Heisman Finalists

Stoney

10 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Your Clueless Bama boy! Watch some other teams and games. Its amazing what happens when you open your eyes. 

He doesn’t realize his own offense will be light years ahead with the young qb taking over next year.  It’ll make him ask “Mac who”???

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

It’s supposed to be the best player in college football.  For a while it was the Bama RB award, then the Lincoln Riley QB rehab award.  

I don’t think it’s ever been the “BAMA RB Award.” That’s just plain stupid. BAMA has two Heisman winners in history. Mark Ingram in ‘09 and Derrick Henry in ‘15. Ingram beat out a crowded field of QBs that included Tim Tebow (who probably would have gotten his second in a row had his team beaten BAMA in the SECCG) and Colt McCoy, who probably deserved the award as much as Ingram. Henry won it on the strength of back to back beastly performances in the Iron Bowl and the SECCG. But you do bring up an interesting point. Since 2008, at least 4 Heisman winners have had their “Heisman moment” in games against Alabama. Tebow in ‘08. Cam Newton in ‘10. Johnny Manzeil in ‘12. Joe Burrow in ‘19. Add in Ingram and Henry and that’s 7 guys in 12 years that won it playing for or against Alabama. That is impressive. 

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

I don’t think it’s ever been the “BAMA RB Award.” That’s just plain stupid. BAMA has two Heisman winners in history. Mark Ingram in ‘09 and Derrick Henry in ‘15. Ingram beat out a crowded field of QBs that included Tim Tebow (who probably would have gotten his second in a row had his team beaten BAMA in the SECCG) and Colt McCoy, who probably deserved the award as much as Ingram. Henry won it on the strength of back to back beastly performances in the Iron Bowl and the SECCG. But you do bring up an interesting point. Since 2008, at least 4 Heisman winners have had their “Heisman moment” in games against Alabama. Tebow in ‘08. Cam Newton in ‘10. Johnny Manzeil in ‘12. Joe Burrow in ‘19. Add in Ingram and Henry and that’s 7 guys in 12 years that won it playing for or against Alabama. That is impressive. 

My bad, I thought Richardson won it too.  

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I hope Ed Orgeron was watching to see the whole town of Amite Louisiana wearing crimson and houndstooth and yelling ROLL TIDE. 

This isn't the kid that his mom lost her mind when he chose Bama over LSU right?

That would be the funniest stuff ever.

• LOL! 1