Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

5A Division I Region II Semi-Finals: Longview vs Denton Ryan


Longview Lobos (9-2) vs Denton Ryan Raiders (11-0)  

48 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Denton Ryan in a close one
    • Denton Ryan in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/26/2020 at 08:00 PM

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, dfwfootballfan said:

One of the coolest posts I've read on Smoaky.com since joining many, many years ago. Not the typical East Texas chest thumping, but real, objective insight...I love it. Good luck Lobos! 

Dude. I can promise you. Some of the same ones are here from back in the day but, they've been humbled since then, so MOST of us try to comment from a space of reality and not emotion. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think Ryan gets the win. I seriously wonder how Carthage would Match up against both these teams? I know they’re smaller but damn Carthage was really good this year!

I'll defer to Anti/LoboFan, but my snap assessment is:  Allen: most system experience Grant: most overall talent Tutt: best passing mechanics 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

How do you get tickets???

 

Tickets go on sale Monday, also on sale Tuesday, at the Lobo Athletic Office.

Tickets will also be sold at the gate. Highly doubt we sell out again this week. 

We did have a nice crowd on Friday though. Imagine it will pick up a bit this week. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Tickets go on sale Monday, also on sale Tuesday, at the Lobo Athletic Office.

Tickets will also be sold at the gate. Highly doubt we sell out again this week. 

We did have a nice crowd on Friday though. Imagine it will pick up a bit this week. 

I was expecting the famous lobo horn at the game was it not allowed mesquite memorial stadium

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2020 at 7:49 AM, in10sz said:

Every game from here on in is like a ‘Final’...just in R2.  I’ve never seen a Region so packed as this one is. No disrespect to R1, 3, or 4, but the ‘survivor’ of R2 should win it all. This game will test LV’s D secondary to the max...LV will have to shorten this game by sustaining drives. It will be tough, but I think a W is possible.

Go Lobos!!

 

Even though I agree somewhat, District 3-5A has 3 teams left that are pretty salty. Colleyville Heritage, Red Oak and Summit. Then there’s Lubbock Coronado who scores in buckets. Coronado May be he best of Region 1 but 3 teams from one District is impressive. Heritage is 8-0:and Coronado is 12-0.

Link to post
Share on other sites

With official stats out....Longview held Lancaster to 45 rushing yards. Reminder, they had a 75 yard rushing score on the first play of the game.

Lobos have only given up 846 rushing yards all season.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, randomuser said:

Even though I agree somewhat, District 3-5A has 3 teams left that are pretty salty. Colleyville Heritage, Red Oak and Summit. Then there’s Lubbock Coronado who scores in buckets. Coronado May be he best of Region 1 but 3 teams from one District is impressive. Heritage is 8-0:and Coronado is 12-0.

I still believe after all the smoke clears...Red Oak comes out on top in that region. It looks like Summit has finally arrived. I had them as a top 15 5AD1 team coming into the season and earlier in the year...I looked stupid for saying that. But that win over Tascosa yesterday was big for them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Damn. I guess cause they are so close to the neighborhoods 

They are just 💩 heads. No bags allowed in either. If you have any stuff, it has to be carried in by hand. They don't even allow clear bags like every stadium in Texas.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

They are just 💩 heads. No bags allowed in either. If you have any stuff, it has to be carried in by hand. They don't even allow clear bags like every stadium in Texas.

LOL! I've been hearing Wildman (Our Train Horn Man) say that for a few years!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

They are just 💩 heads. No bags allowed in either. If you have any stuff, it has to be carried in by hand. They don't even allow clear bags like every stadium in Texas.

🥴🥴 that’s crazy LOL. That doesn’t make sense what are they really scared of? They acting like we at the airport or something or they must want us to buy that corn dog basket with a drink 🤣🤣🤣🤣

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to need a near perfect game, no turnovers, no penalties, etc. And even then, it may not be enough. Ryan is REALLY good. I picked them at the start of the season to be in the championship game. They’ve been my pick to win it since about midway through the season. 
 

I hope I’m wrong, and we pull it out. Go Lobos! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ryan is very good, but they’re not unbeatable the way some are trying to make them out to be.

It was a one score game in the Lone Star game in the 4th. It finished a one score game between Guyer and Ryan.

They’re good but man, everyone is making them out to be absolutely unbeatable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Ryan is very good, but they’re not unbeatable the way some are trying to make them out to be.

It was a one score game in the Lone Star game in the 4th. It finished a one score game between Guyer and Ryan.

They’re good but man, everyone is making them out to be absolutely unbeatable.

We aren't those teams either they ain't played em bos yet we are hungry and their in the way for rematch with hp 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, dfwfootballfan said:

One of the coolest posts I've read on Smoaky.com since joining many, many years ago. Not the typical East Texas chest thumping, but real, objective insight...I love it. Good luck Lobos! 

That's actually standard operating procedure for him. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I was expecting the famous lobo horn at the game was it not allowed mesquite memorial stadium

Well, Lancaster seemed to have some sort of loud @** horn when they scored. Of course, I am having to listen to it via our radio station.  *Sighs*

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Quick said:

Well, Lancaster seemed to have some sort of loud @** horn when they scored. Of course, I am having to listen to it via our radio station.  *Sighs*

That wasn’t a horn, that was their band lol literally half the time just out there blowing wind in their instruments

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

They are just 💩 heads. No bags allowed in either. If you have any stuff, it has to be carried in by hand. They don't even allow clear bags like every stadium in Texas.

What’s wrong with a stadium having their own rules?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...