State Championship Games at AT&T ~ Pods and Mask

Ronster23

My oldest grandson and I attended the games Wednesday, well the Mart/Windthorst game, all of Thursday's games, and the Argyle/Lindale on Friday. As you that attended are aware there was the pod seating (assigned) and mask requirements. I understand the reasoning behind these steps taken by the UIL and AT&T. I appreciate that the games were able to be played in a great venue. Wednesday the only tickets I could get were end zone level 200 (concourse), but almost all the TD's were on our end. Thursday, in order to get better seats I purchased four on the concourse level right on the aisle on the 30 yard line third row. That day it totally amazed me that despite AT&T putting up a statement on the big screen (see photo) and making numerous announcements, about 25 to 30 fans (many had already taken their seats) flooded the seats across the aisle from us and proceeded to bust the ties on the seats and packed in. I got hit ion the head twice from flying zip ties. After a little while about 5 or 6 security came asking to see their tickets on their phones. They told all of them that were not in their assigned seats (pod) they had to leave and sit where they were assigned. It was not only teens, but many adults also. I wondered how security was alerted and one told us they got a call from someone. Later during the day I saw on the big screen, people with UIL shirts on, earpieces for communication, and binoculars looking through them. Maybe it was one of the UIL officials who alerted security, but don't know for sure. I understand fans wanted better seats than what they had to purchase, but follow the rules. Hopefully, next year this will all pass and things can got back to normal. All the games were great this year that we saw. Three of the five games decided by one point! 

AT&T Sign.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 10:59 AM, Ronster23 said:

My oldest grandson and I attended the games Wednesday, well the Mart/Windthorst game, all of Thursday's games, and the Argyle/Lindale on Friday. As you that attended are aware there was the pod seating (assigned) and mask requirements. I understand the reasoning behind these steps taken by the UIL and AT&T. I appreciate that the games were able to be played in a great venue. Wednesday the only tickets I could get were end zone level 200 (concourse), but almost all the TD's were on our end. Thursday, in order to get better seats I purchased four on the concourse level right on the aisle on the 30 yard line third row. That day it totally amazed me that despite AT&T putting up a statement on the big screen (see photo) and making numerous announcements, about 25 to 30 fans (many had already taken their seats) flooded the seats across the aisle from us and proceeded to bust the ties on the seats and packed in. I got hit ion the head twice from flying zip ties. After a little while about 5 or 6 security came asking to see their tickets on their phones. They told all of them that were not in their assigned seats (pod) they had to leave and sit where they were assigned. It was not only teens, but many adults also. I wondered how security was alerted and one told us they got a call from someone. Later during the day I saw on the big screen, people with UIL shirts on, earpieces for communication, and binoculars looking through them. Maybe it was one of the UIL officials who alerted security, but don't know for sure. I understand fans wanted better seats than what they had to purchase, but follow the rules. Hopefully, next year this will all pass and things can got back to normal. All the games were great this year that we saw. Three of the five games decided by one point! 

AT&T Sign.jpg

Glad we had the games, but general public should not have had priority over parents/fans. Best seating available to our parents was level 300, end zone. Best seating available to fans was level 400. Should have split the sections of the stadium vertically, made 3 zones on sidelines available to school districts. Sold general admission in the end zones. Then, after an allotted time, left over tickets available to the public.

6 hours ago, Airitout1 said:

Glad we had the games, but general public should not have had priority over parents/fans. Best seating available to our parents was level 300, end zone. Best seating available to fans was level 400. Should have split the sections of the stadium vertically, made 3 zones on sidelines available to school districts. Sold general admission in the end zones. Then, after an allotted time, left over tickets available to the public.

So, were you a parent or a hometown fan? None of the parents were given a code for better seating?

On 12/21/2020 at 10:59 AM, Ronster23 said:

AT&T Sign.jpg

My group sat at the Carthage beat down of Gilmer & we were at the 330’s  in the mezzanine & there was no one closer than 20 feet of us. We thoroughly enjoyed the game! 
We watched the OU/Iowa State game the next day on television the very next day, & there were a great many more people at that game sitting much closer to one another...🤔🤑

1 hour ago, CarthDawg77 said:

My group sat at the Carthage beat down of Gilmer & we were at the 330’s  in the mezzanine & there was no one closer than 20 feet of us. We thoroughly enjoyed the game! 
We watched the OU/Iowa State game the next day on television the very next day, & there were a great many more people at that game sitting much closer to one another...🤔🤑

We sat in the section 312 for the Argyle/Lindale on the Argyle side there were some across and a couple in two rows in front, but mostly spread out. Did see one guy with a kid bust the tie on two seats four rows in front of us. He didn't need to do that because there were several open seats on the row, dumb.

7 hours ago, Ronster23 said:

So, were you a parent or a hometown fan? None of the parents were given a code for better seating?

No all code did was give 5 buck discount  i got tickets as soon as posted code thinking they may be for better seats but nothing was available  on first r second deck except endzones I ended up on 3rd deck bout 35 yd line really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be

• Like 1