Heisman Finalists

Stoney

6 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

The far-fetched claim that Clemson played a garbage schedule? Exactly what powerhouses did they play? They have no more good wins in this garbage season than anyone else. Mac Jones would have the same record at Clemson starting the games that Lawrence has started.  I get that you hate BAMA, but that doesn’t really make you special. Lots of people hate BAMA, especially fans of teams that stay in a slump for years after losing to BAMA. I’m thinking ‘09 Texas, ‘11 LSU, ‘12 Notre Dame, ‘15 Michigan State, ‘17 Florida State. Trevor Lawrence may very well win the Heisman. Like I said, he’s one of the best to ever play the game, and I mean in a category with Peyton Manning, Kenny Stabler, and DeShaun Watson. This race is much like the ‘09 race when there were multiple worthy candidates. I’ll admit that my opinion might be somewhat biased. But if Devonta Smith or Mac Jones wins it, they will have earned it as well. 

You called the 3rd ranked strength of schedule garbage.  If that’s garbage then nobody plays a tough schedule.  Mac Jones is not dynamic.  He is more of a game manager like McElroy or McCarron.  No way is he the best player in the country.  Yes, smith is really good, but not worth being declared the best player in the country.  Your opinion is extremely biased, calling Clemson’s schedule garbage shows you don’t pay attention to anything but Bama.  Lots of folks are claiming the ACC is the toughest conference this year.  I’d agree

6 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

You called the 3rd ranked strength of schedule garbage.  If that’s garbage then nobody plays a tough schedule.  Mac Jones is not dynamic.  He is more of a game manager like McElroy or McCarron.  No way is he the best player in the country.  Yes, smith is really good, but not worth being declared the best player in the country.  Your opinion is extremely biased, calling Clemson’s schedule garbage shows you don’t pay attention to anything but Bama.  Lots of folks are claiming the ACC is the toughest conference this year.  I’d agree

We don’t know which conference is the toughest. We haven’t seen enough competition between the conferences to know which one is stronger than the other. Any “claims” are just pure speculation. All we do know is that BAMA is the best team in the SEC, Clemson is the best in the ACC, OU is the best in the Big12, and Ohio State plays politics better than Joe Biden. 

11 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Being the best player is supposed to have nothing to do with this award.

Was he the best player this year?  Do his stats and his play support that?

If so, give them the trophy.

Trevor Lawerence is the best player in college football this year.  His stats won't support that due to the game(s) he missed.  

I don't give a crap about SOS.  If there is a player that dominated every game against inferior players and played good to great against equal or greater competition, then I vote for that guy.

10 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

We don’t know which conference is the toughest. We haven’t seen enough competition between the conferences to know which one is stronger than the other. Any “claims” are just pure speculation. All we do know is that BAMA is the best team in the SEC, Clemson is the best in the ACC, OU is the best in the Big12, and Ohio State plays politics better than Joe Biden. 

How can you tell who is the toughest conference with only conference games and fcs and craptastic G5 opponents?  That’s what we see every year in the sec, but you guys like to crown them the toughest.  Are those claims just pure speculation too then?

9 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Being the best player is supposed to have nothing to do with this award.

Was he the best player this year?  Do his stats and his play support that?

If so, give them the trophy.

Trevor Lawerence is the best player in college football this year.  His stats won't support that due to the game(s) he missed.  

I don't give a #### about SOS.  If there is a player that dominated every game against inferior players and played good to great against equal or greater competition, then I vote for that guy.

I wasn’t using SOS to prop him up, just arguing against true’s claim that Clemson played nobody.  Typical sec homer 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

How can you tell who is the toughest conference with only conference games and fcs and craptastic G5 opponents?  That’s what we see every year in the sec, but you guys like to crown them the toughest.  Are those claims just pure speculation too then?

