Crosby vs. Huntsville

dme1111

Huntsville loves close playoff games the last few years.....

Lost today to Crosby 32-29 in OT.... Round 3
Won 35-34 over Marshall..... Round 3 in 2018 (I'll NEVER get over that loss.  Unforgivable.)
Lost 47-43 over FBM.....Round 4 in 2018

Coach Southern is a good one.  I wish him the best....most of the time.....lol.

Guest Cougar14
3 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

What were the clock management issues I have been reading about on the Huntsville side?  Did not watch the game just hearing that clock management hurt Huntsville.  

Huntsville made a couple of plays with less than a minute left in regulation that put them in long FG range. They had two timeouts but let almost 30 seconds run off the clock before they got a play off. Then ended up getting a delay of game, still having two timeouts left, that pushed them back from a 47 to 52 yard FG. That was the least of HHS' problems though. They fumbled like 6 or 7 times and lost three of them including a crucial late one. The also couldn't run the ball so they became one dimensional, had like 16 total rushing yards in the first half if I remember correctly? Crosby missed some XPs and a short FG due to the windy conditions or it would've been over in regulation. 

Well, I don’t think Huntsville wanted to leave Crosby any time left.  The kicker is normally pretty good. They got the ball to the Crosby 30, but then couldn’t get it any closer after a few incompletions.  The real time blunder was the delay of game on the 47 yard FG on the last play of regulation.  How does that happen?

On the prior Hornet drive in which it appeared they would take the lead,  they fumbled at the Crosby 20.  I think if Huntsville had scored there, they would have won.  The turnovers really were a huge factor in the game and Crosby won that battle and that’s why they are moving on to Round 4.