Stoney

Clemson vs Ohio State   

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Tigers
    • Buckeyes

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, WETSU said:

Yea I'm fine with 8 too. But give the computer the selection of the 3 at large spots. If a team like Cincy is deserving the computer will show it. If their schedule isn't good enough to jump a 1 loss power 5 team for the at large bid than so be it. 

How about we just take 3 and give the #1 team a bye?

the 2/3 game has been much more competitive than 1/4 game typically.

1 minute ago, Valhalla said:

How about we just take 3 and give the #1 team a bye?

the 2/3 game has been much more competitive than 1/4 game typically.

Then you're arguing over who's 1... 

Take the power 5 champs auto bid. They are seeded by their computer ranking. Then seeds 6-8 are chosen from the highest remaining computer teams. Thats every power 5 champ, plenty of opportunity for G5 champs to earn their way in, and there's no opinion whatsoever. Not even seeded opinion... 

3 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Yea I'm fine with 8 too. But give the computer the selection of the 3 at large spots. If a team like Cincy is deserving the computer will show it. If their schedule isn't good enough to jump a 1 loss power 5 team for the at large bid than so be it. 

It’s time to give the G5 teams a little respect.  Cinci was a good team.  In years past the ones that were disregarded were some really good teams.  It’d be BS to expand to 8 and not give them an auto bid for the #6 spot.  I’m tired of seeing teams like Georgia and Notre dame given the benefit of the doubt to turn around and soil the sheets instead of a solid Cinci, Memphis or Boise team from years past.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WETSU said:

Take the power 5 champs auto bid. They are seeded by their computer ranking. Then seeds 6-8 are chosen from the highest remaining computer teams. Thats every power 5 champ, plenty of opportunity for G5 champs to earn their way in, and there's no opinion whatsoever. Not even seeded opinion... 

nope, gotta include the top rated g5 fir the playoffs to matter.

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

It’s time to give the G5 teams a little respect.  Cinci was a good team.  In years past the ones that were disregarded were some really good teams.  It’d be BS to expand to 8 and not give them an auto bid for the #6 spot.  I’m tired of seeing teams like Georgia and Notre dame given the benefit of the doubt to turn around and soil the sheets instead of a solid Cinci, Memphis or Boise team from years past.  

Reward them when they deserve it. Computers will do that. But absolutely not in regards to automatic bids. Why would they schedule a single meaningful game if they get an auto bid? 

3 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I think #1 has been pretty clear every season.

1 minute ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I disagree. Use your face mask instead of your crown. Dude has been dirty for a while. 

Using the crown is asking for a neck injury anyway.  He turned his head before contact.  The blow came from his right shoulder from what I saw

Just now, WETSU said:

Reward them when they deserve it. Computers will do that. But absolutely not in regards to automatic bids. Why would they schedule a single meaningful game if they get an auto bid? 

So in other words you want to continue with opinions.  You’ve been fussing about opinions.  

Just now, DB2point0 said:

So in other words you want to continue with opinions.  You’ve been fussing about opinions.  

Are you even reading... I said computers select the at large. If a G5 schedules a deserving OOC schedule and runs through it then they will be there with the computers. 

You’re letting your opinion decide to keep them out.  

Let's let Texas 6a champ play for that matter if all champagne deserve to get a shot... What a stupid premise. 

My way gives the G5 more than a fair chance without ANY opinions. They want in, play a real schedule. Period. But by all.means let's watch them get beat by 40 for a few years. 

4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Let's let Texas 6a champ play for that matter if all champagne deserve to get a shot... What a stupid premise. 

My way gives the G5 more than a fair chance without ANY opinions. They want in, play a real schedule. Period. But by all.means let's watch them get beat by 40 for a few years. 

You’re still leaving the possibility of their representative to be left out.  No p5 teams will schedule the teams that will typically be up there as they’re scared to lose to them.  I think they should be included as the #6 spot every year.  There’s a big difference in g5 and Texas 6a ball.  But I’m sure you know that

You’re still leaving the possibility of their representative to be left out.  No p5 teams will schedule the teams that will typically be up there as they’re scared to lose to them.  I think they should be included as the #6 spot every year.  There’s a big difference in g5 and Texas 6a ball.  But I’m sure you know that

So who decides the 1 G5 team? Computers? 

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

The bcs rankings were multiple rankings, metrics and other things.  I actually liked it.  I’d go back to that style.  

Yea I could be okay with that. So would just 1 auto bid for a G5 team be enough to satisfy the argument for them having a shot?