Tyler High Football 2021

NODAYSOFFTX

What y’all think about this one, I don’t expect much difference but a plus for more experience but still need a QB. What do we have coming up? @JTFAN99 @CUJONATION83 @3rdcoastent @cujoforlife

way too early schedule prediction

At Texas High- flip that one possibly a W? 
Vs Tyler Legacy- L Miller and donnel will be too much

Vs Nac- I think an easy W

Vs Horn- I think horn takes this one. L

Vs North- don’t know what they have coming- but since we’re at home give us the dub W 

At West- I think another W

Vs- East- close but another W since we at home

At- Highland Park- BIG YIKES L

Vs- Sherman- I know there subs were pretty bad they weren’t bringing much back, so dub, W

At Longview, another yikes even though we play well at lobo, L

early record- 6-4? I think that would be really good for them, any more wins pass that and they would exceed expectation IMO. 

49 minutes ago, ANTI said:

3-7.

I think Sanchez can muster wins over Nac, West Mesquite and Sherman.

Maybe McKinney North depending on how they adjust to losing JJ Henry so 4-6 tops.

I think Wylie east will be enough for a win, defense will be good enough to hold i think, Texas high depends on what they have coming back, cause I mean they finally beat us for the first time in almost a decade

I don't know what they will do to be honest. On paper they should be better, but who knows. I didn't see any improvement with this team at the end of this past season that makes me excited about next yr.  

They do have alot of players coming back. Sanchez at QB, McFall at RB, All of the WR's and 4 starters on O-line. Problem is that O-line didn't block well this yr despite being 2 yr starters and we know what Sanchez will be. Both O-line and QB need to improve alot over the summer. 

D-line has 3-4 guys back that played alot, but they are all DE's. Another 3-4 LB's return, and Woods little brother return at CB along with Tatum at Safety. Like the offense, didn't see much on def that would make me excited. 

Team has alot of individual young talent, like McFall, Wade and Potts at WR, Woods little brother at CB, Tave and Sanford at DE, but will they put it together is the big question. 

I say they will win about 4-5 games, finish 4th in district.

9 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

I don't know what they will do to be honest. On paper they should be better, but who knows. I didn't see any improvement with this team at the end of this past season that makes me excited about next yr.  

They do have alot of players coming back. Sanchez at QB, McFall at RB, All of the WR's and 4 starters on O-line. Problem is that O-line didn't block well this yr despite being 2 yr starters and we know what Sanchez will be. Both O-line and QB need to improve alot over the summer. 

D-line has 3-4 guys back that played alot, but they are all DE's. Another 3-4 LB's return, and Woods little brother return at CB along with Tatum at Safety. Like the offense, didn't see much on def that would make me excited. 

Team has alot of individual young talent, like McFall, Wade and Potts at WR, Woods little brother at CB, Tave and Sanford at DE, but will they put it together is the big question. 

I say they will win about 4-5 games, finish 4th in district.

They should give Zack an opportunity to play qb. He did play qb for Moore. He split time with Aeryn his 7th grade year. Of course Aeryn won out his 8th grade year. I believe Zack has all the tools to play qb for JT. He already stands at 5"11 as a freshman. That's great height headed into his sophomore year. He is liable to hit a growth spurt over the summer. He has been working out with his older brother. I truly believe he can get the job done. 

I see JT as being a 3-4 win team next year. 

On 12/30/2020 at 12:13 AM, cujoforlife said:

It’s hard for me to say this, but, I don’t see anything being any different than what we saw this past season. If that happens. Tisd should look to get rid of him. If not then I guess they got Tyler were they want them. 

With a slight scheme change....I can easily see y'all being a 3 seed behind HP/LV. 

If its me, I'm switching JTs base offense. 20-21 personnel in the gun...11-21 personnel from under center. All that 4WR stuff from the gun would get scrapped. Sanchez would become a handoff king, and the passing game would be created off the run. (PA).

We'll see if Holmes has it in him but if not, you better hope Sanchez gets way better this offseason. I think y'all have talent all around Sanchez but because QB dictates everything in the scheme chosen, it doesn't even matter.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, VonG said:

They should give Zack an opportunity to play qb. He did play qb for Moore. He split time with Aeryn his 7th grade year. Of course Aeryn won out his 8th grade year. I believe Zack has all the tools to play qb for JT. He already stands at 5"11 as a freshman. That's great height headed into his sophomore year. He is liable to hit a growth spurt over the summer. He has been working out with his older brother. I truly believe he can get the job done. 

