Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

In his introductory press coverage Sark was asked about the Eyes of Texas. 
“That’s our song, we’re going to stand and sing it proudly.” He acknowledged the climate in the country and said if players had questions or concerns he would have those discussions with them but “it’s our school song”.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas has its first commit of the Sark era. 
4* WR Armani Winfield 

IT said Evan Stewart and Brennan Thompson are Sark's primary targets at WR with Winfield.  Wants speed, speed, speed.

I also don't think it's out of the question that Ewers flips back.

Winfield would have never committed if Herman stayed on board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

He said Um 1276 times.  That got old.  Other than that he said what he should’ve said.  

I noticed that too but again he is paid to coach football games and not be a public speaker. Overall he did well.  I noticed that Eltife and Hartzel both read from notes and were so-so in their talk.  Del Conte spoke without notes and did the best out of all of them.

Some people are just born with the gift of gab.

14 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

In the video of Sarkisian during that coaching clinic he spoke better and without notes just explaining what was on the screen as he went, but spoke plenty without the power point too.

When I give presentations I never have notes. There is usually a power point, but a lot of it is just talking.

Exactly.

I bet if you get Sark in a room full of 100 coaches he'll do better than being in a room with 10 reporters. 

10 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

In the video of Sarkisian during that coaching clinic he spoke better and without notes just explaining what was on the screen as he went, but spoke plenty without the power point too.

When I give presentations I never have notes. There is usually a power point, but a lot of it is just talking.

Same way for me.  The bulk of the info in the slide deck are just pictures of what I am talking about.  The few notes or bullets on the slides are for the participants to have when I give them a PDF copy of slide deck.  I use basically the same slide deck for just about any presentation that I give and only change what I say during the presentation based upon the audience or what their particular interest is.  Sark's knowledge is in football so naturally he can speak clearly in a coaching clinic without notes or ummms.  Same for me with mining.  I can speak about it without hesitation but not so eloquently in some other subjects.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

I noticed that too but again he is paid to coach football games and not be a public speaker. Overall he did well.  I noticed that Eltife and Hartzel both read from notes and were so-so in their talk.  Del Conte spoke without notes and did the best out of all of them.

Some people are just born with the gift of gab.

I just got through with speech class so I couldn’t stand hearing it.  It two or three more months it might not bother me

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

All the reporters were at home I think.

The environment can affect ones ability to speak as well.  When I am in front of an audience speaking I like to move around and be a bit demonstrative.  One time I had to stand behind a lectern to give a presentation.  It was the worst one of my career as I was simply not comfortable standing still.  I had the worst cotton-mouth ever within the first 5 minutes of talking.

8 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

The environment can affect ones ability to speak as well.  When I am in front of an audience speaking I like to move around and be a bit demonstrative.  One time I had to stand behind a lectern to give a presentation.  It was the worst one of my career as I was simply not comfortable standing still.  I had the worst cotton-mouth ever within the first 5 minutes of talking.

I took speech online and had to have an audience of three and video it.  I had trouble with um myself.  Difference is, I don’t make $5.7M and am not the face of, um, a huge university, um, with high academic ,um, standards....  lol

his content was great though

36 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I took speech online and had to have an audience of three and video it.  I had trouble with um myself.  Difference is, I don’t make $5.7M and am not the face of, um, a huge university, um, with high academic ,um, standards....  lol

his content was great though

You're kidding... right? What does his salary as a head football coach have to do with how many "ums" he makes in a speech. I don't care if he speaks in pig Latin if we get back to winning conference championships and playing in the playoffs. He has also been wearing the burnt orange all of one day. Give him some time, and I'm sure his speeches will be better. Speech class - LOL!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

You're kidding... right? What does his salary as a head football coach have to do with how many "ums" he makes in a speech. I don't care if he speaks in pig Latin if we get back to winning conference championships and playing in the playoffs. He has also been wearing the burnt orange all of one day. Give him some time, and I'm sure his speeches will be better. Speech class - LOL!

I understand.  I also said his content was good.  I do prefer Um to really, really hard.

• Mr. P locked this topic