Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

I could be okay with the Texas font the way it is, but there is just too much stuff going on on the front 

Agreed. UT's uniform concept is classic. You diminish it with all the needless bells and whistles. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

I could be okay with the Texas font the way it is, but there is just too much stuff going on on the front 

Yeah between the “we are one” patch (is that the social justice movement?, the Big12 logo, the swoosh, the captain C, and the Longhorn logo, its way too busy. 

Not my current favorite rendition of the uniform but as long as they stay away from black/gray or introducing some type of alternative uniform I am OK.

Fortunately Texas has been able to stay away from going with some non-primary school colors. Hope it stays that way albeit at times the burnt-orange color is hard to match.

Something kind of interesting I read today. The new Texas coaching staff will meet in-person for the first time today. 
The last coach was just hired yesterday and the staff had been quarantined all last week according to Bobby Burton. 

The team will start workouts this week and I expect the coaches to send out a lot of offers and we should get a chance to see what prospects think of the new coaches. Should be a fun week. 

• Like 1

Jr 4* WR Evan Stewart, the 5th best WR in the country, shut down his recruitment yesterday and said he knew where he wanted to commit. 

The 3 most likely destinations are Alabama, Oregon, and Texas. 

New Texas TE coach Jeff Banks was his primary recruiter at Alabama. Texas could be landing their 2nd commit of the Sark era soon. 

7 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Best of luck to Ingram!

Not too sure about this.  Those fools out there may make football illegal in the not-too-distant future.  Should've stayed in Texas.  Not necessarily with Texas,  but IN Texas.  Best wishes regardless.  He's a special player who made me scream Yes! more times than I can count.

3 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

I think most felt he’d land somewhere decent.  He’s a good back

I figured him for somewhere in-state, or at least within the region...  Houston, SMU, or something. 

Heading out to Cali is kind of a gamble. Wish him well. 

• Mr. P locked this topic