Heisman Finalists

Stoney

19 hours ago, Valhalla said:

You have to think that the 3 Alabama guys in top 5 will draw votes away from each other somewhat.

That is what typically happens when teammates are that close together.

Jones/Smith will split the SEC vote. Trask a distant fourth. 

Lawrence wins big thanks to all the free publicity related to the NFL draft. 

On 12/24/2020 at 7:24 PM, Valhalla said:

Smith should win even though it will probably be Trask or Jones.

I really like the growth of Trask.  I don’t think he was the best player this year.  I lean more towards Jones winning it although I agree with your top 3.  

I would go 1. Smith, 2. Jones, 3. Trask, 4. #Tank4Trevor

20 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

If smith deserves it, Jordan Shipley should’ve won it in 2008.  Or Michael Crabtree. 

Hey you got just as many votes as I do. Just sharing my thoughts. But it’s worth remembering that the guy that won it in 2008 played a full schedule. 

3 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Hey you got just as many votes as I do. Just sharing my thoughts. But it’s worth remembering that the guy that won it in 2008 played a full schedule. 

Its supposed to be an award for the best player in college football.  It has become a media favorite award.  

17 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Its supposed to be an award for the best player in college football.  It has become a media favorite award.  

Which is why I’m advocating Devonta Smith. He’s had a better season than Trevor Lawrence. See? That wasn’t so hard, was it? 

If Lawrence wins this it is only because they want to give him one to cap off his career. He has not been the best player or the most deserving player this season. 

Its a chicken and egg argument for Mac Jones or Smith, but I'd give it to Smith. What he stepped up and did after waddle went down is noteworthy and deserving. 

20 minutes ago, WETSU said:

If Lawrence wins this it is only because they want to give him one to cap off his career. He has not been the best player or the most deserving player this season. 

Its a chicken and egg argument for Mac Jones or Smith, but I'd give it to Smith. What he stepped up and did after waddle went down is noteworthy and deserving. 

You’re crazy. 

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

So stats make you the best player?  That just shows production.  Trask has a lot of production.  

Not just stats. Smith has made more big plays in big situations for his team this season. Lawrence has made one big play in a crucial situation. The rest of their schedule is total garbage. His numbers are not better than Mac Jones, and Jones had played against better defenses. But again, you and I have the same number of votes. 

7 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Not just stats. Smith has made more big plays in big situations for his team this season. Lawrence has made one big play in a crucial situation. The rest of their schedule is total garbage. His numbers are not better than Mac Jones, and Jones had played against better defenses. But again, you and I have the same number of votes. 

Those sec defenses look real tough this year.  The championship game showcased 1300 yds and 98 points from its top 2 teams.  That playing against better defenses is garbage.  Strength of schedule is close, Bama is 1st and Clemson is 3rd.  If Clemson’s schedule is garbage nobody plays a tough one

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Those sec defenses look real tough this year.  The championship game showcased 1300 yds and 98 points from its top 2 teams.  That playing against better defenses is garbage.  Strength of schedule is close, Bama is 1st and Clemson is 3rd.  If Clemson’s schedule is garbage nobody plays a tough one

I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree. 

53 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I understand facts.  You made the far fetched claim and were called on it.  And found to be proven absolutely wrong.  Merry Christmas though

The far-fetched claim that Clemson played a garbage schedule? Exactly what powerhouses did they play? They have no more good wins in this garbage season than anyone else. Mac Jones would have the same record at Clemson starting the games that Lawrence has started.  I get that you hate BAMA, but that doesn’t really make you special. Lots of people hate BAMA, especially fans of teams that stay in a slump for years after losing to BAMA. I’m thinking ‘09 Texas, ‘11 LSU, ‘12 Notre Dame, ‘15 Michigan State, ‘17 Florida State. Trevor Lawrence may very well win the Heisman. Like I said, he’s one of the best to ever play the game, and I mean in a category with Peyton Manning, Kenny Stabler, and DeShaun Watson. This race is much like the ‘09 race when there were multiple worthy candidates. I’ll admit that my opinion might be somewhat biased. But if Devonta Smith or Mac Jones wins it, they will have earned it as well. 

• Like 1