2021 4A D-2 State Championship Gilmer vs Carthage

TCU44

3 minutes ago, house said:

i believe surratt said he would be getting offers from everyone, and quickly.  he included bama.   

I believe it! LSU, USC, OU, Texas, Texas A&M already.  I'd except many more of the premier schools coming in before long.  The kid makes the grades too.  He will be starring on the next level for somebody eventually. 

• Like 1

I'm a Longhorn but I hated Ingram went there knowing all their deficiencies.  When other horns asked me how I thought he was going to do I told them I didn't know.  He was used to running behind a very good offensive line.  Wasn't there at Texas.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, house said:

I'm a Longhorn but I hated Ingram went there knowing all their deficiencies.  When other horns asked me how I thought he was going to do I told them I didn't know.  He was used to running behind a very good offensive line.  Wasn't there at Texas.  

Same for me! I've always been a Longhorn fan, but I feel like he's been greatly underserved in their offense.  I can't tell you how sick I got of seeing Ehlinger run nearly every down.  I'm hoping he will get to enjoy a resurgence elsewhere. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mikehoncho said:

Same for me! I've always been a Longhorn fan, but I feel like he's been greatly underserved in their offense.  I can't tell you how sick I got of seeing Ehlinger run nearly every down.  I'm hoping he will get to enjoy a resurgence elsewhere. 

I believe Ingram can have a really good year next year if he transfers to a school that will allow him to line up 8 yards deep like he did in high school.  Texas offense was not a good fit for his running style.  He needs 15-20 touches per game.

The scheme at UT, injuries and a few and I do mean a few untimely yet costly mistakes derailed Ingram’s UT career. Mainly, the running Ehlinger constantly never allowed the running backs to get any momentum. The RB’s were basically used as blockers in a large portion of UT’s rush attack. 

STUPID.

• Like 1

yea i got a little worried when they wanted to put a bunch of weight on him and make him a battering ram since the line couldnt make any holes.  hopefully he will find his niche in another program.  problem with texas now is they cant even recruit good offensive lineman legacies.     

• Like 1

1 hour ago, house said:

yea i got a little worried when they wanted to put a bunch of weight on him and make him a battering ram since the line couldnt make any holes.  hopefully he will find his niche in another program.  problem with texas now is they cant even recruit good offensive lineman legacies.     

Fact or rumor? Keaontay could outlift in the weight room all but two of the O-linemen who were responsible for blocking for him.

On 1/22/2021 at 2:40 PM, PantherNation2015 said:

I believe Ingram can have a really good year next year if he transfers to a school that will allow him to line up 8 yards deep like he did in high school.  Texas offense was not a good fit for his running style.  He needs 15-20 touches per game.

This right here. Totally agree. He still has time to have a very successful college career, and even play on Sundays. But Texas was not the right scheme fit at all. 

Wish he could transfer to Wisconsin and play a couple years. I think he has the skills to play on Sundays. And as crazy as this sounds, I think his game is better suited for the NFL then it is college. He is at his best with the QB under center and 8 yards deep in the backfield. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

This right here. Totally agree. He still has time to have a very successful college career, and even play on Sundays. But Texas was not the right scheme fit at all. 

Wish he could transfer to Wisconsin and play a couple years. I think he has the skills to play on Sundays. And as crazy as this sounds, I think his game is better suited for the NFL then it is college. He is at his best with the QB under center and 8 yards deep in the backfield. 

I agree 100% with your assessment on Keaontay and Dixon.

Keaontay actually is more suited for the NFL than most college offenses now days. At Carthage he was literally in a pro style offense lined up 8 yards behind his QB under center in single back or I. Of course he had plenty of playing time running out of shotgun lined up next to the QB as well, but at CHS those were mostly pass blocking downs, screen passes to Keaontay or wheel routes out of the backfield down the sideline or at least on the numbers. Ingram still has tons of potential and it’s a shame his UT career didn’t become what I had hoped it would. However, he still has so much God given talent and in the right situation can be very successful. I wish the absolute best for Ingram.

Luckily for Dixon the Sarkisian Era has begun almost at exactly the right time for him. Dixon was able to come into college, learn the ropes, grow physically and is pretty much a carbon copy of the type and style WR Sark loves to utilize in his offense. 
Dixon could very possibly explode onto the scene next season. 🤞

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I agree 100% with your assessment on Keaontay and Dixon.

Keaontay actually is more suited for the NFL than most college offenses now days. At Carthage he was literally in a pro style offense lined up 8 yards behind his QB under center in single back or I. Of course he had plenty of playing time running out of shotgun lined up next to the QB as well, but at CHS those were mostly pass blocking downs, screen passes to Keaontay or wheel routes out of the backfield down the sideline or at least on the numbers. Ingram still has tons of potential and it’s a shame his UT career didn’t become what I had hoped it would. However, he still has so much God given talent and in the right situation can be very successful. I wish the absolute best for Ingram.

Luckily for Dixon the Sarkisian Era has begun almost at exactly the right time for him. Dixon was able to come into college, learn the ropes, grow physically and is pretty much a carbon copy of the type and style WR Sark loves to utilize in his offense. 
Dixon could very possibly explode onto the scene next season. 🤞

Yes. Dixon is tailor made for Sark’s O.

• Like 1