Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

20 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

Davis is a good OL coach. He was at UNT for one year and then taken away from us via Florida or Missouri.

Davis or Flood would be the best OL coach Texas has had since who knows.  Davis was at Arkansas this past season under Pittman and was previously at Missouri and Florida.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, topher805 said:

Here are the names a former student of mine sent (Taken from IT)...

AJ Milwee - QB Coach (Served as offensive analyst at Bama)

Stan Drayton - RB Coach

Keary Colbert - WR Coach (Currently WR coach at USC)

Jeff Banks - TE/Special Teams (Currently TE/ST at Bama

Kyle Flood or Brad Davis - OL Coach (Flood is current OL Coach at Bama, David is current OL Coach at Arkansas)

Chris Ash or Will Muschamp or Ash/Mike Stoops - DC/Co-DC

Coleman Hutzler as LB Coach (If Muschamp is hired)

Bo Davis - DL Coach (Davis is current DL Coach at Detroit Lions)

I think that was their initial list of potential hires. 
Muschamp and Stoops have been taken off that list. 
Also the Bama board is talking about their WR coach Wiggins coming with Sark. 
Tee MARTIN has been mentioned as a possible option too. 

We’ll be speculating all week. 

4 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Sarkisian's record may not be all that great when he was at Washington, but it should be noted he took over a dumpster fire from Tyrone Willingham that was 0-12 the previous year and Sark had them in a bowl game his 2nd year.

I think his staff will be miles better than when Strong and Herman were hired.  Strong brought along the likes of Shawn Watson and Herman brough his UH buddies and Drew %#$@ Mehringer.  

The one thing Sark has that the other 2 didn’t I’d P5 HC experience.  He has run programs... not very well... but at least he’s tried it before,,,

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Kinda surprised I wonder if holding out for HC gig. I suppose he doing well getting paid by South Carolina to not coach. Texas can’t afford to miss on the DC position.

I think his son goes to Georgia.  He’s staying close by from what I’ve been told

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

878F1DFA-8414-4314-84AF-97D88666808A.jpeg

This is a good thing.  He could make players look good, but they got stiff and slower.  Prime example is Bijan Robinson.  He could fly in high school. He stacked on 20lbs and looked good, but got tracked down multiple times this season.  Keoantay Ingram as well. He got stiff and lost a few steps too.  

43 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

This is a good thing.  He could make players look good, but they got stiff and slower.  Prime example is Bijan Robinson.  He could fly in high school. He stacked on 20lbs and looked good, but got tracked down multiple times this season.  Keoantay Ingram as well. He got stiff and lost a few steps too.  

Bijan was never a burner. He ran a 4.77 at the ESPN 300 without pads. He may look faster in his high school videos, but he wasn't running against P5 football talent for the most part, and many of the guys he played against this year already have a few years of college strength and conditioning under their belt. I think Ingram is around a 4.6. Where Ingram looks slow in my opinion is when he's slow playing the blocking waiting for the big hole. Those guys catching Bijan from the backside are cornerbacks with an angle that most likely run faster because they are 40 pounds lighter.

Saying all that, I'm not surprised to see the SC coach dismissed. He was loyal to the previous coach and in order for the new coaching staff to get total buy in they need a new person in charge of that weight room and conditioning. It's just part of the business. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

Bijan was never a burner. He ran a 4.77 at the ESPN 300 without pads. He may look faster in his high school videos, but he wasn't running against P5 football talent for the most part, and many of the guys he played against this year already have a few years of college strength and conditioning under their belt. I think Ingram is around a 4.6. Where Ingram looks slow in my opinion is when he's slow playing the blocking waiting for the big hole. Those guys catching Bijan from the backside are cornerbacks with an angle that most likely run faster because they are 40 pounds lighter.

Saying all that, I'm not surprised to see the SC coach dismissed. He was loyal to the previous coach and in order for the new coaching staff to get total buy in they need a new person in charge of that weight room and conditioning. It's just part of the business. 

4.77? Come on Man.....Maybe backpedaling. Lol

2 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

If he’d ran a 4.77 he wouldn’t have been the #1 ranked RB coming out of high school.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Was, but he’s closer to that 4.7 now.  Thanks to yancy 

Well, I did notice in the Alamo Bowl he couldn’t outrun the defense on one run I thought he had a chance to. On another long run they had a good angle on him. 
Bet he’s slightly slower top end today than he was 6 or 8 months ago, Ingram too. 

14 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Well, I did notice in the Alamo Bowl he couldn’t outrun the defense on one run I thought he had a chance to. On another long run they had a good angle on him. 
Bet he’s slightly slower top end today than he was 6 or 8 months ago, Ingram too. 

All the players at Texas are.  Brennon Eagles was a blazer coming out of high school, now he looks like he struggles to run.  I remember watching RoJo in high school.  He was far more agile and athletic then.  Now he looks like he’s pulling a plow he’s so slow 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

All the players at Texas are.  Brennon Eagles was a blazer coming out of high school, now he looks like he struggles to run

That’s “The Eyes of Texas” holding him down. Lol

14 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

All the players at Texas are.  Brennon Eagles was a blazer coming out of high school, now he looks like he struggles to run.  I remember watching RoJo in high school.  He was far more agile and athletic then.  Now he looks like he’s pulling a plow he’s so slow 

Yep

2 hours ago, eagle34 said:

4.77? Come on Man.....Maybe backpedaling. Lol

I didn't pull that number out of my butt. That is the time he posted at the combine for high school players. Those times always seem to be slower because it's usually done by a computer. ESPN actually had him ranked #3 for RBs. Both backs in front of him Zachary Evans and Tank Bigsby ran faster.

• Mr. P locked this topic