Big12 Expansion.....it’s time

DB2point0

On 12/21/2020 at 8:40 AM, Valhalla said:

It depends on how bad one wants to get away. 

I'm not going to pretend to know the dynamic between the two Arizona Schools, but I would imagine that the same thought was once attached to Texas/Texas A&M and look where they are now.

I’d compare it to when Texas was looking at the pac, the Texas legislature made them include Baylor to keep them at P5 status.  You’re right, it might not happen as the PAC would likely not fold.  I just think both would come if invited. The ou and osu situation would be the same as the Baylor/Texas issue.  The state of Oklahoma would likely not want okie state with no P5 conference

On 12/21/2020 at 8:52 AM, Valhalla said:

David Boren was to driving force not to leave Oklahoma State in 2012. He is gone. Oklahoma would leave Oklahoma State if it was the right situation. 

Sure thing 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Yea I mean I could be wrong. I do see your points. And it wouldn't completely shock me to see the Arizona schools leave, but we will have to see. 

Agree, and I think like you’re thinking the Arizona schools would be the best targets to try to pick off first, because of Gavin Newsom having a lot of control over what they can and cannot do. 

27 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Big 12 North:

West Virginia

Iowa State

Kansas

Kansas State

Cincinnati

Virginia Tech

Big 12 South:

Texas 

TCU

Texas Tech

Baylor

Oklahoma St. 

Oklahoma

You have to break up Texas and ou. Its better for the conference as a whole for them two to have a designed path to play each other in the conference title. It doesn't move the needle at all when you have a 12-0 OU playing a 9-3 Iowa st in the conference final while a 11-1 Texas sits at home. That was the greatest downfall of the big 12 when it did have divisions. 

On 12/21/2020 at 9:55 AM, Valhalla said:

Not awful, but VA Tech isnt leaving the ACC

Agreed

On 12/21/2020 at 10:22 AM, WETSU said:

You have to break up Texas and ou. Its better for the conference as a whole for them two to have a designed path to play each other in the conference title. It doesn't move the needle at all when you have a 12-0 OU playing a 9-3 Iowa st in the conference final while a 11-1 Texas sits at home. That was the greatest downfall of the big 12 when it did have divisions. 

Some people believe in traditions, others just brag about tradition .  Y’all cried for change, got it then #### all over the rest of the league walking out the door.

On 12/21/2020 at 10:50 AM, Hookemhorns88 said:

I recently traveled through Arizona.  I saw multiple political billboards saying "Don't Turn Arizona into California".

We need those for Texas too

On 12/21/2020 at 10:24 AM, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Only conference that would lose members is the pac and Arizona would be the most ideal and reasonable. No one leaving the Acc or Sec. Irish ain’t coming these are pipe dreams. Big ten may consider it with the right members but sever long shot. Colorado and Nebraska could be most likely candidates. Those two plus Arizona schools are a home run.  The American is your pool of potential teams plus Byu

That’s exactly why I said those schools.  Utah, buy and Boise St have always been competitive too

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

1 minute ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Well only add up to six members creating a 16 teams conference. 

Utah 

Boise 

nebraska 

Colorado 

would be ideal if participants were interested. But getting someone with West Virginia would be ideal. Cincinnati and UCf would be outstanding with those four. 

Who, besides the mid majors you keep bringing up, would provide anything of quality to the conference in the direction of West Virginia???  Cincinatti has a good year about every 4 years.  Memphis too.  Both are in good markets. I’d rather take current P5 schools first, then expand with those guys if the cfp makes them go to 16 teams per conference.  

Just now, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

No power 5 want to come who are you kidding? Come on ..... 

you are missing the entire point of this thread then.  Now is the time to pluck teams from the pac12.  Their conference has drug their feet to help their members and they get less money from the conference.  California schools are going to start paying their players, which will give them a leg up in recruiting against their conference foes.  The Arizona schools just make too much sense.  

2 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

My my....

Someone is a prickly ### this morning.

Lol, did you say something?  

Just now, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Gotta have a incentive for them. The big 12 isn’t as enticing as you think.

It would take some giving on the Big12 part.  There would have to be a Big12 network created, which I’m all for.  The LHN is garbage anyway.  The Big12 has better payouts than the pac and its contract is written they will go up if they add good quality TV markets.  PAC is dead for the near future 

5 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Rooting for the Longhorns is really, really hard

Just become a Alabama/LSU fan like the rest of East Texas the last decade. Everyone has a "family member" that was a big fan of those schools so that is why they are a fan. Even though a decade ago they were probably a UT/A&M fan.

4 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Just become a Alabama/LSU fan like the rest of East Texas the last decade. Everyone has a "family member" that was a big fan of those schools so that is why they are a fan. Even though a decade ago they were probably a UT/A&M fan.

I know two bandwagoners that claim to be long time fans.  No thanks!!’

25 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Living in east Texas I can sort of see the lsu side of that. But the bama thing? Nah.