You sound like a broke record with that crap. You use every thread to hate on one conference, when pretty much every conference has basically the same scheduling practices. Big12 teams schedule FCS teams as well. Go  hook up your VCR and watch your tape of Vince Young’s TD against USC over and over again. 

2 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

You sound like a broke record with that ####. You use every thread to hate on one conference, when pretty much every conference has basically the same scheduling practices. Big12 teams schedule FCS teams as well. Go  hook up your VCR and watch your tape of Vince Young’s TD against USC over and over again. 

Then how can you claim conference domination?

16 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I wasn’t using SOS to prop him up, just arguing against true’s claim that Clemson played nobody.  Typical sec homer 

Oh, the ACC was hands down the best conference in college football this year.

You sound like a broke record with that ####. You use every thread to hate on one conference, when pretty much every conference has basically the same scheduling practices. Big12 teams schedule FCS teams as well. Go  hook up your VCR and watch your tape of Vince Young’s TD against USC over and over again. 

You're wasting your time on a fence post.

21 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Oh, the ACC was hands down the best conference in college football this year.

Based on what? Who have they beaten besides each other? Are you basing this on their stellar history? With Notre Dame there this year, there are four teams with a pulse. 

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

Based on what? Who have they beaten besides each other? Are you basing this on their stellar history? With Notre Dame there this year, there are four teams with a pulse. 

The SEC is the worst that it has been in decades.  Who has the SEC played?  The good teams didn’t play anyone with a pulse out of conference.  Alabama didn’t even have a real challenger this year.  Georgia was an after thought almost all year.  Florida fell off the map late.  A&M was stellar but on the same level as Notre Dame.  LSU sucked this year.  All the MS schools were awful.  Vandy and So Carolina were laughable.  

ACC has 2 playoff teams.  A good North Carolina team.  Miami who looked stellar most of the year.  NC State who was solid.  Then you had your 6 middle of the pack schools and then 4 bottom dwellers.  

10 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

The SEC is the worst that it has been in decades.  Who has the SEC played?  The good teams didn’t play anyone with a pulse out of conference.  Alabama didn’t even have a real challenger this year.  Georgia was an after thought almost all year.  Florida fell off the map late.  A&M was stellar but on the same level as Notre Dame.  LSU sucked this year.  All the MS schools were awful.  Vandy and So Carolina were laughable.  

ACC has 2 playoff teams.  A good North Carolina team.  Miami who looked stellar most of the year.  NC State who was solid.  Then you had your 6 middle of the pack schools and then 4 bottom dwellers.  

You just made my point. The only OOC matchups we’ll see between P5 teams this year will be bowl season. We will get to see the #2 SEC team vs the #3 SEC team, but after A&M pounds North Carolina, we’re gonna hear “but they had all those opt-outs!” If BAMA, as the experts expect, woodsheds Notre Dame, we’ll hear “ND really isn’t IN the ACC.” The only comparison we have at this point is the eye test. 

Let's play a game Let's match them up:

SEC  v  ACC

1 Bama  v  1  Clemson
2  Notre Dame  v 2  A&M  (technically this should be Florida but we won't)
3  Florida  v  3  Miami
4  Georgia  v  4 North Carolina
5  Auburn  v  5 NC State
6  Missouri  v  6  Boston College
7  LSU  v  7  Pitt
8  Kentucky   v  8  Va Tech
9  Ole MIss  v  9 Virginia
10  Arkansas   v  10  Wake
11  Tennessee  v  11 Ga Tech
12  Ms State  v  12  Louisville
13  South Carolina  v  13 Florida St
Worst- Vanderbilt  v  Syracuse

Now looking at those top 4 games, I would call them all even and give Georgia a slight edge.  Look at the next 4 though.  When you are comparing the strength of the conference I judge it on the middle of the pack.   I would give 3 of those games to the ACC.  The bottom 6 are absolutely awful teams.  Say what you want about Arkansas's heart and Ole Miss offense and Mike Leech etc... those teams will lose and not even compete with the top teams in the group of 5 conferences so they don't really factor in.

