Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

1 hour ago, Lhornfan said:

Let's face it, when you start with Urban Meyer, who is going to be the guy that is a big hire? I would have been happy with Matt Campbell. I thought I would have been happy with James Franklin weeks ago until I did a little research on him. He seems to be just like Herman with a record of 60-28 and one conference championship in his seven years with Penn State. I think the big question now is who joins Sarkisian's staff? Some early names being thrown around, but there's too many rumors out there to even post the names.

At Penn State, he wasn't expected to win championships, just compete for them... and he won one.  At Vandy he was only expected to win 4-5 games... he was winning 7 and 8.  James Franklin is a good coach.  However, I think he is a hard ### and he wouldn't do well with the Texas donors etc.

UT fans are delusional! I guess Sark is going to bring a national title when he couldn’t at USC or Wash.   When you can’t keep your own home grown guys home it’s not good.  (See LBJ).   Also, just a couple of Texas grown QB’s that didn’t choose the Horns or probably didn’t get recruited by the “high and mighty” LOL

Drew Brees, Matthew Stafford, Andrew Luck, Kyler Murray, Case Keenum, Baker Mayfield, Johnny Manziel, Andy Dalton, Nick Foles, Ryan Tanneyhill, Chase Daniel, Robert Griffen III, Kliff Kingsbury, Graham Harrell, JT Barrett, Jarrett Stidham, Davis Webb, Josh McCowen and Derek Carr has Texas ties and plenty more.  Let’s not forget Quinn Ewers #1 in 2022 just decommited.

The horns didn’t land 1 of these guys and or didn’t recruit them for whatever reason.   Good luck Sark!
Make UT relevant again.

1 hour ago, BlackShirtD said:

UT fans are delusional! I guess Sark is going to bring a national title when he couldn’t at USC or Wash.   When you can’t keep your own home grown guys home it’s not good.  (See LBJ).   Also, just a couple of Texas grown QB’s that didn’t choose the Horns or probably didn’t get recruited by the “high and mighty” LOL

Drew Brees, Matthew Stafford, Andrew Luck, Kyler Murray, Case Keenum, Baker Mayfield, Johnny Manziel, Andy Dalton, Nick Foles, Ryan Tanneyhill, Chase Daniel, Robert Griffen III, Kliff Kingsbury, Graham Harrell, JT Barrett, Jarrett Stidham, Davis Webb, Josh McCowen and Derek Carr has Texas ties and plenty more.  Let’s not forget Quinn Ewers #1 in 2022 just decommited.

The horns didn’t land 1 of these guys and or didn’t recruit them for whatever reason.   Good luck Sark!
Make UT relevant again.

You know dang well Texas offered all of those guys...at safety! 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, BlackShirtD said:

Make UT relevant again.

Every one of those QB'S you mentioned were during the Mack Brown era. I'll take a NC, playing for another NC and being ranked high just about every year! Would love to go back to that success! Hopefully, the way Sark can develop QB'S it will be sooner rather than later!

Thinking about possible staff hires: 

I want Ash to remain at DC and Hutzler at LB coach. At DL Giles is a great coach but meh in recruiting. Valai I don’t have an opinion on.

On offense Hand, Coleman, and Boulware all need to be upgraded. Drayton can stay and obviously Yurcich will be gone since Sark will call plays. 

Sarkisian's record may not be all that great when he was at Washington, but it should be noted he took over a dumpster fire from Tyrone Willingham that was 0-12 the previous year and Sark had them in a bowl game his 2nd year.

I think his staff will be miles better than when Strong and Herman were hired.  Strong brought along the likes of Shawn Watson and Herman brough his UH buddies and Drew %#$@ Mehringer.  

• Like 1

Here are the names a former student of mine sent (Taken from IT)...

AJ Milwee - QB Coach (Served as offensive analyst at Bama)

Stan Drayton - RB Coach

Keary Colbert - WR Coach (Currently WR coach at USC)

Jeff Banks - TE/Special Teams (Currently TE/ST at Bama

Kyle Flood or Brad Davis - OL Coach (Flood is current OL Coach at Bama, David is current OL Coach at Arkansas)

Chris Ash or Will Muschamp or Ash/Mike Stoops - DC/Co-DC

Coleman Hutzler as LB Coach (If Muschamp is hired)

Bo Davis - DL Coach (Davis is current DL Coach at Detroit Lions)

8 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Here are the names a former student of mine sent (Taken from IT)...

AJ Milwee - QB Coach (Served as offensive analyst at Bama)

Stan Drayton - RB Coach

Keary Colbert - WR Coach (Currently WR coach at USC)

Jeff Banks - TE/Special Teams (Currently TE/ST at Bama

Kyle Flood or Brad Davis - OL Coach (Flood is current OL Coach at Bama, David is current OL Coach at Arkansas)

Chris Ash or Will Muschamp or Ash/Mike Stoops - DC/Co-DC

Coleman Hutzler as LB Coach (If Muschamp is hired)

Bo Davis - DL Coach (Davis is current DL Coach at Detroit Lions)

Banks can recruit. That would be a good get.

20 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Banks can recruit. That would be a good get.

Banks is a stud. Would love for Texas to get him away from Bama. Bama has turned the corner in special teams (that was one of their only weak links for years) and it has been a strength for them the last couple of years. Especially the return game. I'll be glad to see Banks leave if it happens. 

• Mr. P locked this topic