Stoney

Clemson vs Ohio State   

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Tigers
    • Buckeyes

This poll is closed to new votes

7 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I think most people believed they are one of the 4 best teams. Being one of the 4 most deserving resumé wise though was a different story. 

Trying to split hairs...

tge best four are the most deserving since the playoffs are for the best 4.  

5 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

It’s just backwards justification.

It’s just like when a 4th place team in HS Football makes a playoff run. Just because you perform when you get there does not mean you deserved to be there in the 1st place.

Apples to oranges. Ohio State isn’t playing good all of the sudden and making a playoff run. They have won every game they’ve played. Their resume ain’t great don’t get me wrong, but they’ve done what they had to do. Now they just have to prove they belong and right now they are. 

3 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

You said they didn’t belong.  Plain and simple.  It’s for the 4 best teams, they’re one of them,  you made a case for aTm to get in since they played more games.  I told you it would be ND that proved to be the one that shouldn’t have been there.  Ohio State would’ve put 60 on ND.  Don’t be surprised if Ohio state don’t beat Bama 

OSU is playing very good right now. This game has gotten very physical. Lots of players banged up on both sides. Sunshine gonna have to pull a rabbit out of his butt to get back to the finals. 

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

Trying to split hairs...

tge best four are the most deserving since the playoffs are for the best 4.  

No thats not true at all. The committee alternates the best/deserving debate to fit whatever they want depending on the year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Apples to oranges. Ohio State isn’t playing good all of the sudden and making a playoff run. They have won every game they’ve played. Their resume ain’t great don’t get me wrong, but they’ve done what they had to do. Now they just have to prove they belong and right now they are. 

When resumes are altered due to uncontrollable situations you have to lean on other metrics.  Most people could see that Ohio state was a better team than Notre dame and Texas A&M.  Some did not want to see it.

One thing we can all agree on... Dabo needs to learn to keep his mouth shut. Clemson was already in the playoff with their conference title, no reason to give all that bulletin board material over the last 2 weeks... Ohio st is playing with something to prove and I see Day running it up to leave no doubt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WETSU said:

One thing we can all agree on... Dabo needs to learn to keep his mouth shut. Clemson was already in the playoff with their conference title, no reason to give all that bulletin board material over the last 2 weeks... Ohio st is playing with something to prove and I see Day running it up to leave no doubt.

I don’t think so. It’s nice to not just have generic Coach talk.

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

No thats not true at all. The committee alternates the best/deserving debate to fit whatever they want depending on the year. 

Who determines what is true or not?  

saying a better team doesn’t deserve to be there because you don’t think they’ve played enough games is not a good metric.  A better team is a better team.  Ohio State > Notre dame and aTm

When resumes are altered due to uncontrollable situations you have to lean on other metrics.  Most people could see that Ohio state was a better team than Notre dame and Texas A&M.  Some did not want to see it.

I definitely understand people not wanting to see them in after only playing 6 games, but I’m just saying that right now they are proving they are among the top 4 best teams. 

5 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Oh i have ZERO problem with admitting that or even putting Ohio st in the playoff. I just want clarification. The committee has flip flopped from year to year on whether they want the 4 best or the 4 best resumes. Just tell us one or the other and stick to it. Nobody will complain about it either way, but you have to be consistent. You have to show us EXACTLY what you're looking for. To be completely honest, this setup is probably worse than the BCS in terms of "fairness." 

Oh i have ZERO problem with admitting that or even putting Ohio st in the playoff. I just want clarification. The committee has flip flopped from year to year on whether they want the 4 best or the 4 best resumes. Just tell us one or the other and stick to it. Nobody will complain about it either way, but you have to be consistent. You have to show us EXACTLY what you're looking for. To be completely honest, this setup is probably worse than the BCS in terms of "fairness." 

This idea of fairness in college football is crazy.

The sport is designed to be unfair. From recruiting all the way to playoff system.

1 minute ago, WETSU said:

Oh i have ZERO problem with admitting that or even putting Ohio st in the playoff. I just want clarification. The committee has flip flopped from year to year on whether they want the 4 best or the 4 best resumes. Just tell us one or the other and stick to it. Nobody will complain about it either way, but you have to be consistent. You have to show us EXACTLY what you're looking for. To be completely honest, this setup is honestly probably worse than the BCS in terms of "fairness." 

The people on the committee change from year to year so there lies the problem.  There’s no consistency.  If it were reserved for conference champs and the next two highest ranked teams for an 8 team playoffs you’d know what you’ve got to do to get in the playoffs.  Especially if the rankings went back to the bcs type rankings that  used multiple metrics and less human opinion.  That’s be the only fair way to do it.  

2 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I don’t think so. It’s nice to not just have generic Coach talk.

As a fan of football I agree with you. But what he did was stupid. He literally set him and his team in a no win situation. There absolutely NO reason to put any more pressure on yourself in this game than there already is. he deserves every bit of this punch in the mouth day is about to give him. Hope Day doesn't call of the dogs and wins by 35.

The people on the committee change from year to year so there lies the problem.  There’s no consistency.  If it were reserved for conference champs and the next two highest ranked teams for an 8 team playoffs you’d know what you’ve got to do to get in the playoffs.  Especially if the rankings went back to the bcs type rankings that  used multiple metrics and less human opinion.  That’s be the only fair way to do it.  

Agreed. I've been saying all along the bcs style worked it just needed to be 4 teams instead of 2. 

• Like 1

As a fan of football I agree with you. But what he did was stupid. He literally set him and his team in a no win situation. There absolutely NO reason to put any more pressure on yourself in this game than there already is. he deserves every bit of this punch in the mouth day is about to give him. Hope Day doesn't call of the dogs and wins by 35.

Day is no saint himself when it comes to keeping his mouth shut. 

• LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

This idea of fairness in college football is crazy.

The sport is designed to be unfair. From recruiting all the way to playoff system.

Fair isn't the word I meant exactly. I know its what I used... Perhaps the word is justified. I want at the end of the day the results on the field to matter in having a national champion, not a committees opinion on who should be invited to the dance. I personally would have loved you watch conference champs only. I'd love to see bama beat Coastal carolina by 42. I would have loved seeing ohio st beat Cincy 42-17. Then there could be no more crying about how they deserve to be there. 

Agreed. I've been saying all along the bcs style worked it just needed to be 4 teams instead of 2. 

Then you’re still leaving a champ out.  8 teams is what is needed.  That would benefit the NY6 bowls and cut down on opt outs IMO 

Just now, DB2point0 said:

Then you’re still leaving a champ out.  8 teams is what is needed.  That would benefit the NY6 bowls and cut down on opt outs IMO 

Yea I'm fine with 8 too. But give the computer the selection of the 3 at large spots. If a team like Cincy is deserving the computer will show it. If their schedule isn't good enough to jump a 1 loss power 5 team for the at large bid than so be it. 

I still believe the playoffs should be more than 4 teams, the teams just shouldn’t be voted on. There should be requirements in place, taking any bias or ‘opinion’ out of it, while also allowing the non P5 teams a chance.