Another cop on a power trip

ctown81

4 hours ago, ctown81 said:

I'm sure some will defend this officer but this is ridiculous.

These A-holes need to be stripped of their badges & terminated, arrested & charged with assault, dereliction of duty, etc., Tried for their crimes & convicted before spending time in general population of a federal maximum security penitentiary.... Some people just cannot handle that kind of power.

1 minute ago, CarthDawg77 said:

These A-holes need to be stripped of their badges & terminated, arrested & charged with assault, dereliction of duty, etc., Tried for their crimes & convicted before spending time in general population of a federal maximum security penitentiary.... Some people just cannot handle that kind of power.

They don’t understand the laws they are supposed to uphold. Resisting is still not the way to go about it. Things only get worse. Let the cop arrest you, file charges and sue for damages. 

1 minute ago, Youngcoach123 said:

They don’t understand the laws they are supposed to uphold. Resisting is still not the way to go about it. Things only get worse. Let the cop arrest you, file charges and sue for damages. 

It isn’t against the law to roll up a car window as an officer approaches; This P.O.S. Officer is drunk on his own Power.🙄

4 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

I want you to think about it for a second. This is a very tame case compared to others. There is no way that I will sit there and let a cop just beat me because I don't want to resist arrest.granite I know it can cost me my life but the natural reaction is to fight back. Just like this guys natural reaction was not to let somebody take his phone.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Probably not but you were implying this happens every time. Systematic racism is about a believable as joe getting most votes in the history of presidents .  

Everytime? You're an idiot. I could have sworn this guy was white that got arrested. Maybe my eyes are wrong. Never said it happened every time. Hell I got pulled over this morning at 5:30 a.m. cop was cordial and nice and let me off with a warning.  Does Henderson know they're idiot is loose again?

Like alot of articles & videos, this was a only a short snippet of the whole story. With that being said...

The incident with the father is questionable. But, again we don't see or know the whole story. 

The part with the driver/son...based on short clip shown, I can't disagree with it. Tinted windows, it's an officer safety issue. Most people don't realize that on a traffic stop, you are being detained by that officer. So follow lawful orders. 

Pedestrians/Bystanders follow lawful orders and there's nothing to worry about. 

Regarding statements about police power trips...yep, I've seen it happen sometimes. A FEW officers let the badge/gun go to their head and its intoxicating to them and they feed off of it and want more. It's sad & unfortunate. MOST officers don't and are good officers. 

Just my biased opinion. 

2 hours ago, TTman7 said:

Like alot of articles & videos, this was a only a short snippet of the whole story. With that being said...

The incident with the father is questionable. But, again we don't see or know the whole story. 

The part with the driver/son...based on short clip shown, I can't disagree with it. Tinted windows, it's an officer safety issue. Most people don't realize that on a traffic stop, you are being detained by that officer. So follow lawful orders. 

Regarding statements about police power trips...yep, I've seen it happen sometimes. A FEW officers let the badge/gun go to their head and its intoxicating to them and they feed off of it and want more. It's sad & unfortunate. MOST officers don't and are good officers. 

Just my biased opinion. 

Seems to me the bystander was on the sidewalk with his phone and got sprayed SMH

23 minutes ago, JETT said:

Seems to me the bystander was on the sidewalk with his phone and got sprayed SMH

Yep...that's what it SEEMS. I said it was questionable. I'm not agreeing with it. We didn't see the whole incident. 

Btw...when did the father get pepper sprayed? Meaning, when during the incident? 

3 hours ago, TTman7 said:

Just my biased opinion. 

I agree with this; Most cops are good people , but there always to be that one bad egg that gives all of those good cops a bad name. Being a peace officer isn’t a job most people would want because in almost every case, they see people at their very worst. I fully support those who serve & protect others with honor...👌

• Thanks 2

I think both officers should be fired.  I have never heard of anyone getting a ticket for a wide turn especially in a neighborhood.  I see wide turns every day, but they have their blinkers on and they can easily change lines wile turning.  I can understand the law for cases where there are more than one or two lanes.  This was a residential area, and there are only two lanes.  I think he's going to win his case on the ticket, and with his lawsuit.  His father should have been left alone as well.  He did as the officer instructed and parked his car on the side of the road behind the officers patrol vehicle.  The cop was only mad, because he was filming him which he had every right to do so.  His partner should have told the arresting officer at the time that he wasn't going to follow his orders.  Now he's placed his job in jeopardy.  

5 hours ago, ctown81 said:

Everytime? You're an idiot. I could have sworn this guy was white that got arrested. Maybe my eyes are wrong. Never said it happened every time. Hell I got pulled over this morning at 5:30 a.m. cop was cordial and nice and let me off with a warning.  Does Henderson know they're idiot is loose again?

I can't watch Twitter videos on SDC so I went to You Tube :  

They appear to be Hispanic to me.  This shows enough to me that both officers should be fired and the city sued along with the officers.  I'm amazed that the cops didn't erase the film from his camera, because I'm sure they had it while they were in custody.  

5 hours ago, TTman7 said:

Just my biased opinion. 

Watch the You Tube video, and you'll see all the evidence you need.  His father the bystander followed orders and then was just standing there as he stated in the video.  There was no reason to even confront him much less pepper spray him.  The cops were in the wrong for starting the altercation.  He only wanted to film what was happening.  

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

Watch the You Tube video, and you'll see all the evidence you need.  His father the bystander followed orders and then was just standing there as he stated in the video.  There was no reason to even confront him much less pepper spray him.  The cops were in the wrong for starting the altercation.  He only wanted to film what was happening.  

Yep, very questionable on father. Would still be good to see entire situation, uninterrupted, for me to give a final opinion. But, he still resisted so pepper spray was reasonable. 

Son/driver was legit according to what I saw/heard in that short video. Traffic stops are a detainment, so handcuffs can be applied depending on the officer's discretion & situation. 

All traffic violations can get tickets. In Texas, there are only 3 traffic violations that you CANNOT be arrested for: regular speeding, open container, and texting while driving. 

Once again, just my biased view of it. 

9 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Rich coming from you . Your posts say what you are and what you think. Race shouldn’t be a factor and you always were the one to pull that card.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's documented on this thread that you were the one who brought race up. So.....idiot your way out of this one.