☁️Cotton Bowl ☁️ Oklahoma vs Florida

Stoney

Oklahoma vs Florida  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Sooners
    • Gators

I know a bunch of noise will be made about all the guys that Florida was missing, but I don’t think those guys would have changed the winner of the game. 

Oklahoma dominated the line of scrimmage on offense and defense. That was the best that Oklahoma’s O-line played all season. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

The former Longview Lobo and OU Sooner Malcolm Kelly? Sorry, I am old and do not know any other MK’s.

Yeah... After OU won the Big 12 in 2006 he freestyled in the locker room. The video went viral and apparently is repeated now... Can anyone confirm they were imitating that rap? Most of those players were like 8 years old max when that video came out.

4 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Yeah... After OU won the Big 12 in 2006 he freestyled in the locker room. The video went viral and apparently is repeated now... Can anyone confirm they were imitating that rap? Most of those players were like 8 years old max when that video came out.

3 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I know a bunch of noise will be made about all the guys that Florida was missing, but I don’t think those guys would have changed the winner of the game. 

Oklahoma dominated the line of scrimmage on offense and defense. That was the best that Oklahoma’s O-line played all season. 

I think at full strength its a solid game.. I think ou still likely wins because they get one extra stop or two than Florida does but overall its likely a good matchup. 

6 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I’d have to agree. It may have been a couple scores closer but still would’ve been an easy win for ou.  I just threw up in my mouth a little having typed that  

7 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Heck no.  OU came out to play and won every aspect of this game.  Even Rattler looked accurate.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Impressive to make up a song on the fly but I need an interpreter to tell me what some of it means!!!

I get some of it like “sipping’ on codeine”, catching balls, not being late, etc. but what about “sitting’ sideways”, etc.? Does that mean anything?

• LOL! 1

14 hours ago, Valhalla said:

8.9 yards a carry so far.

Riley won’t just sell out to it though. It’s against his DNA. 

Yeah, we all called it, though to be fair he did eventually figure it out.

The game turned into a rout when we leaned on the run. Imagine that! 

29 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Those 4 WRs don’t play on the defense that gave up 400+ yards rushing

Uh, yeah...  Trask was picked off three times (albeit one was a tip drill), so I don't see how having different targets changes those turnovers. Would those starters have made a difference? Who knows. Frankly, I thought UF's offense looked better with the backup QBs in. What's to say Trask throws 5 picks if he plays the full game, and it's even more lopsided?

Between the goofy deep pass playcalls early on, two stupid fumbles, and then OU kneeling the ball on the final drive, the game could've been even worse than it was. But coulda/shoulda/woulda. It's a pointless topic. 

Oklahoma beat Florida 55-20. Big XII champs. Cotton Bowl champs. That's all that matters. 

I realize Florida had several players out, but I thought Dan Mullen's after game comments were more embarrassing than the game. Kind of showed his true character IMO.

"The last game this team played was 11 days ago."

"I thought our scout team guys played well."

"We didn't have to play."

Look Coach, those of us that follow the game know the situation you and your team was facing. You could have handled this much better than whining at the podium.

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, Lhornfan said:

I realize Florida had several players out, but I thought Dan Mullen's after game comments were more embarrassing than the game. Kind of showed his true character IMO.

Look Coach, those of us that follow the game know the situation you and your team was facing. You could have handled this much better than whining at the podium.

Soooo...  that Heisman finalist was the scout team QB? 

Damn, I'd hate to see the starter. 

4 minutes ago, LOL said:

Soooo...  that Heisman finalist was the scout team QB? 

Damn, I'd hate to see the starter. 

Imagine being a freshman or back up finally getting more playing time, or just playing time in general, and your coach goes into his presser and calls you scout team.

If that's the case then Coach O has been playing with a scout team all year and they beat Florida with starters and all. LMAO.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Imagine being a freshman or back up finally getting more playing time, or just playing time in general, and your coach goes into his presser and calls you scout team.

If that's the case then Coach O has been playing with a scout team all year and they beat Florida with starters and all. LMAO.

Look, I get it: having several players opt-out puts you in a damn difficult spot. Our best CB opted-out. I don't blame him. Dude is looking at possible first-round money. Get paid, young man!

But as the coach, this is what you signed up for. This is what you get paid 6 million dollars to figure out. If you want to be on the big stage you gotta play to win no matter what circumstances throw at you. If you play the ##### you're gonna get ######.

Starters opt-out? Tough ####, you still gotta win. NCAA suspended your star players? Tough ####, you still gotta win. Practice facility got hit by lightning, huh? Tough ####, you still gotta win.

This ain't 3A junior-varsity tiddly winks. This is big boy football. SEC. It just means more, right? You don't have the privilege of pissing and moaning when things don't go your way, and you get blown out by a superior team. 

Mullen would be better served to just own his defeat, praise his young guys for stepping up and playing hard, then using this loss as a teaching moment to build on for next year. Grace in defeat is no less a virtue than honor in victory. When I think about the coaches I respect, the guys who have the highest esteem in the profession, they all have that in common. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LOL said:

Look, I get it: having several players opt-out puts you in a damn difficult spot. Our best CB opted-out. I don't blame him. Dude is looking at possible first-round money. Get paid, young man!

But as the coach, this is what you signed up for. This is what you get paid 6 million dollars to figure out. If you want to be on the big stage you gotta play to win no matter what circumstances throw at you. If you play the ##### you're gonna get ######.

Starters opt-out? Tough ####, you still gotta win. NCAA suspended your star players? Tough ####, you still gotta win. Practice facility got hit by lightning, huh? Tough ####, you still gotta win.

This ain't 3A junior-varsity tiddly winks. This is big boy football. SEC. It just means more, right? You don't have the privilege of #### and moaning when things don't go your way, and you get blown out by a superior team. 

Mullen would be better served to just own his defeat, praise his young guys for stepping up and playing hard, then using this loss as a teaching moment to build on for next year. Grace in defeat is no less a virtue than honor in victory. When I think about the coaches I respect, the guys who have the highest esteem in the profession, they all have that in common. 

Seriously could not have said it better my friend. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Will teams start to opt out of bowl games if a large amount of players or significant players start to opt out more often?

I don't think so. I think it's still a good opportunity to see new guys get reps. 

However, I couldn't say I'd blame teams for opting out.

22 minutes ago, LOL said:

This ain't 3A junior-varsity tiddly winks. This is big boy football. SEC. It just means more, right? You don't have the privilege of #### and moaning when things don't go your way, and you get blown out by a superior team. 

Great post!! Texas had a bunch of kids sitting out too. The young kids were hungry and played with their hair on fire. Lost what little respect I had for Mullen. SEC! SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC!SEC! Outside of Bama the most overrated conference in the Country!

3 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

Mullen is a joker.