USA Today National Rankings, All Classifications in One

HearEmaGrowlin

This is pretty cool to see these USA Today Top 25 national rankings, which include all classifications all together.

I’d have GP North Shore at least ranked #2 if not #1 and obviously you’d have Euless Trinity ranked ahead of Allen. I believe this ranking may be from a week ago.

https://thelistwire.usatoday.com/lists/usa-today-sports-super-25-high-school-football-rankings-week-17/

Just now, bansheefan03 said:

As a dawg fan its cool but also know its cause alot of states didn't have highscool football so alot of teams were not included because  of  that 

And they don’t realize just how many good 6A and 5A teams the state of Texas has - from a Dawg fan as well. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

This is pretty cool to see these USA Today Top 25 national rankings, which include all classifications all together.

I’d have GP North Shore at least ranked #2 if not #1 and obviously you’d have Euless Trinity ranked ahead of Allen. I believe this ranking may be from a week ago.

https://thelistwire.usatoday.com/lists/usa-today-sports-super-25-high-school-football-rankings-week-17/

I agree, North Shore has beaten Dunc the last 2 years and IMG skull $(&#ed Dunc earlier in the season to the tune of 41-14.

• Like 1

Very cool to see some national recognition and I do think it’s deserved. This was perhaps the best team of Carthage’s 8 state champion teams. Certainly the best defense. It’s hard for me to decide if I think it was the best offense they have had, but tying record for points in 4A championship game and setting the record for yards was a big swaying point for me on the offense. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Very cool to see some national recognition and I do think it’s deserved. This was perhaps the best team of Carthage’s 8 state champion teams. Certainly the best defense. It’s hard for me to decide if I think it was the best offense they have had, but tying record for points in 4A championship game and setting the record for yards was a big swaying point for me on the offense. 

I believe the defense this year was definitely the best.

The offense was great too, but that 2017 offense was something to behold. The RB, the wide receivers and Capps at QB fit well into that offense and delivered the ball to the playmakers. Capps was actually very accurate and accurate on his deep passes. He also threw probably the tightest spiral of any of the Surratt Era quarterbacks. 
It’s an interesting topic to discuss, which of the eight were the best overall team. All just a matter of opinion, but a fun topic to kick around.

Go Dawgs

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I believe the defense this year was definitely the best.

The offense was great too, but that 2017 offense was something to behold. The RB, the wide receivers and Capps at QB fit well into that offense and delivered the ball to the playmakers. Capps was actually very accurate and accurate on his deep passes. He also threw probably the tightest spiral of any of the Surratt Era quarterbacks. 
It’s an interesting topic to discuss, which of the eight were the best overall team. All just a matter of opinion, but a fun topic to kick around.

Go Dawgs

I do think Capps and his receivers had better timing for sure. They didn’t miss on as many deep shots as this years team did.

• Like 1

I have often thought about how I would rank the Dawg teams. 
This is my opinion only. 
Number (1) 2020 Dawgs because of the best Defense in Dawg history. 
Number (2) 2017 Great offense and Defense. 
Number (3) 2019 Had the best O line in Dawg history. 
Number (4) 2008 Dwight Smith. 
Number (5) 2010. 
Number (6) 2013. 
Number (7) 2009. 
Number (8) 2016 This Dawg team will always be known as the cardiac kids and my favorite. They just refused to loose and aged me ten years. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I have often thought about how I would rank the Dawg teams. 
This is my opinion only. 
Number (1) 2020 Dawgs because of the best Defense in Dawg history. 
Number (2) 2017 Great offense and Defense. 
Number (3) 2019 Had the best O line in Dawg history. 
Number (4) 2008 Dwight Smith. 
Number (5) 2010. 
Number (6) 2013. 
Number (7) 2009. 
Number (8) 2016 This Dawg team will always be known as the cardiac kids and my favorite. They just refused to loose and aged me ten years. 

I'd put the 2008 season at #1 just because it was the championship that launched Surratt and the Bulldogs into a dynasty.

• Like 2