Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

and that's what's difficult...it starts from the beginning as you build your team...you have to build it with a chip on it's shoulder (find a reason...make up a reason (I used to)...find kids with a grudge/chip/extra reason to work hard - to exceed) and build every second frothing to prove something!!!

15 minutes ago, LOL said:

It must be a "millennial" thing, because I have the same gripe with Riley. Dude absolutely refuses to put his foot on the pedal when we've got the momentum. 

I don’t understand it, you need to beat on a team until it is out of reach on the scoreboard and in their minds.  Don’t let a decent team hang around, because it’ll burn you!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

and that's what's difficult...it starts from the beginning as you build your team...you have to build it with a chip on it's shoulder (find a reason...make up a reason (I used to)...find kids with a grudge/chip/extra reason to work hard - to exceed) and build every second frothing to prove something!!!

I hear that, guess what though, Keaontay trying to do exactly that is why he fumbled on the goal line against TCU. He was trying to prove he was the guy at RB, tried to win the game and stretched that ball out there. Double edged sword sometimes..

• Like 1

I hate to say with my teams...in building...if my players/recruits didn't have some type chip on their shoulder towards my main 2-3 competitors from the start...it wasn't nearly as good. I was going to to recruit those kids a lot harder because I knew their makeup would give them a bigger upside for team success!!!

Inside Texas put out a list of DC candidates: 

Zach Arnett - Mississippi State DC
Marcus Freeman - Cincinnati DC
Tosh Lupoi - Atlanta Falcons DL/OLB (former DC at Alabama)
Peter Sirmon - Cal-Berkeley DC
Derrick Mason - Vanderbilt HC
John Glenn - Seattle Seahawks LB
Pete Golding - Alabama DC
Chris Ash - Texas DC

Lupoi would be considered as a CO-DC with the other CO-DC having play call duties. 
Glenn was apparently recommended by Pete Carroll to Sark 
Ash is being considered at Florida and Arizona and some think he may go with Urban to the NFL if that were to happen. 

8 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I don’t understand it, you need to beat on a team until it is out of reach on the scoreboard and in their minds.  Don’t let a decent team hang around, because it’ll burn you!

Let the younger guys play and run the offense, not just hand it off or kneel on it.  

1 minute ago, JustAFan11 said:

Inside Texas put out a list of DC candidates: 

Zach Arnett - Mississippi State DC
Marcus Freeman - Cincinnati DC
Tosh Lupoi - Atlanta Falcons DL/OLB (former DC at Alabama)
Peter Sirmon - Cal-Berkeley DC
Derrick Mason - Vanderbilt HC
John Glenn - Seattle Seahawks LB
Pete Golding - Alabama DC
Chris Ash - Texas DC

Lupoi would be considered as a CO-DC with the other CO-DC having play call duties. 
Glenn was apparently recommended by Pete Carroll to Sark 
Ash is being considered at Florida and Arizona and some think he may go with Urban to the NFL if that were to happen. 

Mason was announced as the auburn DC just an hour ago.  IT missed that I guess

• LOL! 1

10 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

A large part of that was UT’s insistence on running Ehlinger and using the RB’s as additional blockers.

Herman was too hard headed to let an RB work when he got into a rhythm, because that rhythm was always short lived. Maybe Sark will allow Bijan to get 25 - 30 carries pretty routinely

Well, to be fair, that's literally the Herman offense. The QB was the primary running threat at Houston and Ohio State. 

Though I'm admittedly skeptical of Sark being successful overall, one thing I do expect to improve significantly is the run game, led by actual halfbacks instead of wannabe Tebows. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LOL said:

Well, to be fair, that's literally the Herman offense. The QB was the primary running threat at Houston and Ohio State. 

Though I'm admittedly skeptical of Sark being successful overall, one thing I do expect to improve significantly is the run game, led by actual halfbacks instead of wannabe Tebows. 

yes, I see it being much more of a real offense. what I am disappointed about is that Tom portrayed his offense as a POWER SPREAD which I took as a combination of being able to spread it out and throw quickly and and nearly create big gaps in the line by spreading it out where then with the great talent and speed Texas would present it would give him such options he never had at Houston. thinking Tech on steroids.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, LOL said:

I hear that and will LOVE that change!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Mason was announced as the auburn DC just an hour ago.  IT missed that I guess

Yeah I guess so. Of course they didn’t say Texas would hire Mason or any of these guys. Just that these were guys that they have heard mentioned. 

They actually think it’ll be the Mississippi St guy. 

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

Yeah I guess so. Of course they didn’t say Texas would hire Mason or any of these guys. Just that these were guys that they have heard mentioned. 

They actually think it’ll be the Mississippi St guy. 

I was not impressed with the Miss State defense geez...seriously, aside from being a young guy that got an SEC DC job with a team that ONLY cares about offense. I would think Ash would be kept and/or they would go after Lupoi hard because of the abilities he also brings on the recruiting side of things. I would really also look to go back at Barry Odom and figure out a deal. 

34 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

I was not impressed with the Miss State defense geez...seriously, aside from being a young guy that got an SEC DC job with a team that ONLY cares about offense. I would think Ash would be kept and/or they would go after Lupoi hard because of the abilities he also brings on the recruiting side of things. I would really also look to go back at Barry Odom and figure out a deal. 

Apparently Sark reached out to Arnett (MSU DC) himself. It’s rumored that Satk really liked the way his defense looked when he was studying film. 

Lupoi is still in play but he wouldn’t call the defense. 

43 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Did Ingram ever transfer? I wish he had went to Tcu or Baylor where he could have made an impact. Health was issue so wasn’t all their fault. I assume he is eligible at any D1 ( Covid).

No way he beats out Evans at TCU. I had heard he was interested in A&M but everyone knows playing time would be almost zilch.

My guess is UTSA.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Nah, I’ve never been a bandwagon fan.  Not starting now

Ok if that’s what you want, but this might be the year to get in. We have a yearly limit on how many new fans we can take, and we had to downsize it this year cuz Covid. A bunch of folks that jumped on the LSU wagon last year that applied with us this year and got turned down. We won’t take anyone who leaves their team after less than 5 years. I’ve had some UGA and Florida fans messaging me on Facebook recently. Next year’s class might fill up fast. 

23 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Mismanagement obviously , I am not trying to be rude but I don’t think Texas handled it properly. 

Gray was not mismanaged.  Gray came to Texas knowing that Malcolm Brown was there a year ahead of him.  Brown was a much-heralded player from Cibolo Steele.  Brown is the starting RB for the Rams by the way.  Gray came to Texas with the mindset that he was going to be a shoo-in for the NFL and he did not want the college grind to tear his body down so he was "good" with sharing the load with Brown.  Both RB's had around 2600 yards for their careers at Texas.  Unfortunately Gray blew out his Achilles and was never the same again.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

I gotta disagree man.  Arnett took them from 11th in total defense to 4th this past season among SEC teams.  And that was with a Mike Leach air raid offense that had a ton of 3-and-outs this past year.  I'm not sure if he'll be the guy, but Arnett is legit.  Look at his SDSU defenses.

• Mr. P locked this topic