Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

7 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

How many five stars did Texas sign in that time period?

According to 247, 5 - but Bru McCoy shouldn't count. He never suited up and went back to USC. The four are Caden Sterns, BJ Foster, Jordan Whittington, and Bijan Robinson.

18 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

How many five stars did Texas sign in that time period?

Only a few more than ND but at Texas you have a much better chance to land those guys than at ND. 

If he thinks what he needs is better athletes to really compete for a championship and Texas gives him a call, I could see him being interested. That’s not to say he wouldn’t have other reasons for not wanting to leave for Texas. 

Just now, Stoney said:

It’s Chip Brown so there’s still a 50/50 it could be still be Brian Kelly.

FWIW, Sark was supposedly offered a massive contract extension at BAMA, which was one of the reasons he withdrew from consideration on the Auburn job. But there’s a massive difference between Auburn and Texas. 

1 minute ago, Valhalla said:

I just don’t understand why the move is today? What is different today than the last few weeks?

Alabama is still playing football.

Texas A&M playing the Orange Bowl against Mack Brown?

2 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I was referring to their interpretation of CDC’s proclamation a few weeks ago that “Tom Herman is our coach.” or whatever he said. Many of them predicted that he would be canned after the bowl game. 

That statement from CDC was very open ended. He’s our coach right now and re-evaluate after the season. Nothing about him being the guy in ‘21. Way the season ended, the way the Urban chase went, I thought Herman would be back one more year.

3 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I was referring to their interpretation of CDC’s proclamation a few weeks ago that “Tom Herman is our coach.” or whatever he said. Many of them predicted that he would be canned after the bowl game. 

It was making a statement without having to make a commitment.  He said that Herman will be the coach in 2021.  Technically he was for one day.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stoney said:

1.  Of course there was wiggle room.  Do people not understand doublespeak?

2. Made the statement because they were still working on details on getting a replacement.

3. No kidding.

What a waste of a tweet.  All three statements are "no duh".  Lastly, it was not a couple of things, it was three (a few).

• Mr. P locked this topic