🍊Orange Bowl🍊 #5 Texas A&M vs #13 North Carolina

Stoney

Texas A&M versus North Carolina  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Aggies
    • Tar Heels

2 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Very good season for the Aggies. I’ll be honest I only watched bits and pieces of a couple games but they looked good from what I saw. Great win tonight. 

Definitely looking forward to watching King. 

They had a solid year. They are a complete team. Very good offensive efficiency and solid defensively. They dont play a style that "scares" anyone but they have a style that wears you down. They physically whipped every team they played in the second half except Bama. What Jimbo is building is sustainable and will only improve with confidence and recruiting. Need to figure out the WR situation but they will be a legit threat moving forward. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Everything depends on King. If he's ready I think they have a chance to make waves. The defense will be better than this year so with some offensive help it could be another strong year. 

I think King will be ok.  Will he make rookie type mistakes here and there?  Sure.  But I have a feeling they'll be outweighed by the great throws he can make.  This is the type of QB Jimbo has been waiting for since arriving in Aggieland.

16 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Love your optimism.

I can understand the slow start.  They had to have felt dejected after not being chosen for the idiotic semifinal playoff system.  I'll ask again.  Is there ANY other sport,  be it high school, collegiate, semi-pro, or pro, that starts it's playoffs in the semifinals?  Just dumb.( But certainly better than the previous system based solely on rankings.)

1 minute ago, DAWG91 said:

I think King will be ok.  Will he make rookie type mistakes here and there?  Sure.  But I have a feeling they'll be outweighed by the great throws he can make.  This is the type of QB Jimbo has been waiting for since arriving in Aggieland.

Yes. Mond has done as well as imaginable managing games for Jimbo this year, but he's extremely limited as a QB. The position just doesn't come natural to him. King is that type of kid that has the it factor that takes solid offenses to a different level. I too think he will be a good one under Jimbo. Looking forward to seeing how he develops with spring ball that he didn't get last year. 

4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Yes. Mond has done as well as imaginable managing games for Jimbo this year, but he's extremely limited as a QB. The position just doesn't come natural to him. King is that type of kid that has the it factor that takes solid offenses to a different level. I too think he will be a good one under Jimbo. Looking forward to seeing how he develops with spring ball that he didn't get last year. 

Mond certainly has his limitations but I admire his heart and the amount of fight he has in him.  Some of that stuff cannot be measured.  He did what was asked of him and he got the Aggies to a place seldom seen before.  Texas Aggies Orange Bowl Champs.  I like it.  I've gotten so used to the Aggies stinking up bowl games I'm going to enjoy this one for a while.  Jimbo was right,  "we're not done yet."

10 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Mond certainly has his limitations but I admire his heart and the amount of fight he has in him.  Some of that stuff cannot be measured.  He did what was asked of him and he got the Aggies to a place seldom seen before.  Texas Aggies Orange Bowl Champs.  I like it.  I've gotten so used to the Aggies stinking up bowl games I'm going to enjoy this one for a while.  Jimbo was right,  "we're not done yet."

Oh his toughness is second to none. The beating he took last year was insane. I have never seen a tougher player. For him to battle it out and come back this year and have the year he's had is a true testimony to his work ethic. He's the bridge. The guy needed to transition this team from Sumlin and Johnny to Fisher and his physical style. I'm glad to move on from him, but hats off to the job he's done here. 

9 hours ago, topher805 said:

I think we know why Demas never touched the field after seeing that 😂

Jimbo can definitely still sprint for a ways, pretty cool, but do we know why Demas never touched the field?

I was for real excited about watching Demas play for TAMU and every time I watched them, which was quite a bit this season I never saw him on the field.

Side note, I really like the freshman scatback.

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Jimbo can definitely still sprint for a ways, pretty cool, but do we know why Demas never touched the field?

I was for real excited about watching Demas play for TAMU and every time I watched them, which was quite a bit this season I never saw him on the field.

Never heard. He played a lot last night, just never got any targets and part of that is Mond not being able to hit that deep post. 

He seems still very invested and wants to be part of the program. I'm not sold he doesn't transfer just because I've seen this play out before with other players/programs. They are saying the coaching staff is putting on the full court press to keep a lot of these seniors (Cam Buckley is one rumored to be staying). Not sure what kind of impact that will have on some guys like Demas...

29 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Never heard. He played a lot last night, just never got any targets and part of that is Mond not being able to hit that deep post. 

He seems still very invested and wants to be part of the program. I'm not sold he doesn't transfer just because I've seen this play out before with other players/programs. They are saying the coaching staff is putting on the full court press to keep a lot of these seniors (Cam Buckley is one rumored to be staying). Not sure what kind of impact that will have on some guys like Demas...

The seniors that Texas has returning are the ones that most Texas fans were glad to be getting rid of.  I don’t look for many seniors across the nation that were very instrumental to their team’s success to pass up the opportunity of the nfl for one last hoorah in college.  

Texas example.... Cade Brewer.  Worst TE on the Texas roster, Herman loved him for some reason.  He played over younger more talented guys that were far more productive when rarely given the chance.  Brewer is coming back because he’s not going to get a chance in the nfl most likely.  Denzel okafor is another.  

I’m sure aTm can talk a few into coming back, but that chance at nfl money is calling.  

4 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

How dare you disrespect Achane by calling him a scat back. That dude is a complete player. You see his pass pro block? You see his power on the other carries? Dude is complete. Don't let his stature get you thinking he's just a change of pace guy lol

As for Demas. The guy below addressed it right. Mond can't/doesn't make the throws that fit Demas and his abilities. So in the limited time he saw snaps this year, the ball never came his way. But that's not so much in him as Mond. I mean A&M didnt even complete a pass to a WR not named smith until the third quarter last night... Mond can't get them the ball. 

9 hours ago, WETSU said:

How dare you disrespect Achane by calling him a scat back. That dude is a complete player. You see his pass pro block? You see his power on the other carries? Dude is complete. Don't let his stature get you thinking he's just a change of pace guy lol

As for Demas. The guy below addressed it right. Mond can't/doesn't make the throws that fit Demas and his abilities. So in the limited time he saw snaps this year, the ball never came his way. But that's not so much in him as Mond. I mean A&M didnt even complete a pass to a WR not named smith until the third quarter last night... Mond can't get them the ball. 

Oh, don’t get me wrong I think that Achane dude is awesome and I bet he is a complete back. Zero disrespect meant for young Mr. Achane.

Maybe Demas will get plenty of targets next season, I bet he does. 

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Oh, don’t get me wrong I think that Achane dude is awesome and I bet he is a complete back. Zero disrespect meant for young Mr. Achane.

Maybe Demas will get plenty of targets next season, I bet he does. 

I think he will as well. Especially because I think King is much more willing to pull the trigger and trust his guys.