Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

On 1/2/2021 at 2:46 PM, WETSU said:

I'm not saying that but be realistic... Nick saban could follow sark to be is DC at Texas too but we aren't going to say that... 

Young was a few practices away from being the starter for Bama this year as a freshman. He has almost zero competition for the bama starting gig next year and will be playing with more weapons and a much better oline than he would transferring to Texas. 

I mean yes it could happen I guess but come on... If I said "I don't think bryce young is going to texas" would that make you feel better? 

well almost no competition except the starter this year and one of the Heisman frontrunners Mac Jones

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

Inside Texas reported that DC Odom is staying at Arkansas. Odom wanted to bring his DB coach with him but Sark wasn’t interested in that and didn’t offer him the job. 

Arkie better pay that man. He's head coach material. 

• Like 1

Ole Miss 247 reported that ST coach Blake Gideon would be headed to Texas. Nothing from the Texas side. 

Y’all remember Gideon right??? Then Longhorn safety dropped an INT just before Harrell hooked up with Crabtree for the game winning touchdown in 2008. That’s how he is remembered but dude was a really good 4-year starter for the Horns. 

41 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Ole Miss 247 reported that ST coach Blake Gideon would be headed to Texas. Nothing from the Texas side. 

Y’all remember Gideon right??? Then Longhorn safety dropped an INT just before Harrell hooked up with Crabtree for the game winning touchdown in 2008. That’s how he is remembered but dude was a really good 4-year starter for the Horns. 

We remember. We all remember. Do not need to be reminded.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

One of the only players that ran Robert Griffin down.  I didn’t realize his speed til that play

I unfortunately remember that moment and hate the he's known for that because he was a very good player for the Horns.

• Like 1

Sounds like special teams are really good wherever he's been.  No idea what kind of a recruiter he is.

https://footballscoop.com/news/blake-gideon-2019-footballscoop-special-teams-coordinator-of-the-year/

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

I didn't pull that number out of my butt. That is the time he posted at the combine for high school players. Those times always seem to be slower because it's usually done by a computer. ESPN actually had him ranked #3 for RBs. Both backs in front of him Zachary Evans and Tank Bigsby ran faster.

Just saying I ain't buying it. D lineman run faster than that. Fake news....

3 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

I unfortunately remember that moment and hate the he's known for that because he was a very good player for the Horns.

Yes. Terrible. Cost the Horns a shot at the NC game. It's a shame that era only had one Natty. 

UT nor anyone running one of the social media accounts no matter if it’s a fully affiliated or only partially affiliated account (not university personnel) folks like the Barstool accounts they need need not even appear to be spouting off about something Alabama or Alabama players have accomplished. It has nothing to do with Texas and is embarrassing.

The first response I saw to that tweet was somebody telling them not to go full Aggie. In other words, calm yourself.

16 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

UT nor anyone running one of the social media accounts no matter if it’s a fully affiliated or only partially affiliated account (not university personnel) folks like the Barstool accounts they need need not even appear to be spouting off about something Alabama or Alabama players have accomplished. It has nothing to do with Texas and is embarrassing.

The first response I saw to that tweet was somebody telling them not to go full Aggie. In other words, calm yourself.

They are only congratulating the coach on his accomplishments. It’s his offense that produced 3 of the top 5 heisman finalists. 

I don’t see anything wrong with Texas pointing out the results that Sarks offense produced at his previous stop, that’s why he was hired. 

If the Bama oline coach comes with Sark (he is rumored to be coming) then you’ll probably see a post about how his offensive line won the Joe Moore award. 

It’s not Texas taking credit for their accomplishments. It’s Texas saying checkout what our new coach brought to his last job, this is why we hired him here. It’s all about recruiting. 

They are only congratulating the coach on his accomplishments. It’s his offense that produced 3 of the top 5 heisman finalists. 

I don’t see anything wrong with Texas pointing out the results that Sarks offense produced at his previous stop, that’s why he was hired. 

If the Bama oline coach comes with Sark (he is rumored to be coming) then you’ll probably see a post about how his offensive line won the Joe Moore award. 

It’s not Texas taking credit for their accomplishments. It’s Texas saying checkout what our new coach brought to his last job, this is why we hired him here. It’s all about recruiting. 

I hear you, I just don’t like it. I do understand your points and trying to parlay it into improved recruiting for UT and trying to use it as reasons for the hire.

At the same time, everybody already knows.

• Mr. P locked this topic