Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

55 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Didn’t expect that good fit ? USC should be back to contending despite their HC being on the hot seat. Once you have consistent excellence , the expectations seem to be unrealistic cause teams want so badly what they used to have. 

This is an oxymoron. USC has made it known that they are okay with being mediocre by not getting rid of Helton 2 years ago.

1 minute ago, JustAFan11 said:

It’s been Bob Shipleys role since Strong took over for Mack. 

Interesting...  it makes sense to have someone in that role. Strange that it's not more common-place. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Sark gets his first 5* recruit. QB Maalik Murphy commits! 

Let's see if he stays a 5* with no HS season in California this past fall, although they are about to have a 5 game spring season.  He may not be the only Cali stud that Texas lands.

Sark has gotten 3 commits so far since arriving and all 3 are top 100 national players.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

It might the most “Texas” thing ever to get the five star QB who hasn’t even played a snap of varsity football lol.

This guy isn’t better than the QB right in their back yard.

The kid has raw talent and is coachable. Brains also helps, but VY wasn't that smart, and he led us to a NC. He was offered by all the big programs including the SEC and PAC. Maybe you guys know something everyone else doesn't since OU didn't offer. Hopefully he'll end up in Austin when the time comes so we can see what he's got.

• Like 1

This is a big momentum boost for Sarks first recruiting class. The kid is a 5* personality and liked by his peers. He is not a 5* QB with what he has put on tape to this point., but he has very high upside.

Here’s the idea in my mind...Hudson Card has at least 3 years at Texas. This kid could come in and sit for 2 years and if his upside is has high as some think then it’s a success. It’s a great play if you can’t flip Ewers from Ohio St. His 5 game spring season will be very interesting to keep up with. 

12 hours ago, Valhalla said:

It might the most “Texas” thing ever to get the five star QB who hasn’t even played a snap of varsity football lol.

This guy isn’t better than the QB right in their back yard.

I liked Ewers and Klubnik myself.  But sark is a qb guy and if he likes what he’s seen in him I’ll take it.  He’s not given up on ewers either.  From what I’ve read they’re staying in him

On 2/25/2021 at 9:46 PM, Red90fly said:

Big time get, but 23' is a long ways until signing day.

#1 Recruit in the State for 23'. Sark is doing exactly what I thought he would do when the Horns hired him. Other than Urban they couldn't have made a better pick. With his innovative offense and ability to keep top in-state players at home, the future is very bright in Longhorn land.

49 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

#1 Recruit in the State for 23'. Sark is doing exactly what I thought he would do when the Horns hired him. Other than Urban they couldn't have made a better pick. With his innovative offense and ability to keep top in-state players at home, the future is very bright in Longhorn land.

Did you recycle this exact post from when Herman was hired too lol. 

Hire a new “hot” coach

Sell “hope” to recruits 

Have mediocre results on the field 

Fire the coach because recruiting slows down. 

Rinse and Repeat.

• LOL! 1

12 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Did you recycle this exact post from when Herman was hired too lol. 

Hire a new “hot” coach

Sell “hope” to recruits 

Have mediocre results on the field 

Fire the coach because recruiting slows down. 

Rinse and Repeat.

This is the general idea.

• Mr. P locked this topic