If I were to project to next year, the SEC is going to dominate college football.  Bama, A&M, Georgia, Florida, LSU, Ole Miss, and Kentucky project to improvement.  ACC is going to drop in talent, Clemson losing the QB, ND going back indy, UNC was upper classman heavy.  Miami is the only team that should improve towards the top.  B10, Ohio St will be good but will drop some in talent at QB.  No one else there looked even remotely impressive.  B12 will look good with OU, but the top will likely be the same as it has been.  A mix of OU, OSU, and Texas/K State fighting for the top 4 with only 1 of them being great at the end of the year.  The PAC12 is still a mess.  I like some the talent that direction, but I see the way they handled COVID this year turning a lot of top athletes away.  

Arguing with me is pointless.  I just completely explained why I think the ACC was the better conference in full detail.  Any questions or objections just refer back to this post.  

And losing your 💩 over us disagreeing with you is a bit immature.  Especially since I have always been a fan of SEC football and I would still prefer to watch Vandy vs South Carolina over Clemson vs Boston College any day of the week.

You just made my point. The only OOC matchups we’ll see between P5 teams this year will be bowl season. We will get to see the #2 SEC team vs the #3 SEC team, but after A&M pounds North Carolina, we’re gonna hear “but they had all those opt-outs!” If BAMA, as the experts expect, woodsheds Notre Dame, we’ll hear “ND really isn’t IN the ACC.” The only comparison we have at this point is the eye test. 

That is all we have EVERY YEAR!!!  Judging a week 1 game with Alabama vs Louisville and calling it SEC dominance over the ACC is stupid as ####.  

12 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

That is all we have EVERY YEAR!!!  Judging a week 1 game with Alabama vs Louisville and calling it SEC dominance over the ACC is stupid as ####.  

Unless Covid wrecks it, we’re gonna see BAMA vs Miami in a season opener for 21. Florida State was ranked #2 when BAMA played them in 17. That didn’t age well. 

Unless Covid wrecks it, we’re gonna see BAMA vs Miami in a season opener for 21. Florida State was ranked #2 when BAMA played them in 17. That didn’t age well. 

Exactly.  The ACC was also awful that year minus Clemson.  Miami, even improved, will be nowhere close to Bama's level.  There are only 2 teams that we can count on having talent to match Bama yearly... that is Clemson and Ohio State.  Next year, A&M should challenge them, Florida will challenge them.  I can't think of any other school in the Nation that will hang with Bama other than those 4 in 2021.  

7 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Exactly.  The ACC was also awful that year minus Clemson.  Miami, even improved, will be nowhere close to Bama's level.  There are only 2 teams that we can count on having talent to match Bama yearly... that is Clemson and Ohio State.  Next year, A&M should challenge them, Florida will challenge them.  I can't think of any other school in the Nation that will hang with Bama other than those 4 in 2021.  

I’m expecting BAMA to take a step back next season. We’re just replacing too much talent on offense. We’ll be good, but I can see dropping a couple of games. I think 21 is A&M’s best chance to win the west. 

• LOL! 2

22 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

My point. Psychic here. 

No, my point is Smith is not deserving of a Heisman. Take him off the team and Bama has the exact same record. They simply plug another 5 star WR in. Lawrence should be the winner. We saw firsthand on the 2 Notre Dame games how deserving he is. The SEC Homer's on this board are blinded.....

13 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Your dominant team for a decade will play maybe the 4-5th best team from the ACC and you’re crowing about it now.  You must be worried about Clemson this year

4 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

No, my point is Smith is not deserving of a Heisman. Take him off the team and Bama has the exact same record. They simply plug another 5 star WR in. Lawrence should be the winner. We saw firsthand on the 2 Notre Dame games how deserving he is. The SEC Homer's on this board are blinded.....

Clueless

• Like 1