and even then lobos made em earn what they got.... #1 for DR is a helluva athlete all over the field... im rooting for lobos to get better this off-season and give em a run for the money again next year... #BEASTTEXAS ✌

Listen Jett, you’re not allowed to question the lobos staff on how they use personnel or play calling.  That automatically makes you a dumass or a hater that doesn’t know football.  And besides you come from lil ole Winona, you can’t know much about football.  If you want to know football, you have to watch Longview every week to increase your knowledge of the game so then you’re not questioning the great King.  Then and only then will you know anything and be accepted by the likes of lobo fans on sdc

15 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

You sound like a moron.  Longview underachieves more than any program in east Texas annually.  And it’s usually because they’re out coached.  Continue to live in your bubble though where John King is the best ever.

You must ain’t seen Tyler high then bruh. Look at Holmes then you will second guess about King, I’ll take king any day!

5 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

You must ain’t seen Tyler high then bruh. 

He's seen nothing outside of Carthage.

He has no clue what its like to play a lot of the teams we do.

Denton Ryan aint Salado or Rusk. And apparently losing to them is underachieving.

King has to literally win a title every single year or he aint a good coach. 

These boards give to many of these casuals a platform to talk football.

40 minutes ago, ANTI said:

He's seen nothing outside of Carthage.

He has no clue what its like to play a lot of the teams we do.

Denton Ryan aint Salado or Rusk. And apparently losing to them is underachieving.

King has to literally win a title every single year or he aint a good coach. 

These boards give to many of these casuals a platform to talk football.

Lol you have no idea about me.  I watch teams all over.  I’ve driven to Ford field to watch your lobos, as well as mesquite.  I’ve driven to Waco to see them also.  I keep up with east Texas football.  Every time I’ve seen the lobos lose in person, it wasn’t due to being outplayed, it was due to being out coached.  Stupid decisions.  It’s the program in east Texas everybody scratches their head over. 

• Stinks 1

9 hours ago, JETT said:

Pretty much sums it up.

Longview's run defense was once again fantastic. Another sub 75 yard day for the opposing team. That's a streak of 6 games in a row to end the season, with the top 3 ranked teams in the state in that run.

The interception drop, then Ryan scoring on 4th and 9 really changed the course of the entire game. Day after I still believe that.

Longview was going against the wind the entire third quarter and Denton Ryan took advantage of it.

Ryan is as good as they were advertised. Ryan loses an extremely excellent class, so will be interesting to see how it goes for them next year. Doubt it is much of a drop off. Highland Park will be just as good as usual next year. Lobos will be fine, but I really think we need to start the Tutt era at QB.

Hopefully he's able to win out and let the three year reign begin. Getting Hale more involved will be extremely important. You saw with Ryan what their best player did. LITERALLY EVERYTHING. We never once attempted to line Hale up in the wildcat this year. We never once attempted to run a sweep with Hale. Just offensively, it has to be better.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Pretty much sums it up.

Longview's run defense was once again fantastic. Another sub 75 yard day for the opposing team. That's a streak of 6 games in a row to end the season, with the top 3 ranked teams in the state in that run.

The interception drop, then Ryan scoring on 4th and 9 really changed the course of the entire game. Day after I still believe that.

Longview was going against the wind the entire third quarter and Denton Ryan took advantage of it.

Ryan is as good as they were advertised. Ryan loses an extremely excellent class, so will be interesting to see how it goes for them next year. Doubt it is much of a drop off. Highland Park will be just as good as usual next year. Lobos will be fine, but I really think we need to start the Tutt era at QB.

Hopefully he's able to win out and let the three year reign begin. Getting Hale more involved will be extremely important. You saw with Ryan what their best player did. LITERALLY EVERYTHING. We never once attempted to line Hale up in the wildcat this year. We never once attempted to run a sweep with Hale. Just offensively, it has to be better.

Hale should have seen time on defense this week too. Should have been traveling with Sanders at least 70% of the game but nope.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

DR will see a dropoff but they'll still be pretty good. 

HP and LV will be good as usual.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JETT said:

As a Lobo Alumn, I definitely respect your opinion and I can tell that it comes from a place of support and not malice. We have certain sectors of our fanbase that don't want you critiquing John King no matter if they wholeheartedly believe in everything you're saying. They just don't want you saying jack s*** about him because they have a personal relationship with him or he probably was cordial enough to shake their hands at a weenie dog function.

And, don't get me wrong, John King is a hilarious person to shoot the breeze with and he will have you cracking up and hurting your side laughing. He's a Man of exceptional character, morals and standards and if you've heard him in person you would know that goes without saying. BUT!!!! John King as a head coach underachieved yesterday in his offensive play calling. It was NOT his best work by no stretch of the imagination.

And, what infuriates me about John King is that I know his potential because I have seen him do exceptional play calling before. But, his PRIDE and bullheadedness cost the TEAM a shot to advance. If, we were getting blown out with no answer, I could live with the results yesterday. And, after being at Longview High since 2000 (YES, 20 YEARS) I expect him to coach like he's been here for 20 and not 2. He's still making the same mistakes that he made early on in his career and I don't care how any of the sympathizers for John King feel out there, THAT arrogant, bullheaded, honory and conservative type of playcalling against ELITE athletes equals a seat at the house every, single time.

Elite coaches don't have to have a 5 star quarterback at the helm every year to win. Scott Surrat has EIGHT(8) state titles in a span of 10-15 years. If, I am not mistaken that equals the State Record for ALL classifications. Ask him how many 5-Star quarterbacks he's had in that time frame. The man just gets the job done and he AIN'T recruiting either. If he was, he'd already be sanctioned by the U.I.L. That's not too shabby for someone out of Linden, Texas.

(Sorry for the short novels, Y'all know how I am.)

• Thanks 2