2021 4A D-2 State Championship Gilmer vs Carthage

TCU44

• TCU44 changed the title to 2021 4A D-2 State Championship Gilmer vs Carthage
1 hour ago, JETT said:

If it were to happen, I'd have to give the nod to the dawgs.... surratt the best in the state at the big dance..... PG and others will want a shot at em, but I'm hearing next year they could possibly be better than this years team.... scary 

Gilmer will be better.  Carthage will be better or as good on defense , Carthage offense wont be better.

4 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

Lol yea that is going to be a joke of a game I fear. ND does not belong in a 4 team playoff.  

After the beating Clemson out on them, they should be out. 
Ohio State shouldn’t be in either having only played 6 games.

On 12/20/2020 at 4:37 PM, JETT said:

If it were to happen, I'd have to give the nod to the dawgs.... surratt the best in the state at the big dance..... PG and others will want a shot at em, but I'm hearing next year they could possibly be better than this years team.... scary 

could be but dought it  got some hugs shoes to fill

With what both teams have returning, I believe both Carthage and Gilmer have a real shot at returning to the Championship game next season. Carthage has to be considered the favorite of course, as they should be until someone knocks them off. Both teams will have a few key positions to fill on both sides of the ball, but no doubt they will just reload.

46 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

With what both teams have returning, I believe both Carthage and Gilmer have a real shot at returning to the Championship game next season. Carthage has to be considered the favorite of course, as they should be until someone knocks them off. Both teams will have a few key positions to fill on both sides of the ball, but no doubt they will just reload.

Carthage’s Defense remains very solid next year. No team in 4A Div2 will have success in penetrating it. 
The Offense will have to be restocked & reloaded with an ample supply of capable candidates to pick up the Mantle and carry on in 2021.

• Sad 1

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CarthDawg77 said:

He’s a playmaker every time he hits the field.  I can see him playing on Sundays if he stays healthy...

Be interesting to see if Preston shares him with Surratt a few plays a game or not in the fall...…...Guessing if he gains 10-12 lbs of muscle by August he would be a decent blocking TE and probably decent catching the ball.

• Like 1