Big12 Expansion.....it’s time

DB2point0

6 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Just become a Alabama/LSU fan like the rest of East Texas the last decade. Everyone has a "family member" that was a big fan of those schools so that is why they are a fan. Even though a decade ago they were probably a UT/A&M fan.

The same folks that are “life long” fans of the Golden State Warriors and Kansas City Chiefs. Pre- Steph Curry even the players Mama’s weren’t fans of the team. Chiefs fans couldn’t even tell you who the QB was pre- Mahomes. Nothing worse than a clout chasing fan.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Stoney said:

The same folks that are “life long” fans of the Golden State Warriors and Kansas City Chiefs. Pre- Steph Curry even the players Mama’s weren’t fans of the team. Chiefs fans couldn’t even tell you who the QB was pre- Mahomes. Nothing worse than a clout chasing fan.

The only thing more common than bandwagon Chiefs fans are the numbers of East Texas people who suddenly claim to be relatives of the Mahomes family.  If my Facebook is any indication, dude has like 500 cousins in the greater Tyler area. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL! 2

On 12/20/2020 at 9:28 PM, Valhalla said:

The Big 12 started is slow death the day that they decided to take TCU and not Louisville...

At this point, the only way to save the Big XII is to completely re-invent it. Gonna have to keelhaul a few of the also-rans and pull in some bigger markets. Anything less than that and it's headed for "Conference USA" territory. 

5 hours ago, LOL said:

The only thing more common than bandwagon Chiefs fans are the numbers of East Texas people who suddenly claim to be relatives of the Mahomes family.  If my Facebook is any indication, dude has like 500 cousins in the greater Tyler area. 

Bet you didn’t know he had family in Northeast Shelby County did you? Saw him throwing dimes in the church yard when he was six. Brings back memories! 

• LOL! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Big XII Defectors are 2-6 in their past eight games against former conference opponents:  https://pistolsfiringblog.com/big-12-defectors-arent-doing-well-against-the-big-12/

So in summation, the Big 12 lost one good team (A&M), an average team (Missouri) and two bad teams (Colorado and Nebraska). I’m in the camp that wants the Big 12 back up to 12 teams (for logic’s sake), and while any of that bunch could put a hurting on Kansas every year, I think the nostalgia surrounding that group of four shines a brighter light than reality.

To be honest, I don't really get into the whole conference vs. conference pissing match stuff, but I do think some of the former Big XII teams have had diminishing returns since jumping ship.

Nebraska really cut off their nose to spite their face by losing such good access to the deep pool of Texas schoolboy athletes. Same for Mizzou. For all the talk of Colorado being a "cultural fit" in the Pac, I find the opposite to be true. They haven't really developed any real legit rapport with any of the west coast programs. 

But hey, I'm sure everyone's happy to be where they are, and doesn't regret anything. 

1 hour ago, LOL said:

Big XII Defectors are 2-6 in their past eight games against former conference opponents:  https://pistolsfiringblog.com/big-12-defectors-arent-doing-well-against-the-big-12/

To be honest, I don't really get into the whole conference vs. conference #### match stuff, but I do think some of the former Big XII teams have had diminishing returns since jumping ship.

Nebraska really cut off their nose to spite their face by losing such good access to the deep pool of Texas schoolboy athletes. Same for Mizzou. For all the talk of Colorado being a "cultural fit" in the Pac, I find the opposite to be true. They haven't really developed any real legit rapport with any of the west coast programs. 

But hey, I'm sure everyone's happy to be where they are, and doesn't regret anything. 

To the first point, that really just depends on the matchup/luck. A&M beat Ok St, but they were without players. And we beat OU just because we had one of our best teams in the last 2 decades. Lucky us, I guess. 

But yeah Nebraska does definitely regret it. Especially after how this year went before the season started. They stepped out of one conference where 1 person runs it all right into another where that's the case. 

The conference #### match is just for people to feel better about their program. If you had a bad year? Well, we played in the best conference. Had a good year? Wow! In the best conference at that! 

It's like when players/coaches portray themselves as the underdog. It's win-win. But now you're just pumping up your conference opponents.

1 hour ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I wish this wasn’t all talk and the Big 12 would add quality members. This one true champion every one plays is kinda silly as in it is the toughest conference. I would love it if they added Colorado and Nebraska plus couple strong American teams.

It would be good if they only played 8 conference  games, added sorry teams late in the schedule to help improve rankings late and got to strategically place teams in the non cfp and NY6 bowls.  

4 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

It would be good if they only played 8 conference  games, added sorry teams late in the schedule to help improve rankings late and got to strategically place teams in the non cfp and NY6 bowls.  

Lol

2 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Not everyone can have strong contenders that propels them into contention.

Good thing for Bama, cause Florida didn’t help the cause did they?  They showed up with their scout team, and them jokers didn’t want to be there either 

4 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

What’s funny about that?  Your conference does exactly that

Its funny that you think it would help your conference if they did it. The sunbelt already showed you who daddy was this year. Can't imagine how pathetic the big 12 would look trying to claim a playoff spot while dropping games to them November. 

• LOL! 1

22 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Its funny that you think it would help your conference if they did it. The sunbelt already showed you who daddy was this year. Can't imagine how pathetic the big 12 would look trying to claim a playoff spot while dropping games to them November. 

Maybe I should’ve clarified ( I felt you already knew though).  When I said sorry teams late in the year, I should’ve said fcs teams that stand no chance of beating them.  

31 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Good thing for Bama, cause Florida didn’t help the cause did they?  They showed up with their scout team, and them jokers didn’t want to be there either 

Definitely not a good look for Florida to have their coach trying to make excuses for getting blown out. Just take the loss and move on. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Maybe I should’ve clarified ( I felt you already knew though).  When I said sorry teams late in the year, I should’ve said fcs teams that stand no chance of beating them.  

5 different big 12 teams have lost a total of 8 games vs FCS teams over just the last 9 seasons... Try harder. 

• LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

That kid was right, ou wasn’t on their level.  They were far above it

Can’t argue with that. OU got better as the season progressed, while Florida finished flat on their face. Florida power brokers are gonna expect more than SEC East titles pretty soon or Mullen’s seat will start getting warm. 

5 minutes ago, WETSU said:

5 different big 12 teams have lost a total of 8 games vs FCS teams over just the last 9 seasons... Try harder. 

Since 2006, three SEC schools have lost to FCS foes. Florida fell to Georgia Southern 26-20 in 2013; Ole Miss was outlasted by Jacksonville State 49-48 in double overtime in 2010 and South Carolina lost at home to the Citadel 23-22 last year.

it happens in the sec too???

11 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I don’t want to get in the middle of this, but just out of curiosity, how many of the 8 losers belong to Kansas?

Just now, DB2point0 said:

Since 2006, three SEC schools have lost to FCS foes. Florida fell to Georgia Southern 26-20 in 2013; Ole Miss was outlasted by Jacksonville State 49-48 in double overtime in 2010 and South Carolina lost at home to the Citadel 23-22 last year.

it happens in the sec too???

Stop moving goalpost. That wasn't your argument. Your argument was the big 12 would not lose to "sorry" fcs teams the same way they lost to the sun belt this year. I proved you wrong. 

Now just yesterday you were bragging how the almighty DB admits he was a wrong not like the big bad wetsu. Talk is cheap. 

Just now, JohnnyFootball said:

3 vs 8 

Despite having 14 teams to your 10.

Still happened.  A couple Big12 teams lost to North Dakota State during their impressive run of national championships.  They’d prolly have beaten some sec teams as well.