USA Today National Rankings, All Classifications in One

HearEmaGrowlin

On 12/30/2020 at 8:52 AM, mikehoncho said:

Very cool to see some national recognition and I do think it’s deserved. This was perhaps the best team of Carthage’s 8 state champion teams. Certainly the best defense. It’s hard for me to decide if I think it was the best offense they have had, but tying record for points in 4A championship game and setting the record for yards was a big swaying point for me on the offense. 

This is a joke. Carthage isn't Top 25 in Texas much less the Country. These national rankings are absurd. Carthage would be an average to above average 6A team. Nothing special if they were playing against the big boys. Great small school team. 

• Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 2

33 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

This is a joke. Carthage isn't Top 25 in Texas much less the Country. These national rankings are absurd. Carthage would be an average to above average 6A team. Nothing special if they were playing against the big boys. Great small school team. 

I think average to above average in a classification way bigger than 4A Div 2 is a compliment. So thanks!

I’m not saying that for sure Carthage should be considered in the top 25 teams in the country. I’m saying it’s cool to get that kind of recognition and that big recognition is deserved for what they have done as a program in 14 years but also with the special dominant run this years team had. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Bigger doesn’t always mean better. Pretty sure there are some 6a that can get the business handed to them no matter what class. Carthage wouldn’t win the championship in higher classification but completely dismissed them despite the accomplishment isn’t accurate at all.

I think that's the perfect way of putting it.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mikehoncho said:

I think average to above average in a classification way bigger than 4A Div 2 is a compliment. So thanks!

I’m not saying that for sure Carthage should be considered in the top 25 teams in the country. I’m saying it’s cool to get that kind of recognition and that big recognition is deserved for what they have done as a program in 14 years but also with the special dominant run this years team had. 

I think any program that wins 8 state titles in 13 years in Texas deserves at least an "also receiving votes" when it comes to top 25 teams in the country. 

Any debate about what they could or couldn't do in other classifications is academic. You don't win 8 rings with luck. Carthage deserves the hype. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

There is an East Texas connection at #3. Saint Joseph’s Prep is lead on the defensive side by Jeremiah Trotter Jr.  His dad graduated from Hooks and SFA and had a long career in the NFL. He is committed to Clemson as a linebacker. There is another Trotter (Josiah) who will be playing for Saint Joseph’s Prep in the following years. 

5 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Bigger doesn’t always mean better. Pretty sure there are some 6a that can get the business handed to them no matter what class. Carthage wouldn’t win the championship in higher classification but completely dismissed them despite the accomplishment isn’t accurate at all.

This doesn't make any sense. No way in the world that Carthage is Top 25 in Texas much less the whole United States. You homers are hilarious. Delusional bro....

• Stinks 1

4 hours ago, LOL said:

I think any program that wins 8 state titles in 13 years in Texas deserves at least an "also receiving votes" when it comes to top 25 teams in the country. 

Any debate about what they could or couldn't do in other classifications is academic. You don't win 8 rings with luck. Carthage deserves the hype. 

Why do they deserve anything? They are the best program in 4A and have State Championship to prove it. This is like saying Mary Hardin Baylor with the National Championships they have won in Division 3 is one of the Top 25 programs in all of College football. You don't really believe they are one of the best teams in all of Texas do you? Much less the Country? If so you Carthage boys are deranged 

• Stinks 1

5 hours ago, LOL said:

Teams? No

Program? Yes. 

Eagleborn be all kinds of lathered up about this ranking by USA Today. 
This isn’t a ranking deranged Carthage homers put together, EB.
One of the broadest national publications printed this for your reading pleasure. We apologize it has upset you so greatly. 

Happy New Year and..

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!!

Correction, Eagle34 was the poster so upset not EB, my fault.

32 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

One of the broadest national publications printed this for your reading pleasure. We apologize it has upset you so greatly. 

Happy New Year and..

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!!

I believe Eagle34 is who was in a tizzy over it. Not Eagleborn. 

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Happy New Year and..

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!!

Correction, Eagle34 was the poster so upset not EB, my fault.

Ehhh?

1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

These rankings aren't coming from Carthage homers.  LOL at some of these comments.  DAWGS!!!!!!!!:trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy:

What’s wrong with someone having opinion? 

4 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Ehhh?

What’s wrong with someone having opinion? 

Nothing.  Nothing wrong with laughing at them either.  Doesn't mean I was necessarily laughing at yours either.  Mainly it was that other birdman.  Happy New Year.