🍊Orange Bowl🍊 #5 Texas A&M vs #13 North Carolina

Stoney

Texas A&M versus North Carolina  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Aggies
    • Tar Heels

29 minutes ago, WETSU said:

A&M will strangle UNC like they have the other opponents in their winning streak. They will win by TOP. UNC will score, but A&Ms ability to control the game will be too much for Mack and co. 

A&M 34- UNC 24.

Better be able to stop the running game.  UNC has two good backs.  

2 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Are all of the bowls set? I know some bowls had already canceled, and with the shortened schedules, it made it virtually impossible for enough teams to get to 6 wins to fill all of the games. Will they suspend the 6-win rule for this season? Just curious. 

The 6 win total was suspended for this season. 

25 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Are all of the bowls set? I know some bowls had already canceled, and with the shortened schedules, it made it virtually impossible for enough teams to get to 6 wins to fill all of the games. Will they suspend the 6-win rule for this season? Just curious. 

The thing causes cancellations today is all of the Big 10 and PAC 12 schools opting out of bowl games.

I absolutely hate this choice for A&M. What's to gain in playing a team that has already been beaten by the team that I think kept the Aggies out of the playoffs and a team that is ranked 8-9 spots below you? A&M vs OU would have been a great match-up. Both teams are hot with good winning streaks going. Heck A&M vs Georgia would have been a great game, but I know the SEC doesn't want to play against itself.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, LOL said:

Before I make my prediction, I need to know: which team doesn't want to be here?

I mean to think A&M won't be disappointed and let down at being left out is ludicrous. 

We've seen it happen time and time again. 

OU is so disappointed that they're not #1 every year that they get blown out in the playoffs... Nothing new.

• Roll Eyes 1

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

The thing causes cancellations today is all of the Big 10 and PAC 12 schools opting out of bowl games.

Well those are the two conferences that didn’t want to play this season anyway. No surprise that most of them don’t want to travel to exotic places like Shreveport or Memphis to receive a swag bag and play in a meaningless game. 

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, trueblue82 said:

Well those are the two conferences that didn’t want to play this season anyway. No surprise that most of them don’t want to travel to exotic places like Shreveport or Memphis to receive a swag bag and play in a meaningless game. 

The independence bowl not having a Big 12 or SEC tie in just sets them up for failure.

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Better be able to stop the running game.  UNC has two good backs.  

A&M is 6th in the country in rushing defense. ND at 19th is a comparable defense and play style and held UNC to just 87 yards rushing. I don't expect UNC to run on A&M. A&M may get beat deep, but they haven't been run on all season. 

17 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Agree why did they get away from this? Couldn’t be ticket sells or ratings. Couple of lower tier teams from the big 12 and sec is more interesting than what they got. Kinda surprised Shreveport got a bowl game in the first place. 

Too small of a venue for the two conferences.

4 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Agree why did they get away from this? Couldn’t be ticket sells or ratings. Couple of lower tier teams from the big 12 and sec is more interesting than what they got. Kinda surprised Shreveport got a bowl game in the first place. 

Shreveport was a much bigger deal 80 years ago when the bowl games originated lol.

• Thanks 1

I said this back when the playoff started, even when Texas beat Georgia. If you're not in the playoff, bowls are pretty much pointless now. 

Players opt out, you don't always get the other teams best shot, etc. Other than $$$, the draw just isn't there, at least for me as a fan it isn't.

49 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Now a receiver  and possibly LB too. Smh

Yea UNC is about to be gutted and it will look similar to that NCst game from 2 years ago where A&M wins by a large margin but it means very little because half the other teams production wasn't playing. 

On the flip side of this, I do not view this A&M team like I viewed the georgia team that didnt make it. Georgia was a playoff favorite for most of the year and it truly was a letdown. They were more disappointed than mad to be left out. I get the opposite vibe from what Ive seen of fisher and the Aggies on twitter and in interviews. They appear to be #### off more they are disappointed. 

Just now, JohnnyFootball said:

I don't know. Jimbo gave good coach speak in saying, "If you need to have a chip on your shoulder to play hard, you aren't where you need to be as a program". 

I hope we come out and play physical and look good because we have pride, not because we're trying to stick it to the CFP Committee.

I tend to look at it from another angle. You should ALWAYS have a chip on your shoulder. It doesn't have to be about proving it to others, but to yourself. You'll see saban win a national title and then turn around and after the celebration talk about how they gave up a cheap touchdown during a garbage time game in october and he wants the young guys to clean that up next year. That chip isn't there because someone put it, its there because you put it. Good coaches will find a way to keep that chip there IMO.