Longview Lobo Football Scheduling 2021

Quick

Since Lufkin has been brought into this conversation.  Lufkin has a similar problem traditionally playing Nacogdoches every year.  The difference with Lufkin football now, is we have almost retro graded down to the playing level of Nacogdoches.    Most fans in Lufkin are tired of playing Longview and Nacogdoches regularly.  We too would like to see fresher opponent or two in non district, just for something different.  The issue may be the associations that Lufkin, Longview and Nacogdoches have playing each other in the Middle School football.  it's very convenient and it also promotes the reasoning behind the Varsity teams scheduling each other over the years.  Coaches tend to do that to make those games easier.   Does Longview and Marshall have a similar Middle school football connection?

As far as playing tougher non district opponents, it hasn't done JT any good doing that the past few years.

12 hours ago, PackAttack said:

Does Longview and Marshall have a similar Middle school football connection?

Nope. Our 3 teams play each other, then Lufkin's teams and Tyler's teams. I can't even remember the last time any of our middle school squads played a team from Marshall. I believe we played Nac's teams as well here and there.

12 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Nope. Our 3 teams play each other, then Lufkin's teams and Tyler's teams. I can't even remember the last time any of our middle school squads played a team from Marshall. I believe we played Nac's teams as well here and there.

I know the Kamden Perry/Jessie Anderson group played Marshall when they were in MS. But its not common. 

12 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I bet Longview gets told no quite often. Part of it is geography. Not many teams of high caliber willing to travel to East Texas. Longview really has limited options in being creative. The neutral sites seems the only way.  I would love too see them play some blue bloods .

I love the neutral site games tbh. This past year's game vs West Brook was as fun as could be.

Playing Abilene those two years was a blast. Even playing West Monroe in Shreveport is fun, when we're not apart of the Battle on the Border.

• Like 1