• Colorado
    • Texas

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Little known SDC history fact. @KirtFalconand @RETIREDFAN1 both played in the first Alamo Bowl. They got beat by Santa Anna 42-7.

Do we really want to count a game where a lot of Santa Anna’s team decided to opt out lol.

I am soooooo tired of Texians recruiting ringers from out-of-state! Why not just call it the Republic of Texas at Virginia!  

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

As a longtime Longhorn fan, I hope this game is a blowout, one way or the other...…….If Colorado wins big, good chance we will get rid of Tommy...…...If Texas wins big, at least we head into the offseason with a good vibe.

Texas knows how to win an off season. They are a 17 time Offseason Big 12 Champion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, cotton84 said:

As a longtime Longhorn fan, I hope this game is a blowout, one way or the other...…….If Colorado wins big, good chance we will get rid of Tommy...…...If Texas wins big, at least we head into the offseason with a good vibe.

What if I told you that this is Herman’s last game regardless? 

9 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

What if I told you that this is Herman’s last game regardless? 

The CDC statement about Herman’s job wasn’t really supportive for anything past the Bowl game for Backpack Boy. The rumors about him wanting the South Carolina job. Him leaving wouldn’t be a shocker. Is target 1A getting the full court press again or is another option already lined up?

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

The CDC statement about Herman’s job wasn’t really supportive for anything past the Bowl game for Backpack Boy. The rumors about him wanting the South Carolina job. Him leaving wouldn’t be a shocker. Is target 1A getting the full court press again or is another option already lined up?

Honestly this search has been very quiet. Nobody knew Texas started having discussions with Meyer after the OU loss. Everyone assumed those talks started after the Iowa St loss and  Chip Brown is the only person reporting that Urban said no thanks and Texas would keep Herman. 

The rumors are that Texas won’t begin interviewing candidates until after the playoffs. I think they will take another shot at Urban after Ohio St is done.

Rumors flying around that they will talk to Brian Kelly after ND is done. The thought is that he’s reached his ceiling at ND, with academic restrictions and being in Indiana he’ll never get the type of athletes he needs to beat the Clemsons and Alabama’s. 

The other rumor I’ve seen is a current NFL OC. That has HC experience and is well connected instate. That name has been kept really quiet. 

Of course Mullen has been rumored but I don’t think that was from the Texas side and he just got hit with a show cause. 

10 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

The other rumor I’ve seen is a current NFL OC. That has HC experience and is well connected instate. That name has been kept really quiet. 

Gary Kubiak?

10 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Gary Kubiak?

That’s my guess, Texas baseball coach is his Bro-in-law. So I wouldn’t be totally surprised if he had some interest but he’s had bigger health issues than Urban and the ultimate question would a former Aggie cross over??

Just my guess

1 minute ago, JustAFan11 said:

That’s my guess, Texas baseball coach is his Bro-in-law. So I wouldn’t be totally surprised if he had some interest but he’s had bigger health issues than Urban and the ultimate question would a former Aggie cross over??

Just my guess

I believe Urban’s health issues are psychological 

29 minutes ago, topher805 said:

I heard that name come up a week or so ago. Interesting to say the least...

An Aggie in Austin would be very interesting.

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

Just my guess

Might turn his Aggie card. Then again the Goat of the horns came from the Sooners and they had old coaches before .