The Smoakhouse Forums

Domionion employee sues

9 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

So why did Newsmax and Fox air retractions? Did they lie? President Trump used the media to get free publicity. A fact that has been acknowledged. The more trouble he stirred the more air time he got. These are facts. To sit here and say all media is wrong EXCEPT the media you listen too is laughable. I use media with the least slant on here thought I will read newsmax, OAN, CNN, Fox, and various newspapers. That does not mean I believe every word nor am I so naive that I do not know they have a slant. The issue is President Trump says any news that is even remotely negative about him is fake and far too many people just believe him without doing their own fact check. Now most of CNN and Fox is about SHOWS not news, that is done for ratings. Carlson, Hannity, Cuomo, Lemon are all the same, just sideshow artist who talk for ratings not news. 

Newsmax and Fox did retractions because they have no proof to back the claims they made, not because of money like some suggest. 

Can you please link to these retractions you keep mentioning.  Did either news org formally retract any statements?  If so, please show us.

24 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

So why did Newsmax and Fox air retractions? Did they lie? One could certainly argue that. That doesn't mean all of their reporting is nefarious or inaccurate, either. Same with CNN. There's a difference in inaccurately reporting and inaccurately reporting maliciously.

President Trump used the media to get free publicity. A fact that has been acknowledged. So do most politicians and Presidents. Senators and Congresspeople don't appear on TV for no reason.

The more trouble he stirred the more air time he got. These are facts. See above.

To sit here and say all media is wrong EXCEPT the media you listen too is laughable. I actually agree with you on this.

I use media with the least slant on here thought I will read newsmax, OAN, CNN, Fox, and various newspapers. That does not mean I believe every word nor am I so naive that I do not know they have a slant. Good. I applaud you for that. I try to do that as well.

The issue is President Trump says any news that is even remotely negative about him is fake and far too many people just believe him without doing their own fact check. Likewise, people will often believe anything negative about him is automatically true, and anything positive is fake news.

Newsmax and Fox did retractions because they have no proof to back the claims they made, not because of money like some suggest. James O'Keefe has an entire thing on his site where he shows videos where news writers have had to retract stories about him. Most of them are (probably) Democrats. It's the same thing.

See my responses.

• Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Can you please link to these retractions you keep mentioning.  Did either news org formally retract any statements?  If so, please show us.

Just do a search you can watch each segment. Lou Dobbs and John Tobacco you will then say it is not a formal retraction, yet it is.  

24 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

Just do a search you can watch each segment. Lou Dobbs and John Tobacco you will then say it is not a formal retraction, yet it is.  

You're saying it....YOU provide the evidence. 🙄

16 hours ago, Old49er60 said:

See...that wasn't hard now was it. 

56 minutes ago, Old49er60 said:

No it wasnt. Remember that in the future and make sure you same the same to others.

Good. You admit it. 😁

I'll do what I want, son. 😉😏

1 hour ago, Old49er60 said:

Which it seems is threaten others

Evidence? 

14 hours ago, Old49er60 said:

Your own words. sit back enjoy Christmas eve. relax a little.

I have never been threatened by his comments; Have You?