I see JT as being a 3-4 win team next year. 

Zach?  what about the kid from Boulter who was varsity this yr.

12 hours ago, ANTI said:

With a slight scheme change....I can easily see y'all being a 3 seed behind HP/LV. 

If its me, I'm switching JTs base offense. 20-21 personnel in the gun...11-21 personnel from under center. All that 4WR stuff from the gun would get scrapped. Sanchez would become a handoff king, and the passing game would be created off the run. (PA).

We'll see if Holmes has it in him but if not, you better hope Sanchez gets way better this offseason. I think y'all have talent all around Sanchez but because QB disctates everything in the scheme chosen, it doesn't even matter.

yep.  This system is all about having a great qb. They don't have a dominating O-line and the best players on this team are the skill position guys. Need a good qb to get them the ball. Need Sanchez to improve alot this summer.  Also think its time to change D-Coordinator, but its unlikely to happen.

21 hours ago, ANTI said:

We'll see if Holmes has it in him but if not, you better hope Sanchez gets way better this offseason. I think y'all have talent all around Sanchez but because QB disctates everything in the scheme chosen, it doesn't even matter.

You have to have a good Offensive line for a good running game to work. From the things that I saw this season. It would be more of the same. Would it make things easier on Sanchez yes, but they could not run the ball this season out of the gun. What make you think that they can do it from under center?

9 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

yep.  This system is all about having a great qb. They don't have a dominating O-line and the best players on this team are the skill position guys. Need a good qb to get them the ball. Need Sanchez to improve alot this summer.  Also think its time to change D-Coordinator, but its unlikely to happen.

If he has been there Ratliff. He isn’t going to anywhere. He is going to retire from Tyler high. He is the oldest coach on at Tyler High. I don’t think that he just wants to teach and that’s it. We need like Pulaski academy. He knows what type of players that he has, and he does things on offense that puts what he has in great position to score. He defense was small, and he knew that he would give up points, and his players where almost always where they needed to be to make a play. They schemed the heck out of Legacy.

13 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

You have to have a good Offensive line for a good running game to work. From the things that I saw this season. It would be more of the same. Would it make things easier on Sanchez yes, but they could not run the ball this season out of the gun. What make you think that they can do it from under center?

I think the point he is making is that under the current Tyler system, you have to have a very good qb to be effective.  They don't, so best to maybe go to something that can eat up clock and shorten the game, which will give them a better chance to win.

But who knows, maybe qb play improves alot over the summer. 

22 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

This is why I said 20-21, 11-21 personnel bro.

That extra guy can help with blocking. Not to mention, OL tend to have a little more leverage when running from under C.

Either way, the current system in place straight up doesnt work because there is no QB.

6 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

If he has been there Ratliff. He isn’t going to anywhere. He is going to retire from Tyler high. He is the oldest coach on at Tyler High. I don’t think that he just wants to teach and that’s it. We need like Pulaski academy. He knows what type of players that he has, and he does things on offense that puts what he has in great position to score. He defense was small, and he knew that he would give up points, and his players where almost always where they needed to be to make a play. They schemed the heck out of Legacy.

I'm not sure he there when Ratliff was there. I believe Rush was the Def coordinator under Ratliff and Thomas Brooks, but I could be wrong.  But Coach Anderson has been there for over 10 years.  I'm sure he will retire there too.

13 hours ago, ANTI said:
13 hours ago, ANTI said:

That extra guy can help with blocking. Not to mention, OL tend to have a little more leverage when running from under C.

Either way, the current system in place straight up doesnt work because there is no QB.

13 hours ago, ANTI said:

No it isn’t working I don’t think he has the mind to be able to change system. A pro style offense could work

I’ve said many times Sanchez isn’t the best qb jt has on the team he could play wr I think but the first thing they have to do is find a qb that can throw down field and can just run enough so I think 4 wins is not to far fetched if Sanchez is still the qb but if they change the offense from the spread run something like Longview runs maybe he can be better but if they gone keep running spread they have to test out some other qbs

Holmes is not gonna change anything because it Holmes. He can not win a game next year and he will still blame everybody but himself that’s why it won’t change. He sees no wrong doing by him. Which it is why will it will be another season like we just had.