🍑Peach Bowl🍑 Cincinnati vs Georgia

Stoney

Cincinnati vs Georgia   

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bearcats
    • Bulldogs

5 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Wet is still failing to realize that once again Georgia is highly overrated and when exposed the sec excuses come flying.  

I'm not making excuses. I actually had Cincy picked in my pick em. I'm not sure if you even understand what I was saying. 

21 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

This QB for the most part is dead awful for Georgia. All these 5 stars Kirby comes up with and this is all he can field?

One of those 5* guys rode the pine behind Jake Fromm before transferring to Ohio State. Kirby has not handled offense well at all. 

• Thanks 1

Poor clock management by Cincy to end the game. I understand if they get the first down on 3rd and 2 the game is over, but you've got to run the football there. It cost them 40 seconds!. Also, the two previous snaps there was still a lot of time on the play clock at the snap of the ball - at least 15 more seconds that should have been ran off the clock. It's different if it's 4th and 2 or your up by 4+ points. The clocks going to stop regardless of you don't make it and/or Georgia would have to score a TD. Just terrible clock management.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

If you completed that pass it was lights out and no punt.  The issue was poor execution not play call

Poor execution? We can't play the what ifs game after the play, and Georgia had basically shut down Cincy's passing game the whole second half. Play smart and run the football. Georgia was out of timeouts! That 40 seconds cost Cincy the game.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Poor clock management by Cincy to end the game. I understand if they get the first down on 3rd and 2 the game is over, but you've got to run the football there. It cost them 40 seconds!. Also, the two previous snaps there was still a lot of time on the play clock at the snap of the ball - at least 15 more seconds that should have been ran off the clock. It's different if it's 4th and 2 or your up by 4+ points. The clocks going to stop regardless of you don't make it and/or Georgia would have to score a TD. Just terrible clock management.

Absolutely........there was no promises they would have to punt if they ran the ball.  Was not like it was 3rd and 11.  

• Like 1

You know I can't believe I'm saying this but DB is partially right. 

The play call put Ridder in a sprint out to the right. IMO what he was likely told to stretch the field and only make the throw if its open otherwise take the loss or try to scramble for the first. Its a safe play call actually. The problem was Ridder saw the guy come open deep too late and floated the ball. Like DB said, poor execution. 

Now I am not saying a simple dive or power and taking the chance of just burning 40 seconds regardless of outcome wasn't the call that most would agree was the right move. I probably do just that as well. But I can't agree that it was a terrible call to put the ball in Ridders hands in a high percentage play. 

17 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Poor execution? We can't play the what ifs game after the play, and Georgia had basically shut down Cincy's passing game the whole second half. Play smart and run the football. Georgia was out of timeouts! That 40 seconds cost Cincy the game.

The guy was open immediately, but ridder held the ball then floated the pass.  It was open initially